RSS

Friday 110617

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
For max weight:  (sets across)
21 Back Squats
Rest 2.5 minutes
15 Back Squats
Rest 1.5 minutes
9 Back Squats

This is a good test of productive strength. What is the max amount of weight you can use and keep all reps unbroken? Here are some standards:
Standard #1 - 132#/88#
Standard #2 - 165#/115#
Standard #3 - 198#/137#
Standard #4 - 225#/154#
Standard #5 - 242#/176#

Use the weights above as guidelines. It might be 184# or 120# for you this time but ultimately, you want to reach and pass each standard. You will see this workout again. If you're successful this time (all reps unbroken), move up 5 pounds next time.

Post weight used to comments/Logwod.

Is this what your intake looks like?

Damn Dirty Grains: This Time It's Personal by Robb Wolf

An article on the chemical make-up of grains. Informational read.

Thoughts?
_____________________________________

Attention: MindBody Online was actually hacked into by people not wanting to steal information but rather flood the system to cause delays and busy servers. They have alleviated the problem but it still seems to be affecting the website. Until this gets rectified, we'll just have to let you guys go old school. We'll see you tomorrow, free of signing in or cancelling.

edit post

12 Responses to "Friday 110617"

  1. Shelley Says:
  2. I did this with 165# Rx'd before seeing the guidelines above. I did it at the Y in Norfolk, and as big as it is, they have 2 squat racks.......
  3. Michael Rock Says:
  4. My workouts have gotten a lot better since I cut grains out of my diet. I need to eat less fruit and more veggies. But I can tell the difference in how I feel since I got rid of grains.
  5. paul Says:
  6. That was BRUTAL!

    used 225, but stalled out on the 13th rep of the 15 set. So 21-12-9 for me. ouch. i can still barely walk.
  7. paul Says:
  8. Also, we definitely needed Greg Mo for this one--he's awesome at this kind of thing. I saw the SOB do 208# for 30 one time.
  9. Hilg Says:
  10. Awesome! Saw some bruts in action this morning. Felt great right after......trouble with the stairs now.....can't wait til tomorrow and Sunday....ugh!

    208#

    Here's to a grain free weekend!
  11. Jess Says:
  12. I used 53# which felt really good and light. Should have went heavier. Oh well, next time.

    Great job 6am.

    JChrist
  13. Anonymous Says:
  14. 186, completed all sets... just a shade under my body weight. Think I could of gotten my bw. Oh well, still felt good, now I know for next time. Thanks for the help Jon!
  15. Stacie Says:
  16. Standard #5: 176 - 21, 15, 9
  17. Kat Says:
  18. Standard #4: 154# 21-15-9

    It was nice seein everyone! Love cfo!
  19. BC Says:
  20. Dammit Stacie Tovar!!! Quit being so awesome! (sigh) 176# 21-15-9 blah blah blah.
  21. jessica Says:
  22. Used 115#- 21-15-9

    This was a good brutal workout!
  23. Addi Says:
  24. Started 154# - felt pretty good until #6, when my knee did something a little scary and I decided to cut my losses and take a rain check. I'll try to get this in soon.

Thanks For Visiting!