RSS

Friday 110506

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
AMRAP in 10 minutes of:
15 Double Unders
7 Hang Power Cleans, 115#/77#
15 Double Unders
7 Burpees

immediately followed by,

1RM Push Press, 3 attempts

Score is total rounds and half rounds completed (not reps) from amrap added to heaviest weight (in pounds) successfully supported overhead. Jerks are not allowed.

Post score to comments/Logwod.

Jed Sanders and John Kinney (left to right).
____________________________________________

Our next Paleo Challenge begins on May 16th and will run for 5 weeks. We will have mandatory meetings on either Wednesday, May 11th at 5:30PM or 6:30PM or on Friday, May 13th at 5:30PM. You only have to attend one meeting.

edit post

11 Responses to "Friday 110506"

  1. BC Says:
  2. 5 1/2 rounds rx'd; 132# push press. The metcon was deceptively hard and the 2 minutes you get for push press goes by incredibly quick, I didn't get anywhere close to my 1rm. Tough wod, but a good one. Nice job morning monsters!
  3. BigD Says:
  4. 4 1/2 rounds RX'd. DU were either feast or famine for me. Either I got all 15 in a row or was tripping up every two. Craziness. 174 on push press. Felt real heavy after the metcon. Ran out of time before I could go for a third attempt. Good stuff, even if I still can't walk right after Wednesday.
  5. Mark Says:
  6. 6 full rounds Rx'd on the metcon and 198# for the push press. BC is right, the push press time went by way to quick and not everyone got a chance at a third attempt.

    I need to do some kind of burpee challenge to get better at burpees cause after the first two rounds they were way too tough. I think I did the DUs, the PCs and the DUs again in the same time it took to do my burpees.
  7. Ricky Frausto Says:
  8. From the comments so far, you have very little time to get in three attempts. Three attempts is not a right, it's a limit. It only says you cannot do more than three attempts. The right is the time limit.

    This means that you only have a certain amount of time (which is based upon how many people are at your rack) to find a 1RM and if you get the opportunity, you may not go over 3 attempts.

    You have to be a good partner and move quick through your attempts and help change weights quickly. It also helps if you know the conversions of kilos to pounds.

    My advice to you is finish the amrap a bit early since only full or half rounds count and be ready to push press as soon as you hear that beep.

    Good luck. This is a fun one.
  9. Paula Says:
  10. 5rds-rx'd. DU's sucked today. I would get 2-5 in a row then 10 once...legs felt "heavy" and tired today. 104# PP. 2min goes really fast. Only got 2 attempts which seems to be the common theme.

    I really enjoyed this one!

    Nice work 5am'ers! And a huge, warm welcome to Mike...Great job this morning!
  11. ZachR Says:
  12. 7 rounds rx'd

    DU's unbroken after the first set of round 1. Cleans and Burpees were also unbroken.

    174 on the Push Press, 2nd attempt. Failed at 198 on 3rd attempt as time ran out.
  13. JonD Says:
  14. 7.5 rounds on met-con

    #220 on push press, felt good!
  15. hannah eileen Says:
  16. 5 rds on the metcon. I kept hitting the wall on my double unders, literally. I was getting frustrated.

    97# on push press. I had no idea what to shoot for; I haven't done push press in a long time.

    great job nooners!
  17. Jess Says:
  18. 4 rounds for the metcon and 77# on push press

    Really tough WOD

    Great job 6am

    JChrist
  19. Amy H Says:
  20. I was able to do the wod rx'd, which i hardly ever get to do so i was excited.
    4.5 rounds on the met con. double unders sucked and i ended up taking off my shoes bc the jump rope kept getting stuck in my laces.

    88lbs for the pushpress. I think my pp could be heaver but i was exhausted after the met con.

    Fun work out, just wish i could have done it at CFO with all of ya'll!!
  21. paul Says:
  22. This was a fun one! 6 1/2 rds and 174 push press (failed at 198).

Thanks For Visiting!