RSS

Tuesday 110712

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
A. Not for time:
Wall Climb w/ Strict HSPU, 50/35 reps
(facing wall)
---------------------
B. Not for time:
50/35 Strict/Kipping Handstand Push ups
(facing wall)
---------------------
C. Not for time:
10 sets of 5 Super Duper Slow Negatives (at least 5 count)
Rest 1-2 minutes b/w sets
(facing wall)
---------------------
D. Not for time:
Up to 20 rounds
Handstand Hold, 30 seconds
30 seconds rest

There are no deviations or modifications allowed to the workouts above. If you aren't able to do one workout, scale down to the next workout. Workout D. allows you to work as many rounds as you feel comfortable with up to 20 rounds. If D. is too challenging, spend the hour working on getting into a handstand and holding for as long as you can.

Post your workout and experience to comments/Logwod.


This is how handstand push ups are to be performed in workouts A., B., and C. The tips from coach Carl Paoli are:

1. Hands, shoulder width apart.
2. Fingers spread and index fingers pointed straight ahead.
3. Body in hollow position with ears glued to the shoulders.
4. Chest faces towards the wall and only toes touching the wall by way of pointing.
5. Descend by sending shoulders (and head) forward while keeping lower arms vertical.
6. Make sure your head and hands at the bottom of the push up form a triangle shape on the ground.
7. Push back up to handstand while maintaining hollow body position during entire movement.

edit post

10 Responses to "Tuesday 110712"

  1. BigD Says:
  2. Did option C today. Shoulders are toast!
    Good workin' with you today Corey.
    Way to knock out 50 HSPUs John. Frickin' beast!
  3. Mark Says:
  4. In the words of Ricky: If only I could get you to arch your back like that on a deadlift and round your back on a HSPU like you do on your deadlift.

    I think I started understanding how to hollow out my core but I have to sit there, upside down on the wall, trying to get in the correct position. I think this is something I am going to try to work on more after classes and possibly at home.

    Felt great to finally make it back to the gym after a week and a half off. Poor sleep and a bad diet have lead me to feeling sluggish lately but today I feel much better.
  5. Natalie Says:
  6. Tough day. Considering this is the 3rd time in my life I've attempted these I think all I can say is: I suck slightly less at HSPU today than I did yesterday. Nice work 6am!
  7. svioli Says:
  8. I LOVE LOVE LOVE any gymnastic WOD's! More please!
  9. Stacie Says:
  10. I wanted to post this in yesterday's comments but I didn't want it to get missed. Really, it's for JennG, but in reality, it's a great reminder for everybody!

    JennG - I just want to let you know that I have been in your shoes before. I think at some point, every Crossfitter has. I am so proud of the fortitude you showed. Yesterday you made leaps and bounds mentally. A HUGE part of the game that needs practiced more than one thinks. Never give up, NEVER give up my friend.
  11. paul Says:
  12. Option D for this guy. I felt stronger in the correct position, actually, but I didn't get any HSPU. (Granted, I only tried once.)

    I did about 10 holds. Even that took a real toll on me.
  13. Shelley Says:
  14. Option C completing 5 sets of 5. I traded rest time with Addi. I thought these were incredibly tough. When I first saw this WOD, I thought I would be doing Option B, doing them one at a time and seeing how far I could get. I then remembered that I have never done one HSPU facing the wall so I don't know what I was thinking....
  15. Addi Says:
  16. No wall-facing HSPU for me, but the negatives felt good. Exhausting and a little painful, but good in that way that I know will make me better in the long run. Fun morning.

    P.S. Gina is a handstand ninja.
  17. Unknown Says:
  18. I'm doing this "Nightime Bike Ride" this weekend. Check it out. It would be cool if a bunch of CFO'ers did it.

    http://owlride.org/
  19. JennG Says:
  20. Stacie - thank you for that. It means a lot coming from you. I don't think I realized exactly how mental this is. I can't wait to get to the point that I am able to get out of my own head. LOL! I think maybe this is my favorite part of CFO...how supportive all of the members and coaches are, especially on bad days.

    Today was much better. The handstands are kinda fun. Did the wall facing holds. Was a great chance to work on something that is a little "scary" without the pressure of the clock.

    Awesome job & thanks for being my wall space buddies, Kelli and Nicki!

Thanks For Visiting!