RSS

Thursday 110317

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
Happy St. Patty's Day
WOD
Rest Day

Jimmy took this picture yesterday after Brian had just completed Open workout #1. I had to post it because it's a really cool pic. Brian may not think so but it's a good capture.


Remember, you can still sign up be a part of the competition. If you came in and did the workout yesterday, there's no reason for you not to register. It's just really cool to have a judge and to compete in your own house instead of having to travel somewhere else. Think about it as you have until Saturday to jump on board. We think you should.
_________________________________________

Beer and Burpees this Friday at 6:30pm. We have a few teams signed up but are looking for more. Don't be afraid. It is a community event. Support these events because it's a way of getting together and celebrating. In fact, for this event, if you don't want to drink, don't. Just come and hang out with us. It doesn't matter how new you are. For that matter, it would be nice if some of our veterans would show up to these events as well. Drink, don't drink, whatever, just come.

edit post

19 Responses to "Thursday 110317"

  1. JimmyG Says:
  2. Guys, I told myself that I wasn't going to get pushy about trying to get people to sign up for the games, but the more I think about it, the more I want everyone in the gym to participate. I've competed in the 2009 and 2010 seasons of the CrossFit Games. I knew that I'd never get past the first level of competition, but I had so much fun doing it, that it didn't matter. I want people to sign up so badly that I'm going to reimburse the registration fees for the next 5 people who sign up and join the CFO team. I'll ask Ricky to keep a list of the first 5 members that he adds to the team list starting 17 Mar and you'll get your 10 bucks back. Think of it this way: If you're coming in on a Wed, Thur, or Sat for the next 6 weeks, then you're going to participate in the Games WOD anyway! Might as well log your time/score officially and earn bragging rights to say that you participated in the 2011 games.

    That's it. I'm done preaching. See you all Thursday evening!
  3. Greg MO Says:
  4. Here's my 1st attempt at the 1st sectional WOD. Not very good but it was cool just taping it and seeing how it turned out. 2nd attempt will be on Friday at Lee's Summit Crossfit, hopefully I can actually do some DU's then, geez...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXvzQKnLqa8
  5. Paula Says:
  6. 2rds+11 DU's- Not that good. I was hoping to get at least 1 round since I suck at DU's and I surpassed that, so I'll take it! Legs still a little "heavy" from Karen. At least I could walk normal this morning. Thanks for counting Nick! Great job this morning!
    Joe beat yesterdays score....way to push it. It must have been all the donuts you ate yesterday! Ha!

    Again, everyone who did the Games WOD should sign up on the games site in support of CFO!! No worries about score...hell, look at mine!

    Good job GregMo! CFO misses you!

    HAPPY ST. PATTY'S DAY!
  7. paul Says:
  8. 5 rds, 30 DU, 9 snatches. Tough one! Nice work Greg, Blas, and Laura! Glad I ended up doing this!
  9. Crystal Says:
  10. Well said Jimmy! It's all in good fun so sign up!

    Nice job GregMo. You are missed.
  11. paul Says:
  12. Nice first attempt, Greg Mo!
  13. Unknown Says:
  14. Nice shirt
  15. Ricky Frausto Says:
  16. I forgot to post this on the blog but Joe, myself, Amanda, and Jon have decided to make all Saturday classes open gym for the next 6 weeks while the opens are in session. This will allow a number of things including:

    1. Do whatever workout you want (take advantage of this)

    2. There may be an opportunity for strength to run into the next class time (so long as you respectfully stay out of the way of the next class warming up).

    3. It provides two more class times to get the Open workout for that week completed.

    As stated above, this will only last for the next six weeks and then we'll return to normal programming for the 8 and 9 classes. 10:10 will remain open gym.
  17. Anonymous Says:
  18. Jimmy,
    I will sign up since you presented such a legitimate arguement. Plus I can always put $10 dollars to good use! Ha! Okay, I was going to do it anyway...But thanks for sweetin' the pot Jimbo!! :)
  19. Gdawg Says:
  20. sweet pic BC!!!!

    and good words Jimbo!!!

    I tried signing up yesterday and had some difficulty but i got it worked out now!! SEE YOU ALL TOMORROW FOR BEER/BURPEES!!!
  21. BigD Says:
  22. Nice job Greg Mo. But where was the loud "F#@k!" at the end? Can't wait to give this one a shot...
  23. O'Kief Says:
  24. Happy St. Patrick's Day CFO, especially to all the micks.
  25. Eric C Says:
  26. Jimmy G steppen up and making sh*t happen. Nice work!

    BC, it IS a fantastic picture. It captures a lot of emotion that we can all relate to. The sweat marks by your feet are a nice touch too. : )
  27. JonD Says:
  28. Well Well, not even sure how I am typing right now after that workout! Its tough and it really tests your drive this one does.

    My shoulders and grip were losing it!

    6 rounds plus 24 double unders. Not sure if I will do it again but I may try it Saturday morning again. Right now I am saying hell no but I might want to try for 300 reps, hopefully ;). Well good luck people and sign up its fun to see your name on the team! I just posted and its kinda cool seeing it up there!

    Jon
  29. Tovar Says:
  30. Jimmy G you are the man!!! And apparently quite the picture taker too!
  31. B3nj4m1n Says:
  32. Jim, nice work. I am alrady inspired to try the first workout again minus the number two. You are quite the photographer and or picture taker. : )
  33. Ricky Frausto Says:
  34. Okay guys, barbell I is sold out this go round at the 7:30 spot. This means that if you were inching to get stronger, it'll have to wait until the next one.

    As for 3PM, we do not have anyone signed up for that class so if there are some of you that have taken Barbell I twice and would like to hit up a barbell II class, let me know asap and I'll accommodate.

    I would need at least 3 sign-ups to make it happen, otherwise 3PM will be shut down for a couple months.

    On that subject, I have a couple of people that are interested in a morning barbell I class. This class would run from 10:30am to 12pm. It would be a trial run and I would need at least 5 (up to 8) interested folks to make it happen. Let me know any way possible.

    My real name is Carlos Estevez, como se dice, winning?
  35. Anonymous Says:
  36. I need to get back into the habbit of commenting everyday. My email has been weird and keeps signing me in as Nick.M one time and then Nicholas the next. Never know who's gonna pop up.

    I did the games WOD this morning. got 2 round, 30 DUs, and 14 PS. Yes, that's 1 rep short of a round, wasn't very happy about it this morning.

    As for the games, Jim I don't need your 10 dollars if 5 more haven't signed up yet. I've been meaning to register and just haven't gotten around to it yet.

    Thanks for counting this morning Paula!

    Good work 5AM!
  37. Shelley Says:
  38. 6 rounds plus 14 DU's; I had signed up to do it Saturday a.m., but I'm happy with this outcome, so I'm not going to do it again.

    1st round of snatch unbroken, 2 and 3 were 8/7 and after that I went to sets of 5 with the exception of last round where I broke it up more. These got surprisingly heavy. DU's went pretty well which for me means I messed up but not enough to frustrate me......glad to have the first one out of the way!

Thanks For Visiting!