RSS

Friday 100513

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
5 rounds for time of:
10 Kettlebell Swings, 2/1.5 pood
15 Cartwheels
20 Hand-Release Push ups

If you must scale the kettlebell weight, your reps go up. One kettlebell down, 13 reps, two kettlebells down, 16 reps. You may round-off or cartwheel but for the rep to be counted as rx'd, your feet must pass directly over your hands (a true handstand).

Post time to comments/Logwod.


Carl Paoli of GymnasticsWOD demos a cartwheel
_________________________________________

I wanted to let everyone know that we didn't quite get all of our ordered shirts in and they won't be in until Tuesday. We did all we could to try and alleviate this but it just didn't work in our favor. Out of the 150 or so shirts that we ordered, about 35 (24 being Men's Large) of them are no shows for this weekend. I would like to sincerely apologize.

On another note, I would like for you guys that ordered a Large to come in and try one on to make sure it fits. It is a fitted shirt that is very comfortable but may not be what you were expecting. Thanks a ton and sorry again for the delay.

edit post

10 Responses to "Friday 100513"

  1. Unknown Says:
  2. Yesterday's WOD's
    Back Squat - Have a nasty twist to the left I need to get rid of.. Heavy Single - 311#

    Power Clean - 3 Reps On the Min - Speed and Unbroken.. Must increase weight every 2 RDS - 12 Total RDS
    154, 154, 175, 175, 185, 185, 195, 195, 205, 205, 210, 215

    Games Group Variation...
    3 Elevated HSPU (6" Boxes to AbMat)
    12 Deadlifts (185# - Bodyweight)
    * 8 Mins *
    7 RDS + 2 HSPU's
    (DL's were surprisingly tough)

    Messed with pacing my rowing under fatigue... 30 secs at either 2:00, 1:50 or 1:45 Paces - 4 Mins
  3. paul Says:
  4. this was sort of my nightmare, but in the end it wasn't so bad. my cartwheels definitely didn't count as rx'ed, but i went into this expecting to fall on my ass. so I consider any kind of decent attempt a minor victory. 18:50.
  5. paul Says:
  6. also, do we really believe that it's a coincidence that the blog was down on the day cartwheels got programmed?

    if i'd known i'd have to face them, i'd have been sorely tempted to skip. but i'm glad i didn't, because it's good to face your demons, and this went way better than i was expecting.
  7. Paula Says:
  8. 15:06- scaled to 1 pood swings, tried the 1.5 but my shoulders started to really feel it after the 5th rep, so knowing there were 50 reps I decided to scale to 1pd.
    I did pushups rx'd except for a the last rep or two on a few rounds I came up on my knees. Broke down most rounds 10,5,5. As for the cartwheels....they were attempts. I got my legs up in the air, but not even close to over the hands. Jon W. kicked ass on the cartwheels....great job!

    Awesome job 5am! Cartwheels and all.

    Despite the cartwheels it was a fun wod!!!

    Everyone have fun tomorrow! I sure it will be a good time! Sad I will miss it!
  9. Shelley Says:
  10. yesterday's Games group WOD:
    AMRAP in 10 min:

    3 HSPU's (strict)
    15 DL's 99#

    6 rounds plus 1 HSPU; HSPU's felt solid; did first round unbroken, all the rest 2/1. I had 20 seconds left at beginning of 7th round and did fail on my second HSPU in the set of 2 and then missed again as time ran out.

    Morning Games WOD today:

    8x1 of high pull clean at 105% of 1 RM clean
    Did 175#, got better at hitting right part of thigh but need to continue to work this part of it

    Metcon:
    AMRAP in 20 min:

    400 meter run
    3 rope climbs (even number rounds)
    7 muscle ups (odd numbered rounds)(subbed dips for muscle ups)

    started 6th run at 1:22 left so only did part of run

    Dips started out 3/3/1 then went to 3/2/2 and last round was 2/1/1/1/1/1; I missed last dip so rested a bit longer and was able to get it

    I didn't miss any rope climbs though I rested in between each one; these felt better than "normal" where my upper body didn't feel quite as tired

    CFO WOD:

    16:41 Rx'd; my enthusiasm for cartwheels dropped a bit when I found out we had to alternate both sides (good with right side, not so on left side); It was fun though. Pushups got tough in rounds 4-5.
  11. Unknown Says:
  12. Couldn't Make it down the CFO like I wanted for rope climbs so I warmed up quick and put together some Tabata Work as a little speed/consistency check...

    1. Butterfly Pull Ups - Was aiming for 14 EA RDs
    14X8 (Last few rounds I went 7/7) but didn't miss any... Best before was just 11

    2. Push Ups (No Hand Release) - Should have tried 10 but went with 12... Got bad
    12,12,10,10,8,7,7,7... Ouch

    3. Sit Ups - Prior Best - 12
    13X4, 12X4... Still 4 More Reps Than Last Time

    4. Air Squats - 20 was best
    20X4 then lost it 19, 19, 18, 18

    Total Score:
    14 + 7 + 12 + 18 = 51

    Might Try to get a second workout in tonight but I'm considering the weekend off before I go through one last hard push from Monday to Saturday... 14 days!
  13. Mark Says:
  14. 16:09 Rx'd. Dizzy, dizzy, dizzy... plus those cartwheels take a lot out of your strength for the push ups.
  15. Celeste Says:
  16. 18:54 - used a 1 pood, did all push ups from my knees and they still sucked. The cartwheels from the right were good, from the left were terrible! Plus I think I pulled my hamstring - it felt terrible during the cartwheels and has been getting worse all day...
  17. Nate Says:
  18. 10:12 rx. Fun.
  19. ZachR Says:
  20. 12:54 rxd

    Pushups were solid but slow.

    Looking forward to tomorrows friendly competition. Hopefully the weather cooperates.

Thanks For Visiting!