RSS

Friday 110819

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
Four rounds, each for time, of:
500 Meter Row

Rest will be determined by how many athletes are in your group.

Post slowest and fastest rows to comments/Logwod.

What about roller coasters or major thrill rides? Yay or Nay? What do you like about them or why won't you get on them?

Post thoughts to comments.

edit post

17 Responses to "Friday 110819"

  1. tina Says:
  2. ...
  3. tina Says:
  4. Growing up in Santa Cruz, CA I'm have a sentimental love for the rickety wooden coasters, but big fast drops are great too! Not fond of the twisty dizzying ones though -- probably due to helicopter rides at low altitude in bad weather! Of course I'll take a class 3 or 4 rivah over any man made ride any day. TGIF
  5. Shelley Says:
  6. Rows: time/damper setting
    1:46/6
    1:48/3
    1:47/8
    1:47/7

    Damper at 3 was the worst not only in terms of time, but it felt like I was spinning my wheels going nowhere. 8 was too much; this one felt easy for the first 150 or so and then I felt like I hit a wall.

    Great work 6 a.m.!!
  7. Shelley Says:
  8. As for rollercoasters/thrill rides, I love them!!! I admit I have a little bit of a "fear factor" right before takeoff, but I love the big drops/fast speed. Some of the fun I think is that it makes you feel like a kid again.
  9. Mark Says:
  10. 1:36/5
    1:42/8, I think
    1:46/3
    1:41/6

    From past experience and from today I think my best performance damper setting is between 6 and 7. I never fully recovered after the first 500m though, my hamstrings were not liking me at all. This would be a good thing to test once a week or so after the daily WOD. One, all out, leave nothing in the tank 500m row. My PR using an 8 damper setting over a year ago was 1:30.8. I think I can get back to that if I row once a week for a couple months.

    As for roller coasters... I LOVE THEM!!! I so want to take a trip to Cedar Point cause they have the #1 roller coaster in the country.
  11. Unknown Says:
  12. I am in PURE PAIN right now. I don't know if it was the sprints, the squats, or the crazy wod from Monday that I made up yesterday, but my thighs feel like somebody took a bat to them! This rowing thing is going to be interesting. The last time I did this, I rowed a 1:24.9. Based on the horrific level of pain I am in, I will be happy with 1:45. See you all at noon. I will be there early in an attempt to roll these babies out!

    CrossFit Love,

    Nick
  13. Jess Says:
  14. 2:01/5
    2:06/3
    1:59/7
    2:00/6

    I totally agree with Shelley, damper setting 3 sucked!!!

    Great job 6am

    JChrist
  15. jakeH Says:
  16. Big rowing @ noon today.

    1:24.4/8
    1:27.9/8
    1:34.1/6
    1:31.1/7

    The only rowing that I have done lately is on the rusty/non-oiled concept 2s @ 24 hour fitness. Using the well maintained equipment @ crossfit was a treat. I am sure this contributed to my big pr on the 500 meter. I also wore my weightlifting shoes, which seemed to help.

    Congrats to all the PRs today. The sprints on the rower are challenging, but everybody pushed themselves. Good crowd today. I wonder where Pat M was? Probably doing DUs somewhere.

    Good working with Paul and Nick today. We had some rough ones. I just hope I didn't sacrifice the rest of my day for the glory of crossfit.
  17. tina Says:
  18. 1:51 (6)
    2:16.5 (5) - recovery row, hit pukey feeling at 275 had to slow WAY down
    2:03.6 (7) - all out last 100m, setting too high
    2:11.6 (5) - recovery row, all out last 70m, setting too low

    Feel like I can break 1:50 on a 6 setting by pacing and then all out last 75-100m.

    fun workout! well, except for the feeling like I'm never going to eat again nausea stuff...aah it goes away. want to beat this time really bad knowing I can, just not today. :)
  19. paul Says:
  20. Fun to row with Nick and Jake! What a couple of gangstas!

    This was painful, but I learned a lot about damper setting. Also, I was very surprised to find muscle fatigue to be more of a factor than breath. My legs were just jello after 300-350m on the 2rd and 3rd rows.

    128.9 (8)
    137.2 (9)
    138.3 (6)
    134.5 (7)

    I've never been so happy to row a 1:34 in my life after getting killed on rds 2 and 3.

    No PR today, but I feel well poised to get one with my knew knowledge of technique and damper setting.
  21. Kat Says:
  22. I did this workout last week. PR'd on the 1st 500 with
    1:39 then
    1:42
    1:45
    1:49
    Damper was between 6 and 7 for each

    I felt absolutely terrible after the 2nd 500, almost didn't get back on the rower! pushed through and then my goal was to get the last 2 rnds under 1:50
  23. Danny Says:
  24. wow, this was much tougher than expected

    1:31 (6)
    1:43 (7)
    1:49 (6)
    1:41 (6)

    I think I could have kept a more consistent time if I would have saved a little bit on the first round.
  25. Anonymous Says:
  26. Did this one last week after a WOD... thats why I didn't make it today.

    As I've said before Jake, if you want to teach my classes so I can come to noon class let me know!
  27. JennG Says:
  28. 1:56 (5), 1:56 (3), 1:47 (9), & 1:49 (7)

    Pretty happy with these times.. this is the type of WOD that makes me wonder how I coulda done if I'd gotten more than 4 hours of sleep last night and hadn't been climbing roofs all day. Darn hail!!

    Great job, Karen and Vanessa!! Really fun rowing with you ladies!
  29. Unknown Says:
  30. Good working with Jake and Paul today. Top time for Me today was a 1:24.4. That's a 1/2 second pr for me. I thought I had "big Jake" when the timer read 1:24.3 then rolled to a .4! I'll have to settle for a tie. Good test of fitness with the big boys today
  31. ZachR Says:
  32. 1:34
    1:35
    1:38
    1:36

    As most have either said or their times have shown, the third row was definitely the toughest both physically and mentally. I was very happy with my consistent times considering 1:34 is only a couple seconds off my PR.
  33. Kristina Nash Says:
  34. This was harder then I anticipated, I'm not very efficient with rowing yet. Although, with some great coaching (as always) I began to get in the groove towards the end (contrary to what my times show. Hopefully this one comes up again in a month or so and I can beat my times from today!

    1:49/7
    1:54/6
    2:03/8
    2:02/7

    As far as roller coasters go, what's not to like? I like the anticipation of the up hill and the exhilaration of the down!

    Have fun tomorrow everyone! I'll be following via twitter!!

Thanks For Visiting!