RSS

Tuesday 110419

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
Three rounds for time of:
30 Kettlebell Swings, 1.5/1 pood
25 DB Push Presses, 35#/20#
20 Jumping Pull ups, bar at mid-forearm

Post time to comments/Logwod.

In the first photo, we have an incomplete and inefficient db push press rep.

A fully completed db push press requires that the dumbbells' center of mass be supported directly over one's base of support, in this case, over the middle of the foot such as demonstrated in the second photo.

Also notice, in the second photo, no excessive curve in the lumbar spine to allow for a faulty support of the load over the middle of the foot which may lead to injury of the back and/or shoulders.

edit post

19 Responses to "Tuesday 110419"

  1. Unknown Says:
  2. Weakness work.. Off day
    Transition work on the rings..

    HSPUs 10 sets of 5 on the minute.. 5 more total reps than last week

    GH Sit Ups 2X15
    Cable Row 2X10

    Mile Jog/Run... Was looking for 45 second 200s the whole way X 8 laps
    .. Timed out perfect.. 6 mins exactly with a lot left in the tank
  3. Paula Says:
  4. 12:06-Rx'd- Holy forearms! They're still feeling pretty tight! KB swings went unbroken first round, 2nd was 15,15 then by 10's on 3rd. Broke up PP by 5's or 10's.

    Besides the forearm tightness...I loved this wod! I enjoy KB's and presses....anything with no running, pullups, box jumps, and DU's is good! HA!
    ... AND I went prescribed...not very often I get to do that... AND I finished first. I don't think that has ever happened!

    Great job 5am!!!
  5. svioli Says:
  6. Way to smoke the guys this am Paula! I agree this was a great workout this morning, but I fear I won't be able to use my hands later! Love the 5 AM group!
  7. paul Says:
  8. 10:04 rx'ed. Great work, 6am! I am always happy when muscle fatigue is as much of a factor as breath. I was expecting this to kick my ass, and it did hurt, but it went better than I expected.

    Sure hope 11.5 doesn't involve swings or presses!
  9. Mark Says:
  10. It was surprising to have muscle fatigue be so much of a factor today. I wasn't ever gassed to the extent that I needed to stop, but the shoulder fatigue forced me to break up reps more that I would have liked. I originally had unbroken for the whole WOD as my goal. After the first round unbroken I realized that wasn't going to happen. I finished in 10:54. Great work this morning! And I'm with Paul, please let 11.5 not be a shoulder burner.
  11. Natalie Says:
  12. This is as close to going Rx'd as I've ever come. I used 15# DB and a trainer for the KB...I also DNF. I'm trying really hard not to be pissed about that. Great job 6am..way to brave the rain!
  13. paul Says:
  14. Nice work, Natalie!
  15. Unknown Says:
  16. Ricky, I think that Jimbo should have his shirt off next time when in a demonstration photo. It's hard to tell if his lumbar is in good position.

    Okay, you got me...I just want Jimbo topless.
  17. Celeste Says:
  18. Way to go Paula!!! Wish I could have joined the morning monsters for this workout... will be there tomorrow, though!
  19. Eric C Says:
  20. Geez Nick, you would probably like it if he dressed up like Little Bo Peep!

    Sick-o

    Is anyone else having trouble getting their 2nd or 3rd attempts updated on the games website? My 11.4 has been stuck at my first score for almost a week now.
  21. Eric C Says:
  22. Love you Nick!!! : )
  23. Unknown Says:
  24. I've tried emailing them for the last few days... My first score is still posted for WOD 4... Puts me about 20 points too high in the region which is slightly annoying...
  25. O'Kief Says:
  26. Traveling so I will not be able to make the 11.5 kick-off party tonight. Bummed. I HIGHLY recommend that CFO members attend and participate. Lots of fun and the atmosphere will push you to perform. Good luck to everyone on 11.5.

    Jimmy, I would stay away from Nick.
  27. lynn Says:
  28. 12:24 first two rounds rx'd third round i went down in weight. Good work out tough afternoon working at a PC all day. Arms are tired.
  29. Shane Says:
  30. 11:32 ... Dropped to 30s in round 2...
  31. JimmyG Says:
  32. Nick, I only take my clothes off for money!
  33. Allison H :) Says:
  34. 10:40
    ... was able to go rx'd for a rare treat. Totally shocked myself on this one getting done in this time - I had thought going rx'd I may DNF!!! So I am super happy with this. Forearms were a killer! I went unbroken through everything first round, and then broke up here and there last rounds but wouldn't let myself rest for too long - just to shake my arms out and pick right back up and go. :) great work everyone!
  35. Laura Says:
  36. 9:38 rx'd
    I loved this one! Holy forearms is right Paula! :o)
  37. Unknown Says:
  38. HA HA!

Thanks For Visiting!