RSS

Wednesday 110316

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
2011 CrossFit Games Open Workout #1
As many rounds/reps as possible in 10 minutes of:
30 Double Unders
15 Power Snatches, 75#/55#

Post total rounds/reps to comments/Logwod.

GregMo at last year's regional competition. Good luck this year Greg, we'll be pulling for you.
__________________________________________

Those of you wishing to sign up for the Open competition will have until Saturday morning to do so as this will be the last time anyone will be validating workouts. If you wish to do the open workouts on Saturday, make sure you sign up for the appropriate class times and not regular class times as one coincides with the other at 10:10AM.


Half the gym (those signed up for 10:10AM Saturday WOD  Group Class) will be doing the CrossFit Total while the other half (those signed up for the 10:10AM CrossFit Games Open Workout) will be completing the first CG open workout. If you do not see the the second option, make sure the drop-down menu in the upper right hand corner (underneath the Online Store tab) is set to All Instructors.

edit post

18 Responses to "Wednesday 110316"

  1. Unknown Says:
  2. 5 rounds RX @ Crossfit Lincoln
  3. Greg MO Says:
  4. Thanks guys! You know I will be looking out & rooting for you all too!! Hopefully we can all unite again at the regional this year!

    Question- Is it still possible for me to claim CFO as my affiliate and how do I do that? And if so, can I still turn in video WODs and/or can I have another affiliate here in Missouri turn in times for me even though I claim CFO? Greg P shot me some info on this but any other help would be greatly appreciated.

    Good luck to everyone competing this year!!

    PS: My heart goes out to all athletes and coaches associated with UNO football and wrestling. Even though I came from a rival school I became a Mav fan from the moment I started school and coaching at UNO. Hopefully something positive can come from all this madness.
  5. Mark Says:
  6. 5 rounds even. I lost some ground at the beginning by missing 5 times on my first round of DUs. I tried to make up for it by powering through the 15 snatches but ended up gassing myself. I also blame "Karen" today cause I think I could have got close to another full round if my legs weren't still killing me from her.
  7. Jess Says:
  8. 3 rounds plus 30 DUs and 6 power snatches

    Thanks for counting for me, Courtney.

    Great job 6 am peeps!

    JChrist
  9. paul Says:
  10. this WOD is kind of a Godsend for me. I tweaked something in my lower back on Saturday and I don't think I was up to doing the CF total. I should be able to handle light power snatches, though.
  11. Ricky Frausto Says:
  12. Hey guys,

    Remember to enter your scores on the games site as soon as you do the workout and we will go in on the back end and approve it.

    Even if you plan on doing the workout again, enter your time because you are allowed to enter a time as many times as you complete the workout (so long as a judge is watching) and the site will accept only the fastest time.

    Thanks.
  13. Eric C Says:
  14. Games WOD1 = 5 rds + 2 snatches. All DU's unbroken.

    This was sneaky hard. I thought I would get 6 or 7 rounds. No chance.

    Karen = Quad death... STILL!
  15. Steve Says:
  16. Nick and I are looking for 2 women for the St Patty WOD... anyone available?
  17. Unknown Says:
  18. Giving the full WOD a go at CFO tomorrow around 3:30 but tried it today but for 2 mins just to see how it is... WOW.. FUN FUN :).. 2 RDS plus a few DU's in 2 mins... Shoulders and lungs are gonna be on fire... Good luck to everyone who hasn't tried it yet... Kick it in the ass!
  19. Pastor Justin Says:
  20. 4 rounds+30 DU's+4 Snatches

    Jenn did an awesome job of counting and pushing me! I don't think that I would have gotten those extra snatches if she wouldn't have.

    Overall I was pretty sore from Monday and Tuesday and I think that I could get 5 rounds if I did it again. Im not sure if I will be able to, but I am thinking about it.

    I am really glad that I signed up for the open. This is fun.
  21. BC Says:
  22. 3 rounds + 30 du's + 10 snatches. Going in I thought if I could get 4 full rounds I would be happy, I can handle being just 5 reps short. Not thrilled, but not completely disappointed either. Nice job 5:30 crew!
  23. ZachR Says:
  24. 6 rounds even.

    First 3 rounds of snatches were 8 and 7, last 3 rounds were 5,5,5
  25. Danielle Ostronic Says:
  26. 4 rounds 30 double unders and 12 snatch (well ground to overhead). Messed up on some of my DU's but its all good. Tried to do 5 at a time on gto. Thanks for counting for me Greg!
  27. Addi Says:
  28. Did 4 minutes to feel it out - 3 rds + 21 double-unders.

    The worst part was the grip - my forearms were JACKED. It was a trade-off - high heart rate with power snatches or trashed grip with muscle snatch. I know I can get 6 and if I have a good double-under day, I think 7 might be within reach.
  29. nmandresen Says:
  30. I got 2 rds + 17 DUs. I did clean & jerk and counted my attempts for DUs. Besides Karen killing my legs Monday, DUs also kicked my ass (and my arms...I've got quite a few welts to prove it). Nice job 5:30!
  31. GregP Says:
  32. 3rds, 30 DU, 13 snatches. Thanks for counting for me Nataie. After looking at the games site, the masters weight is 65#. I am going to do this again tomorrow at that weight.

    Ricky are you going to put these WODs in logwod?
  33. Iron Nerd Says:
  34. Almost 3 rounds (2+30+10 G2U to be exact). Is the games site not working for everyone else? I can't post my results...
  35. Crystal Says:
  36. 3 rounds +30 DU's + 4 G2O.
    Thought my arms were gonna fall off!

    Great job 6:30! thanks, Tony for counting and pushing me.

Thanks For Visiting!