RSS

Friday 110603

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
21-15-9 reps for time of:
225/153 pound Dead-lifts
Box Jumps, 30/25 inch box

For dead-lifts, you must show all 10 fingers (fully open the hands) prior to every rep. Pogo style jumps off the box are not allowed for box jumps. You must stand up on the box.

Post time to comments/Logwod.

A little post event celebration.

There are a number of CFO members that are making the trek out to Carson, California in support of the team. If you are interested, please shoot me an email so that I can add you to the contact list. I plan to send out info concerning when people are flying out, where the team will be staying, and the schedule of events for the Games.

I believe there are about 8 to 10 people planning on going in addition to the 7 competitors and their spouses. If you think you may want to join in on the fun, let me know soon.

edit post

11 Responses to "Friday 110603"

  1. BC Says:
  2. 7:35 w/ 198# DL & 30" jumps. This was a doozy. I can't even imagine doing this at the Regionals with 315#, F that noise.
  3. Hilg Says:
  4. 7:07 Rx'd. First couple jumps took me by surprise.....BIG difference following DL. Did the first 21 DL unbroken...then I was broken. ;-)

    HUGE 6am Monster Crew!
  5. Mark Says:
  6. 8:27 Rx'd. I have been trying to work on deadlift form which slowed those down quite a bit. Apparently I was still not keep a flat back because every time Jon and Amanda walked by I got a "Lift your chest, flatten out your back" Ugh!!

    Any advice on how to correct this? 225# is heavy but I have done 21-15-9 with this weight and did not have to break up the reps in past workouts. But with a less than flat back.

    I used to lift much more with deadlifts until I decided to try to go back and fix this. My all time 1RM is 430# but lifting 3X5 at 330# seems much harder than it should and I actually feel like I am tweaking my lower left side of my back more now than before.

    Ricky, maybe you could write a blog on how to correct bad deadlift form and maybe throw in some type of training plan to get you there.
  7. Donohoe Says:
  8. Dear CFO,
    I blew donkey this morning I dont know if it was the hand release or what but I sucked it up...I DNF got through with last 9 deadlifts. Usually deadlifting for reps is a strenght. Today felt like there was a lot more weight on the bar than 225. I did do 30" box jumps that weren't bad. On a positive note I think my form was good on the deadlifts.
    Anyhow everyone did a great job this morning. E keep up the work on improving your form it will come. Thanks for the encouragement
    Donohoe....
  9. Mark Says:
  10. P.S. In case you guys were wondering, Ricky is standing on his tippy toes in the pic so he would be taller than Tovar.
  11. Jess Says:
  12. 6:10 using 99# for DLs and 22" jumps. I just tried to keep a nice steady pace the whole time and not break anything up. It seemed to work well for me.

    Great job 6am.

    JChrist
  13. Unknown Says:
  14. Yeah 315 was a blast at regionals.. Ha.. Yeah Um How about no! On a positive note at least I know what to improve on next season bc I need to make a games run next year before all of this passes me by...
  15. BigD Says:
  16. 8:50 RX'd. Tried to keep up with Paul but just didn't have the gas. Deads felt good but the jumps killed me.
    Nice big noon class.
  17. paul Says:
  18. 8:13 rx'ed. I think hand-release makes a big difference--my back started to get tired much faster than usual on this one. 30" box jumps didn't help.

    Nice work, noon folks!
  19. Paula Says:
  20. 6:25- 121# DL with 20" box. BJ sucked more than usual after DL. I have a big ole nasty scrap and a hematoma on my chin from a big ole biff off the box! I don't know how the hell you ladies did this at Regionals with 205# DL and 24" box! Unbelievable! I I "kinda" like doing these regional wods. It puts a whole new perspective on what they went through only 10 fold!

    Nice job 5am....all 4 of us! What happened to the rest of you this am?

    Stacie, I loved your interview on Crossfit Radio! You are truly a crossfit celebrity. With all your dedication and hard work it is definitely well deserved! CONGRATS!!!
  21. Kelli Says:
  22. 10:10 Rx'd. Been a while since I could go Rx'd so this felt pretty good. I like the standing up on the box jumps...since I suck at them it helped to keep my heart rate down and allowed me to go faster than normal. May do this all the time until I get better :-)

Thanks For Visiting!