RSS

Friday 110812

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
For time:
50 Chest 2 Bar Pull ups
10 Clean & Jerks, 220#/153#
50 Hand Release Push ups

If you must scale the clean and jerk weight, your reps are as follows:
198#/136# - 13 reps
176#/121# - 14 reps
154#/109# - 15 reps
132#/93# - 16 reps
110#/77# - 17 reps

Post time to comments/Logwod.


Perception is reality! You only can't do what your mind can't perceive. One of the worst phrases to have in your vocabulary is, "Now, I could never do that."

edit post

35 Responses to "Friday 110812"

  1. paul Says:
  2. Awesome.
  3. Anonymous Says:
  4. I should have known Ricky was doing this for a reason.

    I need the rules for our throwdown, because I will push myself but I will also be realistic and know that at this point in my life I don't think I can go rx on this one.

    But im going all out Jon!
  5. BC Says:
  6. What Paul said...awesome!
  7. Allison H :) Says:
  8. oh my!!!! perfect wod before moving on saturday ~ guess this will give my arms a jolly good warm up for that! ;)
  9. BigD Says:
  10. Bring it!
  11. Kristina Nash Says:
  12. Oh no, I don't wish it were easier, I simply "wish I were better." The only way to make that happen is to make the most of workouts like these.

    If only I hadn't ripped my hands working kipping pull-ups today...

    Again, it can only make me better!

    Let's do it!!

    Kristina
  13. Addi Says:
  14. Ripped my hands today practicing pullups, too. Luckily (?), can't come in tomorrow anyways - I'll have the weekend to heal up! Looked like a "fun" one, though. Maybe next week!
  15. Anonymous Says:
  16. 10:20 @ 176 with C2B and hand release

    This was really tough.... but just over two months ago when I started I don't think I would of been able to do more than 154#, so this is ok. I feel like I could of done somewhere between the 176 and 198, I should of. Let me know your time Jake and Jon on here by 3 and I'll do the burpee pull ups when I come back if you guys beat me. (Which I'm not sure if its fair since I did less weight than I'm sure both you will)

    Still need to work on stringing chest to bars together.

    Whatever you are talking about on your twitter feed for next Saturday Ricky, I'm in!

    Good luck the rest of the day.
  17. BigD Says:
  18. 14:06 only scaling clean and jerks to 154. 176 was ok for the clean, but the jerk was pretty non-existent in the warmups. Means I'll be working on these more.
    50 CTB went pretty good at a few seonds above 4 minutes. C & Js slowed down quite a bit. Got to the 50 hand realease pushups at about the 11 miunte mark. Good workout. If I'm low man on the totem pole for all those who took the challenge today, I'll happily do the 30 burpee pullups next week.
  19. Shelley Says:
  20. DNF Rx'd: I got through 43 of the pushups

    50 CTB: 5:47
    10 C&J: 11:13
    43 pushups: 15:00

    I hate DNF'ing, but on the positive side, CTB is so much improved for me and this was a good test with having to do 50. I did one set of 4, then all 3's or 2's with the last one being a single.

    I was surprised that the jerk was harder than I expected. I thought the clean would be harder and it was the opposite. I power cleaned and did split jerk, but I know I need to split much wider than I did. I didn't have any misses, but at a pace of about 2 per minute, I was resting a lot. In hindsight, maybe I could have rested slightly less after each one to allow me to finish this WOD.

    Pushups were mostly 3's and 2's until I hit 30 and then started doing singles.

    This was tough, but it built my confidence on CTB and heavy cleans/jerks.

    Great work 6 a.m.!! Loved seeing Stacie there!!
  21. BC Says:
  22. DNF w/ 154# and 35 C2B/HR. 154# for C&J was a bit out of my comfort zone but my plan for the next few weeks/months is to start going heavier when I can and worry less about the clock. In the end they went better than I had anticipated, just not quite as fast as I would have liked. As for the C2B and HR pushups, I wasn't sure if I should go 50 or 35. In talking with Jon Day before we started he said the pullups should take 4:00 or less, when I hit # 35 I was at about 3:30 so I decided at that point the last 15 were not going to happen. Looking back I kind of wish I would've done all 50 as I would've DNF'd either way, but I wouldn't have gotten as many HR pushups (got 25 as it was). Good day overall, and good workout. Nice job morning monsters.
  23. JonD Says:
  24. Updating my workouts so I can keep track.

    Thursday Throwdown:
    10min of Nate
    2 Muscle ups
    4 HSPU
    8 2 pood KB Swings
    rest 1 min
    10 wall balls
    10 pull ups
    20 box jumps
    20 DUs
    15 Ring Dips
    15 Sit ups
    3 rope climbs
    15 min cut-off

    9 rounds plus 1 muscle up for part one and finished part two with 49 seconds left.

    Total reps: 269. You add reps of part one with reps and time left over (if you finish) to part two.
  25. JonD Says:
  26. Todays:

    50 C2B
    10 Clean and Jerks #220
    50 HR Push ups

    9:59.

    C2B were rough, I power cleaned the reps. The first one is a bit interesting. Push ups I tried to just move as fast as I could.

    Keep up the good work challengers and great job this morning people!
  27. Anonymous Says:
  28. Jon you are my nemesis!
  29. JonD Says:
  30. Check this out people! My buddy sent me this and its coming to Omaha next year.

    http://toughmudder.com/
  31. Egan Says:
  32. This comment has been removed by the author.
  33. Egan Says:
  34. Yea the Mudder is coming to Omaha!!! Jen and I did one this year in Colorado....It was AWESOME!! I am in...it would be cool to get a big group to run it.
  35. paul Says:
  36. the results are in...those burpee pullup reps are rightfully mine!

    DNF at 198#. i thought i was on pace to finish, but suddenly looked up at the clock and it said 12:20. Still had 8 c&j to go. Picked up the pace and got 11 cleans (10 jerks). Did my 50 hand-release pullups after the workout.

    i'll do the BPUs tomorrow after class.
  37. tina Says:
  38. technique is huge..and green bumpers sure help point out what isn't right about mine! today was a good opportunity to practice and now i have a mark in the sand to beat next time.

    DNF (D): 20, 77#10, 15

    thx jon/ricky for the tips and encouragement!
  39. Allison H :) Says:
  40. D. N. F.
    scaled to 93# with 16 reps of c&j. did 50 kipping pull ups. and was on 22/50 hand rl push ups at 15 min cutoff.

    this was no joke! but i liked how once you were done with one movement it was on to the next. worked on split jerks, getting more confidence with those :)

    great work today everyone. And to those who went rx'd ~ DAAAAAAAMN! good work!
  41. Danny Says:
  42. 50 CTB
    13 Clean and Jerks @ 198#
    50 HRPU
    14:52
    Tough workout but had a good group pushing the pace. I owe some burpee pull ups on monday. Nice job nooners!
  43. Kristina Nash Says:
  44. I did 35 inverted rows...I will have kipping's one of these days, ugh!

    77# clean and jerk. I'm still working on my technique. The weight wasn't bad, but I want to be sure I have the movement going on before adding more weight.

    35 hand release. I did sets of 5. It was tough, but I think I'm stronger because of it all!!


    For all of those interested in adventure racing...I'm doing the Lincoln Mud Run on August 27, would love to have a CFO running partner or group.

    Also Google Spartan Race...UNREAL Adventure races, mental and physical challenges along the way. There is one in Chicago on October 15. I'm trying to find a way to make that happen in my schedule. Talk to me if you are interested!

    Kristina
  45. jakeH Says:
  46. Not sure what my time was. 14:something.

    used 198. I had been avoiding heavy overhead movements because of injuries. Really showed today. I definitely need much improvement in this area.

    Tough one, but I don't think burpee pull-ups are due for anyone that showed up and worked today. We should reserve those for workouts everyone can go Rx'd on.
  47. Anonymous Says:
  48. Can't back put Jake!

    Ill do your share then!
  49. paul Says:
  50. The original bet was that only the slowest person had to do them. That's me. Weight trumps time, but not in the case of a DNF.

    I don't really mind doing the burpee pullups. I'm kind of curious to see how they feel...I haven't done them for at least a year if not two.
  51. Jess Says:
  52. 14:28 doing option D (20 regular kipping pull-ups and 20 push-ups on red bumpers) using 77#

    Great job 6am!

    JChrist
  53. Anonymous Says:
  54. This is true Paul.

    Nonetheless jon still beat me and I will join you on the burpee pullups tomorrow if I see you in the morning class.
  55. Mark Says:
  56. 14:57 with 198#... shoulders were toast after.
  57. BigD Says:
  58. Pat, Paul, et al...and since I used the lightest weight of all us in the bet, I will do 30 burpee pullups to remind me to work on going heavier on overhead stuff.
  59. Joe H Says:
  60. I wasnt in on the bet but I should have been so I could work on burpee pull ups. Tried this one rxd and chaulk that up to another mistake. C2b started hitting bar below my chest and by the end I was only doing 2 at a time. C&j 220? Took almost 12 minutes with 3 misses. Dnf with pushups only at 10 wjen time ran out. Jon day, you are my inspiration. What are skme details on next saturday?
  61. Kristina Nash Says:
  62. So, I'm assuming a burpee pull up is a burpee and on the upward jump you do a pull up...am I close?
  63. paul Says:
  64. Kristina, that's exactly what a burpee pullup is.
  65. JennG Says:
  66. 46 ring rows @ the five minute mark.

    16 - 93# clean & jerks. So many things to think about on this move. Need to spend more time slowing down and focusing on the technique. Probably will be on my rest day agenda for awhile.

    Did 25 push-ups. Really tried to work on quality rather than quantity.
  67. hannah eileen Says:
  68. I scaled to 35 pullups, 12 93# C&J, and 20 pushups. It was 20 because I DNF'd even my sad little scaled version. I really like cleans, but hate jerks.

    5:30 was fun yesterday!

    I was pissed when I saw this video on the blog because I immediately thought ZachR (or Zack J) was going to hurt himself trying to do a pistol on a KB.
  69. ZachR Says:
  70. 35 C2B Pullups
    10 198# C&Js
    35 HR Pushups

    13:16

    The C&Js were full squat cleans and split jerks. 198# is the heaviest I've gone since my knee surgery. They felt good but each one felt like a max effort.

Thanks For Visiting!