RSS

Thursday 110120

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
Rest Day


Jon Fasse shows a proper set up for the snatch.

edit post

17 Responses to "Thursday 110120"

  1. paul Says:
  2. power snatch: 147. pretty sure that's a PR, but I was really hoping for 154. next time...

    followed it up with a 500m row: about 1:31.
  3. BigD Says:
  4. Worked squat and bench for my "15" program. HAdn;t squatted for a few weeks so went easy on the knee. Bench went 208 for 3 sets of 5.
    Good stuff.
  5. JonD Says:
  6. Rest day today, yesterday did Power Snatch

    186, felt good!

    Need to rest, come in and work on a weakness get better today these are the days you can make big strides for future workouts. HAVE A PLAN!
  7. JonD Says:
  8. Another Note!

    We have 14 more slots open for free admittance to the Performance Summit!

    I promise you this is something you do not want to miss. If you still have questions please ask. It will be fun, educational, and entertaining. If you are open that Saturday (feb 5th) sign up it will be worth it.
  9. GregP Says:
  10. worked on bench with Gina and Josh 3x5 #154 except I did not get the last rep of the last set.

    Back Squat 3X5 #198 Thanks Amanda for the coaching on the last set.

    Great work Everyone at6 AM!
  11. Teresa Says:
  12. I rowed the 5,000 meters in 22:22 this morning on my own. And now I have blisters to add to my already calloused hands. Good cardio day!
  13. Addi Says:
  14. Did my HSPU practice before noon class - got one set of 2, a single from the 3# plates, and one more single from the floor.

    Was planning to work on kipping muscle-ups and strict HSPU, but tried a strict MU and got it, so decided to take advantage of the good shoulder day. Just worked on strict MUs one at a time with 5 min or so rest and stretching in between. Failed a few times, but ended up getting 5. Then, just for fun, got 2 kipping in a row - my right shoulder was starting to talk to me, though, so I stopped. Really happy with this, as my muscle-ups have been hit or miss lately, and I haven't been able to get a strict MU since before the games.

    Also messed around a little with HSPU from dumbbells to 22# bumper + abmat. These were significantly less successful - had to use a huge kip and still only got about every third one.
  15. hannah eileen Says:
  16. Addi, congrats on the 5 strict MU! That's awesome!
  17. Kat Says:
  18. I hate you Addi
  19. paul Says:
  20. yeah, i hate you too, addi!
  21. paul Says:
  22. uh, i mean, congratulations.
  23. Allison H :) Says:
  24. made up snatch
    boy oh boy do I need work with it! i did the ugliest snatch i've ever seen at 58lbs - stuck with using 53lbs.
    thanks for being my snatch buddy amy! and awesome job with the PR
  25. Mandy G. Says:
  26. Thanks to a one-on-one warm-up session with Reba and coaching from Jon, I now suck less at power snatch. I have to say, when I first started CFO, I was totally intimidated by the other women at the gym. I now see things differently. There are so many women at CFO with amazing ability and strength that have been extremely supportive of me and encourage me no matter what -- even when I’m doing thrusters with only the bar. Thank you, ladies! You motivate me to get to your level – just give me a few years!
  27. Paula Says:
  28. Congrats, Addi on the muscle-ups....it's gotta be the bacon!!!

    Mandy, I'm so proud of you....and you should be proud of how far you have come! Yes...I agree that there are A LOT awesome ladies (and gentlemen) at CFO and you can learn something different from everyone of them. Keep up the hard work!
  29. Shelley Says:
  30. went in to work on weaknesses...HSPU's, CTB pullups, and box jumps. I was disappointed that I could only get 2 single strict HSPU's after getting multiple sets of 2 on Saturday. I failed on many attempts today. CTB is still a struggle for me, and I could only get 4 in a row at the most. I did 4 sets of 20 box jumps and will continue to work on these as well.
    I'm blaming my poor performance on the following:
    1. drinking red wine the last 2 nights
    2. no coffee before working out today
    3. wearing a pink headband

    Congrats Addi on all the muscle ups!!

    Keep working hard Mandy. Small improvements add up over time, and nothing takes the place of determination.
  31. Addi Says:
  32. re: bacon - That's what I thought, Paula!

    @Shelley - The pink headbands will get you every time.
  33. Alicia Says:
  34. deadlifts. hit a new max of 120#. couldn't quite get the 5th but i'll get it next time!

Thanks For Visiting!