RSS

Friday 110708

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
For time:
Run to last pole on right (about 800)
75 Double Unders
Run to 3rd from last pole on right (about 600)
100 Double Unders
Run to 5th from last pole on right (about 400)
125 Double Unders

finish w/,

10/5 Tire Flips

If needed, pair with someone on the tire flips and go back and forth.

Post time to comments/Logwod.


Quick tip on flipping tires correctly.

edit post

10 Responses to "Friday 110708"

  1. BigD Says:
  2. Tire Flips!! You just made my Friday!
  3. BigD Says:
  4. 18:38 doing option A-B. Did the runs RX'd, but did option B on DU as they did me in today. Tire flips were fun though! By the way, Jon brought up a good point for us 5 AMers. Who of you want to put together a team for the golf tournament? I'm in for whoever else wants to join. We just need to pick someone to pay the $160.00 up front and the other three of us pay them back. Any takers?
  5. paul Says:
  6. This does look really fun, but I am forcing myself to take a few days off. I HATE doing that, but when I can't get within 40 pounds of my DL max, I know it's time to rest. I will try to use this time to work on technique and movements I have trouble with (pistols, handstands).
  7. Anonymous Says:
  8. To quote the great Jon Day "this was a dirty one"

    Did option A for the run and DU's in 13-ish. I was under the impression we finished then waited for someone to do flips with, so I lost a little time ther, and after I was done with them, I stayed outside for a little bit, not sure why.

    Anyways, did the DU's sets all unbroken but felt I could have ran a little faster.

    Really fun wod, love DU's, fun working out with the 5 am crew!

    Jon and Amanda, get some rest for the Indian run 5k tomorrow morning! I'll have three gallons of choc milk for us!
  9. Shelley Says:
  10. I liked this one! I forgot about the tire flips on this one before getting to the gym and wore a white top so I was definitely dirty after this one!! As Grep P said, I looked like I'd gotten run over by a truck1 I'm pretty sure he was only referring to the dirt all over me...

    13:04 Rx'd. DU's cooperated really well today. The limiting factor was me getting tired on these and not so much me getting tripped up. I checked the clock after the first 800 which took me 3:20 and then exactly 1 minute to get the first 75 DU's.

    Tire flips were fun and so much easier doing them the right way!!

    Good work once again 6 a.m.!!
  11. ZachR Says:
  12. I subbed rowing for the runs which certainly increased the difficultly of the double unders. The second round of DUs was the hardest for me.

    16:28
  13. Addi Says:
  14. 17:48, including tire flips. At first, didn't realize the earlier classes stopped the clock after the last DUs, so I was really disappointed in my time. Time without flips was probably around 14:00 or 15:00, which is about what I was shooting for. Runs felt slow, but I thought I stayed pretty steady. Tire flips were tough, but FUN. Used the long, skinny tires, as those are hardest for me.
  15. Allison H :) Says:
  16. We did not stop the clock with our tire flips either~

    19:30 with tire flipage!
    scaled to opt B: 800m, 35 du, 600m, 50 du, 200m, 65 du

    double unders are getting better but still need work at getting more in a row. Was a hot and dirty one today! fun fun though :)
  17. JennG Says:
  18. Went to log my wod and realized I have no idea what my time was. Didn't even look. I scaled to option C because my DU suck so much. Knew if I tried to do more than that, my frustration level would take over and the entire point would be missed.

    Thanks, Jimmy, for helping me to conquer that tire. Lovin' the flips..probably the closest thing to knocking someone over. ;)
  19. JennG Says:
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

Thanks For Visiting!