RSS

Tuesday 110322

Ricky Frausto Filed Under: Labels:
WOD
Push Jerk 5-5-5-5-5 reps

Warm-up with two empty bar sets of 5 reps and one light set of 5 reps before starting your first work set of 5. These are progressive sets where the last set should be your heaviest.

Post weights used to comments/Logwod.

I call this picture "The Impossible Setup." It looks as though Jess J. is trying to set up for a dead-lift with shrunken weights. Impossible, right?

edit post

15 Responses to "Tuesday 110322"

  1. paul Says:
  2. 184. Pretty happy with that, since jerks are not my strong suit. Good working with you, John!
  3. Hilg Says:
  4. 184 on last set. Feeling better today.....10 Days fighting a cold.....too long. A bit weary from the battle but good to be back.

    Any opinions on working out while sick...does it help or hurt?
  5. J Andresen Says:
  6. 186 last set, felt good, go more next time. There was a barbell that kept hitting people in the face at 5am...so be careful :)
  7. Mark Says:
  8. 198# but the last rep or two I had to press out a bit so not a true jerk.

    I took a barbell to the chin this morning too so it must be going around. Noon and afternoon classes should beware!
  9. Paula Says:
  10. 97#- these felt good this morning... probably could have gone heavier.
    Way to push it this morning Sue, or should I say Jerk it!

    Mark, I also got hit in the chin and Sue got it in the head. I think we have a pozest bar at CFO.

    Great job 5am'ers! Celeste, it was good to do a "strength class" with you again....oh, memories! Good memories.
  11. hannah eileen Says:
  12. I think you morning peeps are just haphazardly throwing bars around. I'm pretty sure no one at noon got hit by a bar. :)

    I finished with 77#. They weren't that heavy, but my shoulder just wasn't having it today. Thanks for making me feel better about my lift, Ron... Great job nooners!
  13. BigD Says:
  14. Brian,
    Working out while sick. The way I see it, it gets your mind off of the aches and pains of being sick. I've been fighting a nasty cold myself and coming in Saturday for the Games WOD I think helped move a bunch of the crap out of my chest. Same with doing Strength Class last night. Granted, my coughing got worse for a day or so, but the sore throat and grogginess is gone...
  15. Unknown Says:
  16. Just got the new New Balance Minimus and they are sweettttt!

    Heavy plus heavy metcon with a little grip endurance work twist to it...

    Push Press - 2RM - Dont have one but I've done 229# for 1 a while back...
    154, 185, 198, 214, 226, 231X1
    ... Not bad... New 1RM... Out of position on the second rep with 231..

    3 Power Snatches
    6 Clean Thrusters
    9 Deadlifts
    4 ROUNDS
    * 2-3 Mins rest between rounds with max weight being the goal... also no touching the weight to the floor once you've started... have to regrip at your hip
    88# (Took 45 secs, rested 90 secs)
    110# (Took 55 secs, rested 2 mins)
    135# (Took 65 secs, rested 2 mins)
    155# (Took 85 secs, lost grip once between thrusters and dl... Really tough last set)

    Core Stability and Going to do a little recovery jog in a min....
  17. BC Says:
  18. 142
  19. ZachR Says:
  20. Failed on 5th rep at 191 so my 5 rep max is 176. Wishing I would have gone 186 for my last set. O well, there is always next time...
  21. Brandon Says:
  22. I wish I had went heavier earlier in the sets of 5. The last 2 sets my wrists were extremely weak, which is why I missed rep 5 on set 5 at 242lbs... sucky!

    5RM Push Jerk = 218lbs (for now haha)

    BrandonB
  23. B3nj4m1n Says:
  24. 191 for 5. Felt great. Also did the consecutive pullups before the 6:30 class with Kat. I only went through one time, failed on round 11. Then did the runs after 6:30 with Jess J., Kat, and G-Dawg. Ran a 3:04ish then a 3:08. Then I found out what the workout is for tomorrow, yikes!
  25. Kelli Says:
  26. 121#

    Awesome working with you Jess!!! :-)
  27. nmandresen Says:
  28. 68# Need to tape my wrists next time for more support. My last set of 5 was tough due to that weakness.
  29. Kat Says:
  30. 129# x 5rm.
    Prolly good have gone a lil heavier but happy with this as a starting/reference point. Had a lot of fun at the gym today. I love bouncin around the different class times and workin out with all the different athletes! Thanks for the coaching jon!

Thanks For Visiting!