RSS

Saturday 110416

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
Open Gym All Classes

Come and make up a workout, take another crack at 11.4, or just to hang out with some friends.

Here are the new squat racks we are getting (minus the bench) for the gym. I placed the order yesterday and they get shipped on Monday.
_____________________________________________

If you haven't heard already, we would like everyone to save the date, May 14th. We have a very special event taking place that Saturday starting at 10AM that we'd love for you and your whole family to attend. Be on the lookout for an email explaining everything.

Until then, please visit our Facebook page for the rough details. It will surely be an event you will not want to miss.

CrossFit Omaha's Facebook Fan Page

edit post

13 Responses to "Saturday 110416"

  1. kahrs Says:
  2. Can you give us more information about this event as it interferes with a previous bike ride fundraiser that some of the gym members are sponsoring. Would like to know if I can participate in both of them.
  3. Ricky Frausto Says:
  4. Josh and all whom it concerns,

    Check our Facebook page for the details of this event. Its all listed there.
  5. Tovar Says:
  6. Ricky, I know I dont need to remind you of all people, that Cinco De Mayo is on May 5th not the 14th. Is it a tequila and turkish get up wod? Or maybe tequila and toes to bar?
  7. Tovar Says:
  8. Wait! I got it! Tequila and tire flip relays. That must be it. :-)
  9. Kat Says:
  10. Hey everyone,
    I left my black pleather jacket from forever 21 at the gym with a gorgeous black and gray scarf with silver lining from kenneth cole. I'm super bummed I lost em, I looked all over but didn't see em there the other day when I came in. If u have seen my beloved above mentioned clothing items, or know who is holding onto em for me, could u let me know or give em to one of the trainrers? Thanks! I appreciate it!
    Have a great Saturday!
    Sincerely,
    Kat
  11. paul Says:
  12. 10-9-8-7 rep rounds of
    225# DL
    ring dips (muscle-up to rings)

    was going to finish out down to 1 rep sets, but didn't have it in me today.

    i'm very impressed by everyone who did 11.4 a second time. i'm not ready to face that again.
  13. JennG Says:
  14. 11.4 makes me think of the old Mario Bros game where, when you die, rather than go back to the beginning of THAT level, you have to go back to the beginning of the game..only to die at the EXACT SAME SPOT! Grr.

    62 Rx'd.

    Great job, Jimmy! & thanks for counting for me!
  15. Steve Says:
  16. Games WOD, second attempt 90 rx'd... still no muscle ups. Thanks to Josh and Jimmy for the motivation.
  17. Shelley Says:
  18. Sorry Addi!

    I told you it was 8x2 of snatch when it should have been 4x2. I know I needed the extra work so it was probably ok. Thanks for the tips/feedback on snatch. These felt better/smoother than what they normally feel like. I did first 5 sets at 87# and last 3 at 92#.

    At least I didn't have us doubling the amount of running.........that sucked!
  19. ZachR Says:
  20. Jeff Shannon and I did a nice little WOD this morning.

    5 rounds
    3 DL, 275#
    6 Strict Pull ups (or 3 Muscle Ups)
    9 Ball Slams, 45#

    Didn't time it but probably took around 15 minutes.
  21. CrossFit Hydro Says:
  22. All my workouts on the day immediately following the qualifying WOD have been going ridiculously well..

    Hang Snatch - 6X1 - Started around 80-85% of my Hang Max (195#)
    155, 175, 185, 190 (Miss), 190, 180

    Deadlift (5/3/1) - 75, 85, 95%
    251X5, 286X3, 315X9 - Moves my rep max up to 407... Considering I was struggling with 308 for sets of 3 a month ago I'll take this for sure...

    Haven't spent any time on the rower lately so...
    250m Row Sprints (Goal to keep a consistent fast pace)(5 sets)
    ** 2 Min Clock **
    47.2, 47.0, 47.0, 46.6, 45.6
    - All felt way fast and easy which was surprising... Held a 1:32-33 pace outside of the first 3-4 pulls every time...

    Only want to try the last two qualifiers once and change focus to regionals since I really doubt I'll drop 35 spots in two weeks... Keep the strength work up and start hitting weaknesses harder...
  23. Eric C Says:
  24. Justin, I don't know how you did so well following 11.4. My legs are still a little tweaky from 11.4 part deux. But glad I redid it!

    94 reps. Got to ms ups at w 1:20 left. Only had 84 reps on the first attempt. (I knew I dogged it a little).
  25. Laura Says:
  26. Made up Friday's WOD. Used 20" box jumps everything else rx'd. Finished in 13:08.

Thanks For Visiting!