RSS

Tuesday 110517

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
4 rounds for time of:
400 meter run
9 Overhead Squats, 137#/99#

Post time to comments/Logwod.

Karen Wattier

edit post

20 Responses to "Tuesday 110517"

  1. Shelley Says:
  2. 11:03 Rx'd.

    All rounds were unbroken. OHS felt pretty good; I had to reset myself in 3rd round once as I felt a little off balance and didn't want to drop the bar.

    Way to work hard 6 a.m.!!
  3. BigD Says:
  4. 14:49 w/110#. Felt good to stretch out these sore legs.
    Way to push it 5AM! Paula, you were a frickin' machine!
  5. Mark Says:
  6. 13:51 Rx'd. The runs made the squats tough and vise versa. First 3 rounds of squats were unbroken but I lost balance on the 9th rep in the last round.

    HUGE class this morning and everyone was pushing the pace pretty hard!
  7. BC Says:
  8. 17:11 @ 110#. I was struggling. Nice work morning monsters.
  9. Jess Says:
  10. 16:53 using 63# for the first round then I had to drop to 53# for the last 3 rounds. I need to work on NOT going too low on my squat. That will be a huge change for me and something I will have to work on.

    Oh and by the way Ricky, I looked up my "Nancy" weight and I did not use 53# more like 33#. Oh well, gotta go heavier and test the waters, right?

    Great job 6am!

    JChrist
  11. VanBeek Performance Says:
  12. Weighted Pull Ups - 1RM
    (Best in Jan was 90.4#)
    - BW + Weight - 284.4
    - Bodyweight - 188.6
    = New Weighted Pull Up Max (95.8#)
    * First Time Ever Hitting More than Half Bodyweight for 1!

    Muscle Ups - Little Test
    * 30 No False Grip Muscle Ups w/ Turn Out For Time... Steady Pace
    - 7:50 - Missed 4-5 Reps
    - I've noticed I have a "re-engaging problem" - I'm about 2-3 inches above the TOP of the rings on the kip but I don't engage my shoulders sometimes at that point while I'm still "floating" and end up in the middle of the rings when I finally do... Try to work on that under a more controlled situation later this week...
  13. paul Says:
  14. 10:50 w/110#.
  15. Eric C Says:
  16. 12:35 rx'd

    Pretty darn heavy. Dropped bar in last 2 sets. Tried not to, I just couldn't hold it up. I think power snatching all 4 rounds did help a little with the time.

    Good job nooners!
  17. Addi Says:
  18. 11:03 rx'd - Wanted to try to beat Shelley's time, because I knew she'd do well, but ended up in a dead tie. I'm ready for a rest day, already!
  19. Kat Says:
  20. 12 min rx'd. I tried to keep with shelleys time too. My last run I came in at 10:45 but I lost my balance on my 5th oh and fell over! Figures! I lost a lot of time with that mess up. All other rnds were unbroken. The oh felt heavy when warming up but during the wod it was pretty managable.
  21. VanBeek Performance Says:
  22. WOD 2

    Heavier One
    1 Squat Clean (185#)
    10 DU's
    2 Squat Cleans (185#)
    20 DU's
    3 Squat Cleans (185#)
    30 DU's
    * Repeat This Cycle As Many Times As Possible in 6 Mins
    - Finished 3 Full Cycles plus did 2/3 of the 4th RD... Wow, That One Was Tough... Missed One Clean By Accident and No DU Misses
  23. Allison H :) Says:
  24. 12:36 w/ 53#

    still working on getting my overhead grip stronger and trying not to squat too low and bounce up from it. ~ thanks Amanda :) for the pointers! felt much better after focusing more on my bum!
  25. Jennifer Says:
  26. 13:24 rx'd. All OHS unbroken, but did a lot of standing around staring at the bar. Also, "runs" were more like a brisk mall-walker pace. Should have gone a little faster but my legs are still sore from the 8,427 (or so) air squats I did on Saturday.

    JenT
  27. Steve Says:
  28. 12:55 Rx'd. Managed not to break up the sets, but still spent too much time waiting to pick it up after the run.
  29. donkeypunch Says:
  30. This comment has been removed by the author.
  31. JonD Says:
  32. 10:13 rx'd i wish i could run like the wind!

    Thanks JakeH for being the rabbit!
  33. Hira Says:
  34. 15:15 53# my crooked arm doesn't allow me to go heavier on OHS, didn't end up scaling the runs, but definitely felt like i was gonna barf on the last run.

    ps. Jon you should write that in your diary.
  35. Stacie Says:
  36. 9:46 rxd
  37. ZachR Says:
  38. 9:51 with 110#

    I was very happy with this as I almost used 88#. The runs actually felt really good today.
  39. Laura Says:
  40. 11:54 w/ 53#

Thanks For Visiting!