RSS

Monday 110822

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
Overhead Squat 5-5-5-5-5 reps

ss w/,

DB Bent Over Row (1 arm/1 leg) 3x12 each arm

Complete the rows after OH squat sets 1, 2, and 3. Increase db weight on row from last time or keep same weight and increase reps to 15 each arm. Change only one thing. Did you log what weight you used?

Post overhead squat weights to comments/Logwod.

Compare to 100924.

Lauren Williams at the USMC tent busting out some dead-hangs.

edit post

23 Responses to "Monday 110822"

  1. Shelley Says:
  2. 99, 109, 114, 121 and 3 at 131# before losing it on my 4th rep; disappointed in this as 121 felt good, and I expected to get all 5 on my last set.

    35# 3x12; balance felt better this week than last week when using 30# DB

    Worked on muscle up transitions/dips afterwards. I think I've finally got the kip down on dips, but I feel I've got a lot of work in front of me to get muscleups.
  3. Eric C Says:
  4. Got to work with Frank the Tank today. #169 on last set. Pretty tough. ('the Tank' made #169 look easy)

    #53 (1.5 pood kettlebell) seemed exponentially harder than the 50# db from last workout.

    Hey, Can someone post the workouts and the results from last Saturday? I couldn't make it but am interested to see what the WOD's were.
  5. JonD Says:
  6. OHS- 174-198-208-213-220
    DBSASLBOR- #50DB

    Lauren - The future ladies, you better watch out!
  7. Anonymous Says:
  8. Geeze Jon, I finished lower than what you started.... 169# for the last set of OHS, and 45# for one legged row.

    Afterward I got 22 reps Jake, counting by ONES!
  9. Shelley Says:
  10. Eric,

    I assume you saw the first WOD as that was posted on Saturday.

    2nd WOD: max deadlift in 2 minutes immediately followed by max rep situps. They scored the deadlift and situps separately and then determined ranking.

    3rd WOD:

    Men:

    50 burpees to plate
    75 pushups from red plate/hand release
    1200 meter run
    40 pullups
    40 KB swings

    Women:
    35 burpees to plate
    50 pushups from green plate
    1200 meter run
    30 pullups
    30 KB swings

    Catch:

    While doing burpees and pushups you worked for 1 minute, had to rest 30 seconds, then resume 1 minute on/30 seconds off until done. After that, you could take off for the run.

    I don't know everyone's results. I got 4th; situps hurt me I think.

    You need to make the next one!! These were fun, tough workouts that had a good mix.
  11. Unknown Says:
  12. 174# today. I am pretty unhappy with this. I was hoping for 184, but just couldn't get it done. In fact, I got 174# on the third set and then failed it 2x in a row after that. Used the 2 pood for the last set of rows. tough. Jon Day = Beast. I got 13 reps at 132 afterwards and about blacked out. I am certain that Pat was counting in 3's :)
  13. jakeH Says:
  14. 174x5 &

    Got 184 for 4.5. Somedays are better that others. I'm a little beat down from Saturdays triplet, but overall happy with this.

    worked up to 2 pd KB rows. Each set seemed better than the previous. Just have to get your balance tuned in.

    Afterwards we put 132 on a bar and went for reps. I got 0. My shoulder was not feeling it after the heavier ones. good job Pat, but u know Im going to have to beat the 22 you got.
  15. JonD Says:
  16. Ok people Throwdown Number 2! Pat said 1200m run for the loser.

    We had about 5-6 people last time step up now I want more. Here are the rules:

    1. Weight will trump time.
    Example: I use 154 and Pat uses 77, if he beats me in time but I finish the workout I win.

    2. Time will beat DNF.
    Example: I use 154 and Pat uses 44 he finishes the workout and I DNF, even though I used heavier weight he finished the workout and I lose.

    There might be more to come so people who scale please jump in its not just for those who go R'xd. Last Throwdown only a couple went R'xd so don't be afraid. Anyone and everyone should join in. Who is going to be the first lady?

    Tomorrows workout will be the test. Well good luck to all and it should be a fun one!
  17. Anonymous Says:
  18. Jon. I see your hidden message here you jerk!

    When has there ever been prescribed 154# and I have gone 44#!?!?

    That hurts, but just for that I will give you a beatdown!

    And I got 22 reps! I should of done more!
  19. Anonymous Says:
  20. And I can save you the time of writing your next example. It will probably go something like this:

    "If prescribed is 198# and pat uses a pbc pipe and beats me by a second. I win"

    I think we all got it now! Just had to clarify.
  21. paul Says:
  22. My elbow is to f'ed for OHS right now, so I messed around at home just to stay warm. I'll get in on the throwdown. But I will have to scale tomorrow since I can't do burpees right now.
  23. Danny Says:
  24. OHS: 154-154-164-169-174
    Rows: 53#

    Had to battle on the last set got all 5. Count me in for the throwdown tomorrow!
  25. Steve Says:
  26. OHS- 164 for final set... I was still feeling the effects from this weekend. 1 1/4 pood rows- same as last week but tried to maintain better form.
  27. ZachR Says:
  28. 186#

    Missed the 5th rep of the 5th set at 198#, o so close.

    50# DB for 3x15 on the rows
  29. JonD Says:
  30. Not sure what pbc is but you could use a pvc. No one right down their results for the throwdown until Wednesday. So no one gets an unfair advantage if people know where you are ending up.

    Good luck and lets get after it.
  31. Anonymous Says:
  32. Jon sorry im not perfect typing from my phone.
  33. tina Says:
  34. empty bar to #53
    DB 20, left side pretty shaky
    and not getting low enough on some of the squats (unintentionally)

    wondering if going everyday except Thu/Sun is not allowing enough time to heal...

    not too pleased with where I'm at but accepting it. looking fwd to trying Bradley tomorrow.
  35. Stacie Says:
  36. OH Squat: 162 x 5
    DB Row: 35 - 3 x 12
  37. JennG Says:
  38. Missed 5th rep of 5 set at 82#.

    Used 20# for rows..12-15 reps. Same weight as before..tried to be a bit more consistent.
  39. Kristina Nash Says:
  40. I started out with way to wide of a grip on the OHS, by the time I got to the fourth set my shoulders were hurting. With a little coaching and a narrower grip, set 5 went a bit smoother.

    58, 63, 73, 78, 73...I think
    40# for rows

    pbc pipe...haha!!
  41. Crystal Says:
  42. 87# on set 4 for 5 reps
    92# on set 5 for 4 reps. damn!
    25# for rows. went up 5# from last time.

    been working on technique w/pvc and empty bar lately. it is slowly paying off. very happy with today.

    great job 6:30
  43. Tovar Says:
  44. OHS - 154, 164, 174, 189, 203

    50lb db's for 3x12 rows

    OHS felt good. I think I could have gone a little heavier but still very happy with this considering my last 1 rep was 225 lbs. Worked some rope climb technique afterwards with the help of Damian. :)
  45. hannah eileen Says:
  46. OHS: 70, 75, 80, 85, 92

    I decided to make a bigger jump for the last set because it is the most solid I've felt on OHS in a long time. Thanks, JonDay!

    did 30# for rows for the last 2 sets. I didn't know where to start since I didn't do them last week so my first set was 20# and that was way too easy.

    Great work, 5:30!

Thanks For Visiting!