RSS

Monday 110418

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
Hang Squat Clean 2-2-2-2-2 reps

Warm-up with 3, 2, 1 reps. For the lift to be successful, the bar must not touch the ground until both reps are completed. This is a full catch.

Post weights to comments/Logwod.

Whole chicken legs cooked in coconut oil and seasoned with paprika, garlic powder, sea salt, and pepper. In the bowl, organic orange beets and their greens cooked with bacon and red onions.
________________________________________________

We are definitely hosting the CrossFit Open workouts on Tuesday night again at 8PM. We have done it for two weeks now and because of it, we have seen some very inspiring performances. If you have the means, please come get your workout on or at the very least, come cheer your butt off. Bring a friend too. We love visitors.

edit post

12 Responses to "Monday 110418"

  1. Addi Says:
  2. Tuesday nights = favorite. I promise it's more fun than whatever else you'd be doing.
  3. BC Says:
  4. 174# for my final set. I may have had another 10# or so in me but I'm fairly pleased with that effort. Nice job 6am!
  5. Paula Says:
  6. 107x2- I really need to work on my front squat strength...otherwise felt good!

    Sue, I hope your wrist is OK. Great recovery on the last set!

    Great job 5am! Good times!

    Props to the programming and coaching here at CFO. We placed 1st in the world on the 11.3-clean and jerk wod! It goes to show you why Ricky, Joe, Amanda, Jon, and Jimbo stress on technique...it pays off as well as the strength programming! W
  7. Eric C Says:
  8. Paula, your enthusiasm is inspiring!


    208# today. Great working with you Hilg and Donohoe.
  9. Hilg Says:
  10. Mixed Feelings: 189# on third set then failed epically and in varied manner on 198 the next two sets. Feel like I'm learning technique over again.

    Thanks for the awesome support Eric and Donohoe. Saw some awesome performances at 6am!

    B
  11. Gdawg Says:
  12. 136# 1 rep.

    7ish minutes for games wod: scaled 12-9-6 reps.

    good job nooners!! can't wait for tomorrow night and the 14th and i heard that Brilz will be having a fight at the end of the month...lot of CFO events to participate in!!! :-)

    also, i rented a GIANT garden plot at the Boys Town Farm. Be on the lookout for lots of peppers and tomatoes if all goes well!!! wish me luck and pass on ANY advice you have!!!

    megan
  13. Ricky Frausto Says:
  14. Hey guys,

    Be sure to check out our Facebook page as I've posted 2 proofs for everyone to look at. Vote on your favorite but no matter what, place your name on the order sheet in the gym. We need to have the pre-order in by Monday, April 25th.

    No worries if you don't get your order placed before then as there will be some available the day of the event on May 14th. No guarantees on sizes and the price will jump up a little (hopefully only $2).

    Also, get your teams registered as well. We hope to have some cool prizes for at least the winners if not 2nd and 3rd place as well.

    Anyone is welcome to participate in the competition, even non-crossfitters. The workouts are scaleable and will be fun.

    If you'd rather not compete please still show up as there will be some other things going plus beer will be available, all you can drink, for $5 a person. You are also encouraged to bring your whole family and all your friends (if they'll come).

    Remember, May 14th, starting at 10AM and lasting into the afternoon. It will be worth it, I promise, so come.

    Please check your inbox as we've sent out an email and do forward it to anyone you'd think would be interested in attending or competing.

    Thanks guys.
  15. ZachR Says:
  16. I worked up to 164# on my 5th set of 2. First time squatting more than 110# since knee surgery so today was definitely a success. Everyone was killing it today at 5:30.
  17. BigD Says:
  18. 198 on my fourth set. 208 and me just couldn't come to an agreement. I will get that next time...
    Nice small, but intense 6:30 class.
    Looking forward to getting to go to the Tuesday 8pm Games workout tomorrow!
  19. Kat Says:
  20. 146# for last set of two. I bet I cud have gotten at least 10# more but we were already past the one hr mark.
    9 min on the games wod. I reset every rep on the power cleans. But kept the same pace all three rnds. Didn't break up ball slams and box jumps were slow but steady. Thanks for stayin andworkin out wit me megan, jake and pete!
  21. hannah eileen Says:
  22. BAH! 121# for my last set of two. That ties my 1RM front squat (and is 5# off my 1RM squat clean), so I'm thrilled. I may have been able to go heavier, but I did an extra set to get to 121 so I called it a day.

    Thanks for lifting with me, Karen! You should have just faced the wall for your last set. Great job, 5:30.
  23. J Andresen Says:
  24. 208 went well on 4th set, got 218 once then dropped it on last attempt.

Thanks For Visiting!