RSS

Thursday 110113

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
Rest Day


Here is one way to properly scale a pistol (one-legged squat). The key is to simulate the exact mechanics of the actual movement while applying assistance only in areas where needed.

In the picture, Megan Mac uses a band to...


help herself, not stand up, but keep her weight evenly distributed over her entire foot. There must be a balance of weight on both sides of the middle of the foot in order to have a chance to apply the correct force into the ground needed to complete a successful rep. This balance is noticed by the heel not coming up, the knee passing in front of the toe, and the center of one's gravity directly over the middle of the foot, whilst in the bottom-most part of the squat.

For her to be successful without assistance, she may not necessarily need to develop more single leg strength but learn how to keep equal parts of her body-weight on both sides of her foot such as Pete has done on the left.
_________________________________

January 31st is when the next set of barbell classes begin. These are an invaluable resource and now they are offered to you at no additional costs. Understand that Barbell 2 is will be offered at 7:30PM and Barbell 1 at 3PM. Register by clicking here, Barbell 2 or Barbell 1. There are only 8 spots available for BB1 and 6 for BB2.

edit post

16 Responses to "Thursday 110113"

  1. Mark Says:
  2. Nice rest day for me. Did bench press with my dad and sister then a short core WOD of 10 GH Situps and 10 hip extensions for 3 rounds.
  3. paul Says:
  4. 12 minutes to get a 3RM of OHS and as many wall climbs as possible. I got 157x3 for OHS and 10 climbs.

    Then a brutal tabata that started off so innocent, and quickly got awful:

    single unders: lowest=45
    burpees: total=56
    ball slams: lowest=10
    2 pd KB SDLHP: total=65
    overall score=176

    good work as always, 7am!
  5. Nick.M Says:
  6. Did the clean workout from Tuesday this morning. Got 286 on my second to last set, then missed 306 on the last set. Pretty happy with it even though I missed my last rep.
  7. Stacie Says:
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.
  9. Stacie Says:
  10. Games Prep:

    OHS - 152 x 3 & 16 wall climbs. Got 2 reps at 162 and lost balance. Stupid.

    Tabata Total: 187
  11. JonD Says:
  12. Trying to get back into things!

    Did 3RM OHS and wall climbs for 12 minutes:

    198x3 and 9 wall climbs

    Will do tabata after noon class!

    Rest days are getting full people, its great to see! Come in work on a weakness, make up a workout, and have a plan!
  13. Alicia Says:
  14. wish i could make it in today. have a sick man at home :( next week we'll be back!
  15. Unknown Says:
  16. 1RM Snatch - plus 3 OH Squats after the catch....
    110, 154, 175, 185, 195, 205.. Not even close.. Just not feeling it today.. Next Time

    Snatch Pulls - 220, 230, 240... All for 1's

    Tabata Work.. Just 6 RDS EA cause I was kind of in a rush
    Pull Ups - Goal - 15 EA
    15, 15, 15, 15, 13, 11 - Just Couldnt keep grip
    Kipping Bar Dips (Bad Idea after all the push ups yesterday) Goal - 8
    9, 8, 8, 5, 4, 4 - HA! bad
    Sit Ups - Goal 12
    12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12 - Felt Better
    Air Squats - Goal 20
    20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20
    - Could probably go for 22 next time
    TOTAL SCORE
    11 + 4 + 12 + 20 = 46
  17. paul Says:
  18. Damn, Stacie--I didn't realize you banged out 152 on the OHS!
  19. Unknown Says:
  20. I did an AMRAP in 20 min of
    250 Rows
    20 Ball Slams
    30 Sit Ups
    8 Step Ups (each leg)

    It was a lot harder then I thought it would be:( I finished three round and 12 sit ups.
  21. Kat Says:
  22. I can't make it to 530 class tonight :(
  23. BC Says:
  24. Felt good to finally get back in the gym after a somewhat exaggerated lay-off. Did Tuesday's clean wod and managed to pr, 198#. Tried 203# (twice) to break that infamous 200# barrier but wasn't getting my elbows through fast enough, but still pretty happy with what I was able to do.
  25. Chip Says:
  26. Back squat 3x5 @ 294#, then 5000m row in 21:03. It was awesome to have a full class on a rest day and see everybody working hard. I was watching BC clean today, great job man.
  27. Shelley Says:
  28. I did 5K row in 22:38. I didn't change my pace much throughout except tried to go hard for the last 700 meters.
  29. Kelli Says:
  30. I did Friday's upcoming workout (Joe shared it with me since I won't be there tomorrow). I really worked on the DUs to try and stop my one jump in between each DU. Started to work in the end! My time wasn't good...I didn't scale it so went slower than maybe was intended.
  31. Addi Says:
  32. OHS/Wall climbs: 142x3 + 9 wall climbs = 178

    This felt WEAK. Haven't done heavy OHS in a long time. That 142 was by the skin of my teeth, but it was a pretty good-sized PR.

    Tabata:

    30 single unders (lowest)
    52 burpees (total)
    10 ball slams (lowest)
    71 SDHP (total)
    Total score = 163

    The best part about the tabata was that it wrecked the quads so much, you forgot how bad your shoulders were from the OHS/wall climbs.

    Went back at 4:30 for the 5k row. 21:39.5

    Not what I'd call fun, but not as bad as I expected. I was glad I wasn't rowing alone, and Tara provided some much-needed morale boosts.

Thanks For Visiting!