RSS

Monday 110131

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
"Isabel"
For time:
30 Snatches at 132#/99#

at the 5 minute mark,

AMRAP in 8 minutes of:
20 Sumo Dead-lift High Pulls
20 Box Jumps

Post time and total reps to comments/Logwod.


The Sumo Dead-lift High Pull
_________________________________________________

A little reminder that the much anticipated Performance Summit is this Saturday. You do not want to miss this. In addition to the info we'll be providing on how to get the most out of CrossFit, whether that is weight loss, body composition changes, strength gain, etc., there will be food. 

If you haven't already signed up online, please do so quickly before space runs out (8 spots left).
_______________________________________________

A lot is going on in and around the gym these days. For one, the new round of strength classes starts this week. We also have a pull up seminar on the 12th. The performance summit this Saturday. Stay tuned for more events as we love nothing more than hanging out with all of you and providing more and more opportunities.

edit post

22 Responses to "Monday 110131"

  1. J Andresen Says:
  2. 4:13 w/ 110#. 4 rds 5 SDHP.
    I need to continue to work on the snatch and become more efficient. It's intimidating knowing what comes after Isabel, but it wasn't too bad...8min goes pretty quick
  3. GregP Says:
  4. 4:54 at #88, a whole 6 seconds rest befoe the next one. 3 rds 19 SDLHP all with 1.5pd.

    Full house at 6AM! Great job everyone!!
  5. Hilg Says:
  6. 3:08 @ 110#. 3 Rnd + 10 SDHP
    About the same as my time with the same weight in Aug for Isabel. Need to work on my form as I think I have the strength for Rx'd. Goal is to do it Rx'd Next time.

    B
  7. Shelley Says:
  8. Did 7 a.m. WOD:
    on the minute pullups for 15 minutes:
    Made it through 13 minutes; missed in minute 14 so did 14 and 15 burpees to finish it out. I started w/ strict pullups through first 5 minutes and broke pullups up beginning in minute 7.

    Finished with 2 300 yd shuttles; first one went ok; second one felt like it took everything in me just to get my legs going (hamstrings, not quads). Disappointed in this as I felt well rested, muscles weren't sore, etc.
  9. Eric C Says:
  10. Isabel 4:57 Rx'd PR by 2 mins and 10 seconds from 15 months ago. (Olympic lifting class anyone?)

    SDHP/BJ = 3.5 rds + 1 BJ

    Nice, hard couplet.
  11. Nick.M Says:
  12. Isabel:
    3:34 Rx'd
    Missed the board by 6 damn seconds! Felt really good doing this this morning. For anyone later today looking of ideas, I found a good pace doing just one at a time, dropping it, and setting back up quickly. My grip or technique probably wasn't the best every rep but it got the job done.

    2 rds + 20 SDHP
    Kind of disappointing result in this one. Arches (or lack thereof) of my feet started hurting really bad and it was tough to keep going.


    Good work 5AM!!
  13. Unknown Says:
  14. Clean and Jerk 1RM - Been a while since I've tried to go heavy on a C/J

    110, 154, 198, 220 - Warm Ups
    242, 258, 270- Miss (Not even close :()

    Main Site from a few days ago...
    12 Muscle Ups
    75 Squats
    3 Rounds - 10:45 (Missed 1 Stupid MU)

    Post Work
    Db Row (55#) 3X8
    K2E Sets of 10

    Might retry my 5000m Row from last year tonight...
  15. Allison H :) Says:
  16. weak sauce today!
    #1
    3:07 - 39# snatches
    #2
    3 rds - 1 pood KB for SDLHPs, 20" box jumps

    pretty disappointment in my strength decline - I just have to keep telling myself it takes TIME to get it back.
  17. JonD Says:
  18. It was fun working out in a group this weekend!

    Did
    10 Strict Pull ups
    50 Double unders
    3 rounds
    4:49

    DUs got a little rough.

    Keep safe on those roads!
  19. BC Says:
  20. Isabel - 3:55 @ 88#. Haven't done snatches in quite a while, maybe I could've done 110# but highly unlikely I would've gotten all 30 done in time.

    Part 2 - 3 rds + 5 SDHP @ 1.5 pood. Could definitely tell it's been a while since I've done a metcon (strength class). Hopefully it won't too long for my conditioning to come back.
  21. Paula Says:
  22. Are we still needing to bring food for the summit on saturday?? Are we being assigned to bring a dish or just bring whatever?
  23. Addi Says:
  24. s - got through 13, then only got 6 of the 14 before the minute was up. Burpees were embarassingly slow and painful.

    Shuttles - didn't time them, but they felt sluggish. Drank too much water. And I'm slow.

    Isabel - 3:00 rx'd... PR by 1:03. It felt slow starting out, but I stayed steady the whole time. Felt really good. I needed this.

    Couplet - 4 rds, 5 sdhp w/1.5 pood - box jumps sucked the first couple rounds until the hamstrings calmed down. I was gassed.
  25. Addi Says:
  26. Pullups - got through 13, then only got 6 of the 14 before the minute was up. Burpees were embarassingly slow and painful.

    Shuttles - didn't time them, but they felt sluggish. Drank too much water. And I'm slow.

    Isabel - 3:00 rx'd... PR by 1:03. It felt slow starting out, but I stayed steady the whole time. Felt really good. I needed this.

    Couplet - 4 rds, 5 sdhp w/1.5 pood - box jumps sucked the first couple rounds until the hamstrings calmed down. I was gassed.
  27. paul Says:
  28. this was tough, but really good.

    got 27 snatches rx'ed in the 5 min. This is a 4-rep PR. Also, i consider it a small victory that my shoulders were not the limiting factor. I need to work on violent hip opening. (that's what she said. oh God, that sounds way dirtier than it was supposed to.)

    4 rds of the AMRAP rx'ed.

    have serious black lung now. but it feels good to have worked that hard.
  29. JennG Says:
  30. 4:00 @ 63#

    3.5 rounds plus 6 jumps
    (1pd for sdhp & stack of 2reds/2yellows for jumps)
  31. Unknown Says:
  32. Wanted to do a quick one and get home before I was stuck here...

    Saw John's post and decided to give it a try...

    10 Strict Pull Ups
    50 DU's
    3 ROUNDS - 3:18
    (Actually missed like 5 DU's which never happens so it should have been under 3 mins)

    Thanks John!

    Back at it tomorrow! Be safe!
  33. Kelli Says:
  34. 2:17 #53 Isabelle. Though 77# might be too heavy...so I chose to go light and as fast as possible. Next time will definitely go up. The 2nd WOD I got through 2 rounds and 9 SDHP. I am really not good a box jumps. Need to work on those on rest days.
  35. Kelli Says:
  36. Holy cow! Just checked LOGWOD and found out I have shaved off almost a minute from August. :-)
  37. Stacie Says:
  38. Morning - 15 rds mix between butterfly & kipping. Sprints were just the right amount.

    Evening - 2:41 & 4 rds rxd
  39. Tovar Says:
  40. Went to 6:30 class and finished Isabel in 3:11. Did 3 rounds and 15 sdhp on the second wod. Did step ups instead of box jumps so my bad shins didnt take a beating.

    After 6:30 class made up the pullups and shuttle runs from this mornings training class.
  41. JimmyG Says:
  42. Strength class Canx'd for WX, so I did Isabel after the 1830 class finished up. 2:51 for a 40 sec PR! I couldn't have done it without Dustin and Meagan yelling at me. Thanks guys!
  43. Donohoe Says:
  44. 348 on isabel, not sure how I did last time not too happy. I would like another shot at this one after the barbell 2.
    Got Three rounds completed and it was a great work out.
    Donohoe is out

Thanks For Visiting!