RSS

Friday 100114

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
3 rounds for time of:
75 Double Unders
21 Kettle Bell Swings, 1.5/1 pood
12 Pull ups

Post time to comments/Logwod.



We are proud to announce that on Saturday February 5th, we'll be hosting the first of many performance summits. The goal will be to provide you, as CrossFit Omaha clients, with knowledge, techniques, tips, tricks, and advice to optimize your fitness and health. With each summit, the topics may vary, but the primary aim will remain the same; provide you an opportunity to maximize your time spent here pursuing fitness. This summit will also serve as an opportunity for all to get together, have a great time, and enjoy some conversation and food with friends. Think of this as a way for you to become an active participant in your fitness and the direction of this gym.

The agenda for the 1st CFO Performance Summit will be as follows:


Potluck social and recipe trade:
1. This will be a potluck with a twist that will be fun and of great benefit to all.
2. Each CFO member in attendance will be bringing a dish for all to sample.
3. The food items must fall into some nutritional category be it… Zone, Paleo, Primal, or Just real food.
4. The dishes will vary from meats, salads, appetizers, snacks, and desserts.
5. Details on who brings what will be coming soon!
6. The second “twist,” in addition to the nutritional category, will be that each person, in advance, provide the gym with the recipe and preparation instructions for their meal. Each person in attendance will receive a “cook book” at the seminar containing all of the recipes and instructions. This will give everyone a wide range of ideas for their personal kitchen.

Class sign In: A brief who what when where why and how - 30 minutes
1. Why do you have to sign in? Why is this process so important?
2. What does the future of gym hold? What is our vision?
3. What is the background on the CFO staff's decision to implement this process?
4. What is CFO doing to make this process as efficient as possible and to improve the current situation?
5. How will this process benefit me as a client? As an athlete? How is it the best thing for the gym?
*We will be answering all of these questions to make you all feel like a part of our ultimate plan*


Appropriate Goal Setting and Training for a Lifetime - 30 minutes
1. Short Term goals vs. Long Term goals. What is realistic now, in 6 months, in 1 year, and in 10 years?
2. Choosing appropriate weights. How do I get the most out of every workout?
3. Injury prevention and Injury Care.
4. Understanding CrossFit: What is Fitness as CrossFit defines it? How do I get fit as fast as possible while staying mentally healthy and injury free?

As you can see, it will be an event you won't want to miss. It will be something you will have to sign up for as well (available for sign-up starting today) as we are only allowing the first 50 spots free. Anyone else may still attend but for a $25 entry fee. Sign up now and mark your calendars as this is where it's at people.

edit post

12 Responses to "Friday 100114"

  1. Shane Says:
  2. Where do we sign up for the feb 5 event?
  3. Ricky Frausto Says:
  4. A link will be provided on the post and/or you can go straight to MindBody and sign up there. It will be added under seminars.

    Look for it to go live sometime in the morning.

    Thanks
  5. Brandon Says:
  6. The potluck/seminar sounds awesome! I will sign up when it becomes available. As for the WOD for Friday: it looks fun, but I won't be in to CFO, I'll be doing "Filthy Fifty" at the base gym for someone's going away workout. haha! I'm glad I took Thursday off!

    BrandonB
  7. GregP Says:
  8. I got 69 DU's in a row on the first round (PR)and was done in 2 minutes. Thought I was going to do great on this one until I couldn't string together more that 10-12 DU's after that. 12:44 RX'd

    Good WOD's this week. I liked all the KB work.

    Tried to get Bonnie into 6am, but class was full when I checked at 9:30 last night. I was talking to Jon this morning and he said someone canceled. I did not follow the system. My fault 6am was not full. Lesson learned, got to put your name on the wait list to get in and to show that we may need more slots.
  9. Jess Says:
  10. 10:45 using a trainer, blue band for PUs and rowed 200m instead of DUs

    I didn't have to break up the KB swings until the last round which I was pretty happy with

    Great job 6am peeps!

    JChrist
  11. Mark Says:
  12. Nice big class this morning for DU Helen. I finished in 9:57. I couldn't string very many double unders together the first round for some reason, the second round was a little better and the third I finally got my rythm and it only took two sets and that was cause I was out of breath.

    The summit sounds great! I am going to try to get off work to go but I doubt I will be able to.
  13. Shelley Says:
  14. Got my a** handed to me this morning in the 7 a.m. class

    DNF: cutoff 26 minutes

    3 rounds:
    18 pullups
    18 dips
    30 wallballs
    12 HSPU's
    15 power cleans (99#)

    I subbed pullups and dips for muscle ups and did these in sets of 6 back and forth between pullups and dips. I broke the strap on first round of ring dips so did dips in between boxes instead.

    I could only get 2 HSPU's unassisted before going to 1 abmat and then quickly to 2.

    I had 3 dips left in 3rd round when time was up.

    Great job to everyone else!
  15. ZachR Says:
  16. Today's WOD should be titled Doublen right?

    Not ready for DUs so I will be doing Rowlen at 4:30 today.
  17. BC Says:
  18. Doublen was funny, and then you kicked the bar up another notch with Rowlen. Well played ZachR, well played.

    Doublen for me was double-y hard as it was my 1st metcon since November. Scaled the reps to 50/15/8 so I wouldn't ruin my weekend, which was probably a good thing since it still took me 11:29 to finish. Strength class is great but it is definitely a hit to the conditioning, hopefully it'll bounce back quickly. Nice job 6am.
  19. paul Says:
  20. 7am was definitely a grinder this morning, though in a way, probably easier than Doublen.

    3 rds
    6 muscle-ups
    30 wall balls
    12 hspu (scaled to 40# DB presses)
    15 power cleans (132#)

    23:45
  21. Amanda Says:
  22. I have posted the sign up for the Performance Summit. Once you log in click on the "Seminars" tab at the top of the page, as opposed to the "CrossFit Classes".

    We'll see you there!
  23. Brandon Says:
  24. I'm signed up for the Performance Summit, but I had a question. I just got a long time friend of mine to start eating healthier, and he was interested in attending the summit. How would I go about signing him up? or Would he even be allowed to attend since he is not a CFO member? He is willing to pay the $25 fee.
    By the way... "Filthy Fifty" was rough today! I don't feel I pushed super hard, so I think I'll be able to beat my time, next time I do it. Everything was RX'd except wall balls, we only had a 13lb ball.

    "Filthy Fifty" w/13lb wall balls = 33:34

    BrandonB

Thanks For Visiting!