RSS

Monday 110808

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
AMRAP in 12 minutes of:
5/3 Handstand Push ups
15 DB Dead-lifts, 45#/30# (both sides of db must touch)
10 Broad Jumps, 6 feet

Scale hspu by adding 1 abmat and completing 10/7 reps, 2 abmats and completing 15/10, or 1 minute of a handstand hold equals 1 round of handstand push ups. If you can't jump 6 feet, jump width-wise (4 feet).

Post completed rounds/reps to comments/Logwod.

Stacie Tovar

edit post

24 Responses to "Monday 110808"

  1. Kristina Nash Says:
  2. Fun one today! I'm still working on the handstand push up so I did them with 2 ab mats.

    Finished up 4 full rounds and 5 HSPU using 30# for the DB deadlifts. The broad jumps were a fun addition to the workout.

    Lots of energy at 6 am today!! Great work everyone.

    Kristina
  3. Natalie Says:
  4. This picture of Stacey is Bad. Ass.
  5. BigD Says:
  6. Nice mix of skill work and fun at 5AM. Went RX'd on the first round of HSPUs, getting two in a row, then three singles. By the second round, I was struggling on those, so took Amanda's advice and went to one ab mat. 3 rnds + 6 HSPUs.
    Good stuff.
  7. Hilg Says:
  8. Nearly Ditto to Dave's results. Amanda actually delivered the mat during my second round (She's so subtle! ;-)) Good to be working on these...note to self, when you're traveling, do these in the hotel room before bed. Neighbor might be thinking WTF but who cares!

    3rnds + 15 DBDLs
  9. Hilg Says:
  10. BTW- Great time at the Golf Outing yesterday. I've been coming to CFO a little over two years and have so enjoyed what you guys have built and delivered so consistently. Congratulations to the entire coaching team.....you have something to truly be proud of.

    B
  11. Eric C Says:
  12. Nice seeing a skill movement back in a WOD. I definitely need to work on strength more, but it's fun to have them sprinkled in.

    6 Rounds + 2 Jumps.
  13. BigD Says:
  14. I agree with Brian. Awesome time out at the golf outing!
  15. Tovar Says:
  16. Sweeeeeeeeeet pic Stacie! Almost as cool as mine from last week. :)
  17. Shelley Says:
  18. 5 rounds plus 2 HSPU's Rx'd

    I did all strict HSPU's and did 2/1 first round and all singles after that with about 8 seconds rest between each one. I realized it was stupid of me to even start with doubles when I've never done more than 3 strict in a row. I didn't have any misses and these felt solid.

    I am meticulous about logging workouts and am very detailed with rep scheme, max weights, time performed in, etc, but I realize I'm not very good with goal setting. There are things I want to be able to do (muscle ups) and other movements/skills I want to get better at, but I don't write down what I'm going to do to get me there. I will have to give that some thought and start being as meticulous about this as I am about logging workouts.

    Great job 6 a.m.!!!

    Jumps were fun!!
  19. Shelley Says:
  20. That is a sweet pic Stacie!!!

    For those who missed the outing yesterday, you can't miss it next year. It was a lot of fun even for those of us who aren't great golfers.
  21. Anonymous Says:
  22. 7 rounds + 1 HSPU

    Did the HSPU facing the wall, this was both a lot harder and a lot more fun that I had originally thought.

    The jumps were fun!
  23. jakeH Says:
  24. 8 rounds + 4 HSPU.

    All HSPU and db dead-lifts unbroken. Jumps were challenging and made my afternoon run slightly more difficult.

    Fun noon class, but we were missing a couple of regulars. Must have been all the golf yesterday that contributed to their absence.
  25. paul Says:
  26. Any WOD with HSPU is always a humbling experience for me. I got 3 rds with a rd of kipping HSPU, a rd of negatives, and a rd holds. just tried to work on fully elevated shoulders at the top and tight abs throughout. still kind of a mess, though.
  27. JonD Says:
  28. 7 Rounds 5 HSPUs and 15 DB DLs.

    I used #50 DB since all the 45 were taken. Jumps were at a slow pace, but fun to do something a bit different.

    Fun time at the event last night, every event we have seems to be a great time! Make a note of that people, we love to have a good time.

    Get ready for Fight Gone Bad, shirts will be up to order here in the next week or so!
  29. JonD Says:
  30. This comment has been removed by the author.
  31. JonD Says:
  32. visit sportsgrants.org/fgb6 to register for our team. There are a lot of great foundations to raise money for and we want to show our support any way possible.

    Thanks everyone!
  33. Anonymous Says:
  34. Tovar that picture is almost as good...almost...as our picture from last night.
  35. BC Says:
  36. That picture looks like a comic book superhero came to life. You are definitely one of my heroes Stacie, and I felt lucky to be out there to watch you in person.
  37. Allison H :) Says:
  38. hand stand holds are not as cool as hand stand push ups, but that's what i got so did 3 rds, 1 min hold and 2 db DL #30 at time.
    broad jumps and db dl's went well. 1 min holds hurt the wrists and had to split up the time after rd 1.
    if i ever ever get to do rx'd HSPUs I will die a happy crossfitter!
    great work nooners!
  39. JennG Says:
  40. 4 full rounds with about 3 seconds left over.
    Just did handstand holds, but all 4 were unbroken for the full minute and felt strong.
    4 ft broad jumps.

    Echo all the comments about Stacie's pic. Pretty kick-ass!

    Also echo all comments about the golf outting. So much fun and a great opportunity to meet people that go to other class times. I'm so proud to be part of this organization. Truly, truly a life changing experience.
  41. Donohoe Says:
  42. I did 4 rounds and did and 1 hand stand push up. That was the first time i have ever done one. Kinda cool. I liked the jumps it was definately different.
    donohoe out....
  43. Addi Says:
  44. 6 rds + 13 DB DLs

    First round of HSPU was SLOW, but by the third round I was knocking out triples somehow. Best they've ever felt in a workout. DB DLs felt good, broad jumps are always a good time.

    Fun one to come back to after taking last week off!
  45. hannah eileen Says:
  46. So, I have a new goal: 1 strict handstand pushup by Jan 1.

    I was able to do 3 strict to 2 ab mats yesterday during warm ups. It was the first time I've attempted them in a LONG time. However, I knew I couldn't maintain that during the wod, so I did holds. I have the broken blood vessels around my eyes to prove it today. Anyway, I got 3 rds + a 30 sec hold. I LOVE BROAD JUMPS! I wish those could be in every workout.

    Great job 5:30! BC, thanks again for not crashing into me. :)
  47. Crystal Says:
  48. 3 rounds rx'd.

    very happy with this. did each HSPU one at a time. i burn out fast on these. need to work on staying tight in my core. still quite a weekness for me but improving. can't wait to get 2 or 3or 4 in a row!

    DB deadlifts were kinda akward and i loved the broad jumps. fun.

    great job 6:30. everyone kept on moving!

Thanks For Visiting!