RSS

Saturday 101225

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
Merry Christams CFO'ers

WOD
Tabata Push ups
Tabata Air Squats
Run for Fun.

Lowest number of reps during any of the eight rounds for both exercises, added together, is your score. For example, during push ups, if you score reps of 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 3, your score is 3. The run is for fun and can be any distance, any speed, but must be fun.

Post score and details of your run to comments.
_________________________________

An excerpt from Tim Ferriss's "The 4-Hour Body."

"I am, in most of my endeavors, a solidly successful person. I decide I want things to be a certain way, and I make it happen. I've done it with my career, my learning of music, understanding of foreign languages, and basically everything I've tried to do."

"For a long time, I've known that the key to getting started down the path of being remarkable in anything is to simply act with the intention of being remarkable."

"If I want a better-than-average career, I can't simply 'go with the flow' and get it. Most people do just that: they wish for an outcome but make no intention-driven actions toward that outcome. If they would just do something most people would find that they get some version of the outcome they're looking for. That's been my secret. Stop wishing and start doing."

"Yet here I was, talking about arguably the most important part of my life-my health-as if it was something I had no control over. I had been going with the flow for years. Wishing for an outcome and waiting to see if it would come. I was the limp, powerless ego I detest in other people."

"But somehow, as the school nerd who always got picked last for everything, I had allowed 'not being good at sports' or 'not being fit' to enter what I considered to be inherent attributes of myself. The net result is that I was left with an understanding of myself as an incomplete person. And though I had (perhaps) over-compensated for that incompleteness by kicking ass in every other way I could, I was still carrying this powerlessness around with me and it was very slowly and subtly gnawing away at me from the inside."

This excerpt is taken from the Ground Zero section called "The Harajuku Moment." It is about a person named Chad Fowler, who is the CTO of InfoEther, Inc. and who lost 70 pounds in less than a year. Chad describes parts of his Harajuku moment.

Tim Ferriss, the book's author, describes that people usually don't take action, concerning their health, because they have insufficient reason to. The pain isn't painful enough. That it's a nice-to-have, not a must-have.

I post this excerpt because the statement that CrossFit is too hard for me or I'm not athletic enough is all too common when PEOPLE walk into our gym to see what we're all about. You may have heard the same thing, from other, from yourself. If you have, this is your weapon against those statements.

What are your thoughts? What do you have to offer? A similar story? Post to comments.

edit post

12 Responses to "Saturday 101225"

  1. Brandon Says:
  2. Merry Christmas to everyone at CFO!
  3. BigD Says:
  4. Merry Christmas to all the CFO'ers out there!
  5. Unknown Says:
  6. Hope everyone is having a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS! Enjoy your time with family and friends!!
  7. Hilg Says:
  8. Merry, Merry Christmas everyone. Last year at this time I was doing "Christmas Legs" in the basement with 2 feet of snow blocking every door!

    Anybody remember Christmas Legs?? Might have to spin that one up tomorrow. Going to try and get the family into some Tabata tonight. Tabata Pro is loaded on my son's new iPad.

    B
  9. Shelley Says:
  10. Merry Christmas to all!!!

    Tabata pushups: 6 was my score; 10,10,9,8,6,6,6,6. This was much improved over last time and had a second to spare in all rounds except last two.

    Tabata air squats: 16 was my score;
    18,16,16,16,16,16,16,16. I had a second to spare in all rounds except last one.

    I rested 2 minutes in between the tabata pushups and the tabata airsquats. I ran yesterday morning at Wehrspan but didn't run today. It took me 53 minutes to run a 6 mile route (approximately as I couldn't see the mile markers but going from memory) I ran to a certain point and turned around and went back the same way. 26 minutes out and 27 back so my pace was pretty much the same.

    Looking forward to Christmas dinner at my brother and sis-in-laws.
  11. Paula Says:
  12. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and received all that you had wished for.

    I know this may be a few day late, but I got home at midnight from a call in and had to "wind down" and did a little research. I've been logging my workouts on my own since I started almost 2 years ago. My first entry in logwod was "Linda" on Aug. 25 2009. Anyway, what I'm trying to get to and if anyone is still interested....we did the 100 burpees for time on 2/4/09 and then again 7/15/09. We also did the "CFO" 60 burpees on 8/2.

    Everyone have a great day!
  13. GregP Says:
  14. Paula you are right. I found it on that date too. Reason I didn't see it before was we also did 3 rounds of max rep pullups. I wrote the burpees down last and was running out of room on the line. Our class had a 10 minute cutoff that day and I only got 92.
  15. paul Says:
  16. hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!

    i did a little post-Christmas WOD to get the blood flowing again.

    25-20-15-10-5
    pushups
    situps

    untimed, but I'd guess around 5 (partly because I took a long break after the 25 pushups, having not yet decided to make this into a metcon).

    then a few minutes later, i evened it out with 25 more pushups (unbroken), 25 situps, and 100 squats. Took some brief breaks after the first 60 squats. lame, but i don't mind easing back in after a 4-day break.
  17. Unknown Says:
  18. DAY ONE OF SECTIONAL TRAINING CYCLE - 4-6 WEEKS

    Hang Full Snatch - 2RM (Done 170 for 3)
    3 Position Work First with lighter weights - 88, 110, 135
    Training Sets - 154, 165, 175, 185 - Made first attempt then missed second... Got annoyed and pissed and did two more right away and got them... haha - 3 out of 4.. does that count as a 3RM then?? ;)

    Makeshift deadlift dynamic effort...
    Clean Pulls (100-105%) (266-275)(Amounts to about 75-80% 1RM - little over the recommended 50-60% but I'm just keying off of the speed of the bar)

    GH Raise 2X15 (High rep hammies)
    Weighted Side Bridge 2X20sec EA (Core Stability- Weighted) (45#)

    CFO Metcon From a few days back
    40 WB
    10 DB Swings
    30 WB
    20 DB Swings
    20 WB
    30 DB Swings
    10 WB
    40 Db Swings
    ** Wanted to go unbroken all the way through but ended up breaking 40 DB Swings into 25 and 15 so lost probably 5-7 secs **
    TIME: 6:55

    Double WODs tomorrow... Hope everyone had a great Christmas and got back safe!
  19. Iron Nerd Says:
  20. Decided to hit the Tabata for the day after... 5 on the push-ups (was doing 8, couldn't get there the last 2 rounds), 15 for air-squats. I decided to throw in sit-ups after that, getting 10. Man, this season is hitting me hard...
  21. Natalie Says:
  22. No CF for me this weekend...I did, however, play a whole lot of xBox Kinect Dance Machine. If nothing else, I worked my abs from laughing so much.
  23. Addi Says:
  24. WOD for the day = piggy-backing my be-crutched (that's a word, right?) sister up and down the stairs for restroom breaks. She told me she's done bad-mouthing CrossFit, but reserves the right to express skepticism about my allegedly excessive egg consumption and my unnatural obsession with bacon. Also, she's taken to calling me "hoss."

Thanks For Visiting!