RSS

Tuesday 110816

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
Bench Press - 3x5 (sets across)

ss w/

DB Bent Over Row (1 arm/1 leg) - 3x12 each arm

Rest as needed between sets but use the same weight for all 3.

followed by,

All out sprint to 90th street, walk back x 4 rounds

These runs are on your own after the above workout. Start them when you need to but push it hard. Get better than yesterday.

Post bench press weight and runs, if you time them, to comments/Logwod.


1 Arm/1 Leg DB Row Demo (whichever arm the dumbbell is in, the same side leg is up). Range of motion is fully extended arm all the way up to dumbbell touching the shoulder/chest w/o the back leg touching the ground.

edit post

14 Responses to "Tuesday 110816"

  1. BigD Says:
  2. Man, a workout with bench and it's on a day I won't be in town! At least I know what I'll be doing Thursday...
  3. Mark Says:
  4. 208-213-218 for bench. Ricky gave us a 10# window to go up so I took advantage of that. I'm pretty sure I could have done 218 for all 15 reps so that will be my goal when I come in and squat and bench on Thursday.

    Used a 50# DB for the rows, balance was the hardest part here. These were pretty fun since they challenged you in a new way.

    The four runs were super tough. That last 20 yards to the stop sing are the worst where your legs start getting all jelly like. I am glad I stuck around to do them cause I need the running practice.

    Awesome work today 6AM! This was a fun and challenging one!
  5. paul Says:
  6. Awesome day! (even the sprints, in a sick way.)

    Mark, you definitely had 218 for all 3 sets.

    I did 203 for the first 2, then 208. 50# DBs for rows. I'd like to try that with a 2pd. Balance is by far the hardest part.

    Sprints were tough, but luckily the pain didn't really start until each run was over, so i was able to push fairly hard.
  7. paul Says:
  8. Also, thanks for pushing me on those sprints, BChrist!
  9. BC Says:
  10. A staggering 142# 3x5 on bench (kneel before Zod). Nice work Jeff, Hilg and E.

    1.25 pood for the rows. Interesting balancing act there, definitely felt it in my hammys.

    Sprints were sucky. Apparently the 1-3 mile runs are my specialty. You're welcome Paul, though I don't know how much I was pushing you as opposed to you pulling me. Nice team work either way.
  11. CrossFit Omaha Says:
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.
  13. JonD Says:
  14. Bench 3x5 #220
    SLBOR- 2pd then #50 for last two sets. My balance needs work!

    Runs with Bob S. Good person to run with cuz he is a solid runner so tried to stay on his booty so he wouldnt slow down.

    Good day Rest day tomorrow.

    August 16, 2011 3:08 PM
  15. Shelley Says:
  16. Bench 3x5 125#
    These felt solid.

    30# on bent over row: this was definitely all about balance and one side is better than the other.

    The sprints were tough, but I enjoyed doing them.

    Great job once again 6 a.m.!! I think we have the best "cheerleaders" in this group!
  17. Kristina Nash Says:
  18. Bench 3x5 with 68#

    35# on single leg bent over rows. These were fun, I think my a$$ may hurt tomorrow!

    Sprints were interesting, that last little burst up the hill was "fun." I can't remember the last time I tried to sprint that far. I can run forever, but running fast is a different animal.

    I liked that Ricky gave us some time at the beginning to work on pull ups. I did 4 strict (1 at a time with significant rest between) then some strict with a band, a few negatives, and a couple kipping with a band. Setting some pull up goals and working towards them...improving every day!

    My days are so much brighter since I found CrossFit!! Thanks everyone for being so awesome!
  19. ZachR Says:
  20. 198# for 3 sets of 5

    50# DB for the Bent Over Rows

    Only got through 2 sprints before my entire lower half started cramping. Glad I didn't pace them.

    47 seconds
    44 seconds
  21. Jess Says:
  22. Bench 3x5 74#

    20# for the bent over rows

    Sprints were AWFUL and very slow going for me. Again, shocked I could even do them. BUT I am still NOT friends with AK-47 since she wouldn't run/jog my sprints with me. :)

    I totally agree with Shelley. The camaraderie at 6am is like no other. Love it!

    Great job 6am

    JChrist

    P.S. Oh and what schedule are you on Jon Day that you get a rest day tomorrow???
  23. Crystal Says:
  24. 79, 84, 89 for Bench
    20# for rows (should have gone heavier)

    did 3 runs and they were horrible! all out 1st and 2nd run. 3rd one i had to ask myself why did i even bother. about half way up my legs hit the off switch.

    good times tonight and great work by everyone.
  25. JennG Says:
  26. 89, 94, 99 on bench. This felt really good.
    20# on row. LOVE balance work! Not fantastic at it but like the complete concentration it takes.
    I also did 3 runs...bleh.

    Had a great time working with Danielle and Crystal. Great job, ladies!

    As I was working pull-up negatives after class, I discovered the motivation that will keep pushing me to get them. There is nothing like a 7 year old to remind you not to think about it so much. Just have fun with it. Thanks, D.!
  27. Hilg Says:
  28. Bench 198# X 3

    Runs were brutal. Ran all out on first 2, got "pukey" and half assed the second two.

Thanks For Visiting!