RSS

Friday 110610

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
On the Minute
Perform 2 Power Cleans on the minute for 15 minutes.

In order for this to be a successful workout, you must use a fairly significant weight or use this time to really learn the movement. If you know what your 1-rep max is for the power clean, a percentage of 80-85% should suffice.

The weight should also be sets across. You will be given a time period to warm up to that weight and then encouraged to use that weight for all 15 rounds.

Post weight used to comments/Logwod.


Coach B explains the Power Clean

edit post

14 Responses to "Friday 110610"

  1. BC Says:
  2. I loves me some power cleans, to bad I have to miss tomorrow. I'll make it up on Saturday.

    If you haven't noticed yet the blog now has a mobile version available for your phone, and it's pretty sweet. You can't sign in to classes or logwod but it's much easier to look at workouts and post and read comments. Check it out.
  3. Gina Says:
  4. I just saw the mobile version and I really like it. Loads much faster on my phone!
  5. Optimum Fitness Says:
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.
  7. Addi Says:
  8. Favorite workout. Ever. I would come to every class time tomorrow if I could. I like this workout more than Paul likes chicken.
  9. Shelley Says:
  10. 136# for all rounds. 163# is my 1 RM so I was between 83-84%. It felt relatively easy, but I still need to work on getting full extension every time.

    5 a.m. was a big group again today.

    Good work everyone!!
  11. paul Says:
  12. The real question, Addi, is whether you love it more than I love eggs.

    This workout WAS awesome. Wasn't sure I could do 198 all the way through, but I did. Now I wish I'd tried 203. 208 was a struggle the last time I tried it, but 198 felt great today. Challenging by the end, but never any real chance I'd miss a rep.
  13. BigD Says:
  14. Went 181# all sets today. Right at like, 83% of my 1RM. Could have muscled more but really need to work my technique. These felt better as I concentrated more on landing correctly and not throwing my back out. Some good weight being thrown up at 5AM!
  15. Erica Says:
  16. Did 104# and then went up to 109# after about 3 rounds...6 am class was so big we ran out of baby weights!! Was a fun workout, need to work on keeping my butt back and shoulders forward so I don't kill my collar bone so bad! Felt like a pretty good weight for me. And I'm pretty sure that 109# is my 1RM squat clean, so that's pretty good :)
  17. Hilg Says:
  18. Really concentrated on technique and felt like I picked the right weight to get that done. Amazing how much more energy it takes when posture is off or I bend my arms. Loved this workout.

    174# Straight Through
  19. Hira Says:
  20. 87 for 7 rounds, and 92 for 8 rounds. Not super happy with this one, I was hoping to do 97 all the way through but still gotta work on the technique. I love love 6am class, lots of energy, and it's always packed! And of course Jon's motivational speech this morning almost brought tears to my eyes.
  21. Paula Says:
  22. I LOVED this wod!!! I started with 99 then went up to 104 on round 5, then Jon recommended going up some more since they were "looking good". I did 109# for the last 2 rds...should have started with that. I guess Jon knows me better than myself. Thanks Jon! I probably could have gone up another 5. Next time!

    Nice work this morning 5am'ers!!
  23. Addi Says:
  24. The real question, Paul, is whether I like this workout more than I like bacon. And I think I might. Don't tell bacon.

    148# for 1-5 (85%)
    153# 6-8
    158# 9-15

    These just felt on today. Whenever we do these 2 reps on the minute workouts, I never want to stop at 15 minutes. Could have done this all day. Love it.
  25. Kayla Says:
  26. PR'd my power cleans today.

    1-10 99#
    11-15 104# (PR)

    Have to say I didn't even realize I PR'd until I was home. I really wanted to focus on my form and not allow my hips to go forward when I caught the bar. Probably could have done more weight but I feel very satisfied with the progress on my form.
  27. Laura Says:
  28. 104# for all 15 rounds.

Thanks For Visiting!