RSS

Tuesday 110719

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
Strict Pull ups

This day is dedicated to pull ups. Strengthen your existing pull ups by adding weight and performing something along the lines of 5x3 or 7x1. Or, if you don't have strict pull ups, work on super-duper slow negatives. If you are really good at negatives, try adding weight to your negatives and still try and go slow.

If there just isn't any other way around it, add the smallest band you can handle and work on super slow strict pull ups with a super slow negative. If you use a band, or any other way for that matter, don't be satisfied with anything less than touching your neck to the bar. Who are you kidding anyways?

Post what you did and results to comments/Logwod.

Addi Kahrs
_________________________________________

Time is running out. If you want in on the golf outing or at least to come hang out at the after party (kids are welcome), please jump on MindBody today and sign up. The date is Sunday, August 7th.

We're counting on you!!!!!!

edit post

16 Responses to "Tuesday 110719"

  1. Kylie Says:
  2. that is a pretty badass photo there. wouldn't want to mess with that girl.
  3. John Snodgrass Says:
  4. If anyone needs a player for golf let me know. I would like to pla y if there is a spot.
  5. BigD Says:
  6. Worked strict pullups with the 20# vest. Did the first two sets of 3 and worked on going down nice and slow.
    For the last three sets, added a 10# chain over my shoulders. Word of caution for any guys doing that. If you have to jump to the pullup bar, watch where the chain is at.... Ouch....
    Also, still looking for two more 5AMers for a all-5AM team!
  7. BC Says:
  8. 5x3 unweighted followed by 5x2 w/ weighted vest, all strict. Good stuff.
  9. BC Says:
  10. Also, sweet picture Addi!
  11. JennG Says:
  12. Worked negatives (7x2) this am. Seems like I'm going backwards just a bit. Feels like a good time to take a week off to really rest (Greg Mo would be really proud).

    Was fun working with you this morning, Gina. Been a while since I've been to an early am class. Nice big group!

    Really cool pic, Addi!
  13. Unknown Says:
  14. Great pic
  15. Steve Says:
  16. I'd like to enter a CFO team in this year's Corporate Cup Run, 18 Sep. Good way to get out and shake off the effects from FGB.

    http://omahacorporatecup.org/

    Any interest in joining a team @ $15?
  17. Jess Says:
  18. 7x2 doing negatives (no band)

    Awesome job 6am and as always good working with ya, Natalie.

    Addi, is my hero. Some day I hope I will be as cool as her! ;)

    JChrist
  19. Anonymous Says:
  20. Did 5x5 with the weighted vest and up to 30 lb dumbell, then did a few sets of two with the vest and 40, 45, 50.

    Nice job Nick P with doing a pull ups with every chain we had!
  21. Unknown Says:
  22. Ha ha! yeah, that was a fun one. Worked with Professor Paul and did 7x3. did last set at 55#, then did one rep at 75#.

    Now for volleyball tonight in the heat! Wish me luck...and pray I don't die!
  23. paul Says:
  24. Nice working with you, Nick! Very impressive chain pullups!

    I did sets of 3 strict PU with dumbells: 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45. Tried for 55-ish, and didn't get a single one. The 3rd reps at 40 and 45 were also a little dodgy.

    I had been planning to go to the CFO anniversary party, but then I remembered that 8/7 is also my wedding anniversary.
  25. ZachR Says:
  26. 7x5 w/ weight vest (20#?)

    Fun one today
  27. Addi Says:
  28. John - Josh, Ben, and I are looking for a 4th. We might not be the best golfers, but we'll probably have the most fun!
  29. JonD Says:
  30. Worked on about 7x3 weighted pull ups.

    Using chains and DB's. Worked up to #50 db and a couple chains hanging from my feet to make it harder as I go up.

    Tried to do a pull ups with some added weight (JenT) and got my chin to the bar but not over. Getting close.

    Also did 15.5 strict pull ups (according to JenT) when maxing out. Overall fun day messing around!
  31. Kristina Nash Says:
  32. I did my first strict pull up today!!

    My workout as RX'd by JonD:
    Alternating strict pull up followed by s-l-o-w negative on the minute for 10 minutes.

    Then I just messed around with negatives and low ring rows.

    I have to say I'm pretty pumped I can do a strict pull!!

Thanks For Visiting!