RSS

Wednesday 110608

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
AMRAP in 20 minutes of:
5 Thrusters, 132#/92#
20 Double Unders
10 Bar Facing Burpees
100 meter run (to the curb and back)

Post completed rounds + reps to comments/Logwod.

Addi's thruster ladder was a lot of fun to watch. Apparently, these two women in front here didn't care.
______________________________________

The gym is hosting a Level I Certification in August if anyone is interested. The link is posted all the way to the right underneath the Twitter feed. Please email me if you have any questions.
______________________________________

If any of you are interested, I am placing an order for Progenex Recovery at the end of this week. The cost to you is 10% off retail. There is a sign-up on the board.

edit post

17 Responses to "Wednesday 110608"

  1. Donohoe Says:
  2. i did 6 rounds at rx this one is tough great job morning monsters.
    Donohoe is out....
  3. Mark Says:
  4. 6 rounds (I think) plus 2 thrusters rx'd. Bar facing burpees = my new worst enemy. I am also blaming this on giving blood on Friday.

    Nice job morning monsters, this one was BRUTAL!
  5. Paula Says:
  6. 5 Rds + 25 reps with 77# thrusters. Mark, I have to agree with you...I'm really beginning to hate bar facing burpees. The run was actually the best part of the wod! I bet you never thought you would hear me say that! It was definitely a BRUTAL one!

    Courtney, it is good to have you back at CFO my friend! And even better that you joined us 5am'ers along with Shelley and Tessa! It was great working out with you guys again! 5am is becoming to be a pretty big class! LOVE IT!!! It is definitely A LOT cooler in the morning! Hats off to all you afternoon/evening classes!

    Great job this morning 5am!!!!
  7. Shelley Says:
  8. Addi was definitely fun to watch on this workout! For those of you who don't know it, she thruster'd (I'm sure that's not grammatically correct) 160 lbs in this WOD and made it look easy!!!

    I joined the 5 a.m. crew this morning which I rarely do and actually had to be cleared from the wait list last night to get in! This is a far cry from the rare times I've gone at 5 a.m. only to be with one or two other people.

    7 RDS plus 2 burpees Rx'd. The thrusters felt great and never seemed to get heavy. I used my new rope also and messed up a total of 4 times in the 8 rounds of DU's. Missing hurts with the new rope:( I think I've got marks on my legs......

    Bar facing burpees were the worst part of this WOD as they just seem so slow. I jogged the 100 meter run mostly to catch my breath before next round and tried not to rest much.

    There are a lot of cool people at 5 a.m.!!!

    Great work everyone!!

    On another side note, Amanda has really come into her own as a coach. I notice she is much more assertive and confident, and I think she's doing a great job!!
  9. BC Says:
  10. 6 rounds plus 2 burpees @ 88#. Rough wod, but a fun one.
  11. Jess Says:
  12. 5 rounds plus 6 burpees with 53#.

    Great job 6am!

    JChrist
  13. Erica Says:
  14. Soo I'm pretty sure I did 6 rounds plus 20 double unders in this one...I have counting problems! Went with 63#....which was probably too light, but when I was warming up it felt heavy so I stayed there. Fun times working out a 6am again!!
    Erica
  15. Erica Says:
  16. P.s. What's up with Logwod??
  17. Kat Says:
  18. Hey ya'll! Wish I cudve been there for this wod! I just wanted to post that here in texas I got a 6lb pr on press! Got 115#! I almost did a cartwheel after but I had to hold face in the new gym! I don't think they r ready for the crazy kat I am! Miss u all so much! Keep up all the great work guys!
  19. Hilg Says:
  20. I was BEAT before I started this one.....not sure what's up other than humidity.

    5 Rounds plus 5 BFBs (I'm with ya'll...those suck).

    Good to be back to regular gym time!
  21. Addi Says:
  22. Damn, Kat! Congrats on the PR!

    6 rounds plus 9 burpees. I was on track to hit 8, and I don't know what happened - I didn't think I slowed down that much, but apparently I did. Or else Joe sped up the clock somehow the last 5 minutes. :) My little rests stayed the same - must have slowed down A LOT on burpees. A little disappointed with the total rounds, but happy with the way I paced it and kept moving. Kept remembering a shirt I saw at regionals - "Don't wish it were easier. Wish you were better."
  23. Tovar Says:
  24. Addi, I'm pretty sure that's a Jim Rohn or Tony Robbins quote. Don't worry I'm a big fan too. Ha! Gotta love those motivational speakers. :)
  25. Addi Says:
  26. Well, whoever made the t-shirt didn't attribute it. :) Either way, it got me through some burpees today.

    Games Group kids - I think I'm going to swim tomorrow morning, if you'd like to join me. I won't be able to come in Saturday, so I might swim Sunday 3-4, as well. Need to shake off those thrusters!
  27. Paula Says:
  28. BTW- The logwod states that we did 30 DU's instead of 20, so the total reps should be 36 and not 46.

    Addi, love the quote! I'll have to remember that one!
  29. Shelley Says:
  30. I put in my reps at 36 per round in logwod and just made a note of rounds in comments if I need to refer back to it.
  31. Stacie Says:
  32. 8 rds + 5 thrusters, 20 DU, 10 burpees & 50 meters rxd
  33. Hira Says:
  34. 7rds with #53(felt pretty light, should have gone heavier). I was excited that I could string 2-3 DU in a row. And hit my head on the bar a few times with BFB.

Thanks For Visiting!