RSS

Thursday 110203

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
Rest Day


Well said Coach!

For more awesome JL videos, click here.....

edit post

10 Responses to "Thursday 110203"

  1. Nick.M Says:
  2. Did the squat WOD from yesterday.

    Last time I did 313# and it felt like a near 5RM. Today I did 322# and all 3 sets felt like I had some gas left in the tank. Technique felt good overall, still have trouble staying off my toes sometimes.

    Good work at 5AM guys!
  3. Mark Says:
  4. Finally was able to bench 3x5 with 208#!! I have been stuck at this for almost a month. One week I would get 5,5,4 the next I would get 5,3,3 but finally this monring I got all 15!

    Then Gina and I made up Isabel and I PR'd by 18 seconds with a time of 3:51.

    Great rest day!!
  5. Shelley Says:
  6. Did 7 am. WOD:
    1 RM split jerk: 143# (10# under PR)
    a bit disappointed as I missed next attempt at 158#; thought I would get it as 143# felt relatively easy; need to get under bar faster and lock out as well as needing to be more aggressive with the split; ran out of time to do another attempt

    3 RDS:
    10 DL's 191#
    50 DU's
    5:13

    Ricky's twist on DL's required us to do 15 from dead weight and 15 touch 'n go split up however we wanted to. I chose to do first 10 touch 'n go to get a head start and because I was freshest, next 5 were from dead weight to catch my breath from DU's and next 5 were touch 'n go with last 10 being from dead weight.
    DU's weren't cooperating the best with me today, and yes, I will blame the shoes:)
  7. JonD Says:
  8. Did tabata this sh*t
    10-12-6-10
    38 reps

    Wanted 40 but DB Hang power cleans got me. This one was tough!

    Have fun everyone and come in with a plan today!
  9. BigD Says:
  10. Nice job on the bench Mark!
  11. Unknown Says:
  12. Snatch - Straight Sets 3X2 @ 176

    Front Squat - 3RM Try
    154, 198, 220, 240 X2
    Tried 265 but only hit one but did two more sets of 1 with short rest between to get the 3 reps at the weight I wanted... Doesnt count but will hopefully help next time I try it

    Phil's Metcon Challenge... Haha
    5 Muscle Ups
    10 OH Squats (115#)
    15 Toes to Bar
    20 GH Sit Ups
    ** Was supposed to be 5 ROUNDS but was behind and with football groups about to come in I had to drop it to 3 ROUNDS instead... Toes to Bar were out of control sometimes and erratic
    - 13:35 for 3 ROUNDS

    Double Day tomorrow...
  13. Addi Says:
  14. Nice PRs, Mark!

    Split Jerk - 154#
    Got it once with a little press-out, but thought I could go up and fix it. 159# went up, but really ugly. Back down to 154# and I got it fair and square. I think I cleaned and jerked 160 or so at the oly meet this fall, so not a pr, but it felt better than the last time.

    DL/DU
    4:45
    I didn't know about the half dead-stop rule until I was setting down my 30th DL, so I did touch and go the whole time. All 3 sets of DLs were unbroken, but DUs were a disaster. I used the cable rope to get better with that - the 2nd round went well, but #1 and #3 were embarrassingly bad.

    Went back at noon for mobility/muscle-ups/wall balls. Mobility was great - found some nice nasty bits around the knee.. the right knee was the longest 2 minutes of my life. Muscle-ups - got 9/10 strict attempts, and a set of 3 kipping. That matches my kipping record, and it's by far the most strict I've done in a day. Sweet. I couldn't quite coordinate my wall balls - it wouldn't bounce off the wall back to me and I dropped it on #18. Lame.

    Fun day, though!
  15. Unknown Says:
  16. A few little workouts between 5PM and 6PM..

    Backward HSPU ladder.. 1 the first min.. 2 the second min.. Etc.. Crossed over at round of 7 but finished through round 8

    Tabata Row challenge.. 8RDS.. Goal is max calories accumulated over all rounds.. Hit 77 calories.. Think that's 2 more than I did the last time I set it up this way a ways back
  17. Stacie Says:
  18. Split Jerk: 164 - It's no fun working out by yourself. I had to jerk, drop, unload the bar, rack the bar, add the weights and then attempt. Didn't feel like cleaning it or letting it collapse on me. No where near my PR but satisfied with the ease of 164.

    MU's: 20 attempts combined with a pair of deep, deep dips.

    DL/DU: 5:10 @ 194 - did first 10 letting go and should have saved those for later in the WOD. That was my only rest!

    WB: Didn't drop to the floor once, rather, caught it and held it if I needed a break. I was no longer in the red at #23, so I held it for a couple seconds. Kept it consistent the rest of the time and took a couple breaths again at #28 and #34.
  19. Shelley Says:
  20. I came back in the evening to work mobility exercises and muscle up technique and followed up with the 20# wall balls.

    I messed up on wallballs on rep 5 when I caught it off the bounce (sort of) and then went on to do 19 decent ones before messing up again.

    I have to work on not wanting to "muscle up" the muscle ups and let me naturally fall forward to get the deep dip. I have a long way to go...

Thanks For Visiting!