RSS

Monday 101227

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
AMRAP in 3 minutes of:
4 One-legged Squats
5 Power Cleans
6 Pull ups

Repeat above cycle 5 times, resting 1 minute between.

Post rounds from each cycle to comments/Logwod.


What resolutions are you after? Want to lose some weight? Get stronger? Last longer?
________________________________
CFO games competitors are to attend regular classes today. Competition prep will resume at 7am on Tuesday. A reminder that anyone that wishes to push their wall back a little is welcome and encouraged to workout with us. This is not a closed group.

edit post

19 Responses to "Monday 101227"

  1. Shane Says:
  2. 9 rounds @ 154 dl and kb-assisted pistols. Liked this WOD....
  3. GregP Says:
  4. 10 rds, 2 each cycle. I thought I could get 3 the first time. Tried for 3 on the last one, but didn't make it.

    Great class this morning. Let's keep filling it up!

    Good job 6AM!

    I wanted to become stronger in 2010 and with the help of the strength classes I came pretty close to hitting most of the numbers I wanted. One of the last keys to creating SMART goals is to tell someone. I did not do that this year. I will post my goals for 2011 here in the next couple of days. Anyone want to post theirs?

    Keep those comments coming.
  5. Danielle Ostronic Says:
  6. I already have my resolutions! Only one of mine has to do with xfit, but one of my goals last year was to get stronger and with strength class I can mark that one off!
  7. JonD Says:
  8. One of my biggest things this year is going to start writing things down!

    This workout seems interesting, I may give it a whirl here in a bit.

    Jen and I did the 2nd workout on Friday from the other weekend when the games group got together.
    8 Rounds
    5 Pull ups from ground
    7 Push ups release hand to plate
    9 sit up squats
    9:27
    I jumped the the highest pull up bar along the wall.

    Ill let ya know how todays workout with go!
  9. Iron Nerd Says:
  10. I've never really been into the resolution thing... that being said, I'd really like to finally get rid of this weight that's holding me down. I've come leaps and bounds from last year when I started CF, but I really want the visual improvement this year...

    Workout looks just as fun as they usually do, looking forward to 5:30.
  11. Amanda Says:
  12. Great workouts with the morning groups. Everyone did a good job on their modified pistols and with some constant reminders on cleans and pull ups, everyone looks pretty solid.

    There is a sign up sheet in the gym for our next NutriSimple challenge!! A WONDERFUL idea speaking of New Year's resolutions!! It starts Jan. 3rd with a required meeting before that on Thursday evening or Saturday morning...

    Have a magnificent Monday!
  13. Natalie Says:
  14. 6 rounds this morning. Sluggish...I feel like I'm in a Christmas coma. I'm anxious to hear more about the next Nutrition challenge.
  15. Hilg Says:
  16. 9 rounds with Pistols scaled to the box, 154lb clean. Steady 2 rounds through 4 cycles then yesterday's mashed potatoes caught up with me (but MAN were they good!).

    Signed up for the nutrition challenge and will have some specific, attainable, goals for 2011 to post shortly. I was too general this year (look good, feel good)and finished the year "short" in some hard to define way....does that make sense? I will need to build consistancy in there somehow as I was on and then off this year and finished "flat".

    B
  17. Greg MO Says:
  18. 13 rnds rxd...still hate pistols but they're getting better and the steady diet of Christmas carbs definitely effected me today...Nice work 6amers!!!

    I don't really do resolutions either but I guess my 1 resolution would be to not let moving effect my training...

    It's kind of weird to think that this is my last week at CFO!!! AAAAHHHHHH!!! I'm going to miss all you guys!!!

    PS: This Wednesday morning is my last regularly scheduled 6am class with everyone! If I have worked out with any of you in the past come have a final workout with me at 6am this Wednesday! Hopefully Rick & Joe will open up some spots for you guys if the class fills up...

    Hope I get to see you all sometime before I leave!!
  19. Hilg Says:
  20. I'm on the wait list for Wednesday at 6am and WILL NOT miss Greg Mo's swan song! ;-)

    How does the wait list work? Will I automatically be registered if someone cancels?
  21. JonD Says:
  22. Well just got done. It was awesome coming back from eating sugar, pizza, high fructose corn syrup, and evaporated cane juice!

    Anyways, 13 rounds today power cleans got hard!

    Good luck everyone!

    Hey guys remember Dustin is selling tickets for New Years Eve party for 40$ (food and beer included). They will be at the gym if your interested.
  23. Amanda Says:
  24. Waitlist means as soon as someone cancels, the first person on the waitlist will move onto the class list and will be sent an email.

    This Wednesday anyone who wants to come can, in honor of GregMo and for the fact that it is still December... But I ask if you are going to come please sign up (even if it's the waitlist) Thanks!
  25. Shelley Says:
  26. went to 4:30 class:
    12 rounds Rx'd; I thought the pullups were the hardest part of this WOD; cleans felt good and the pistols went pretty well. I had to redo a couple when I lost my balance before standing up. Pullups I did unbroken in first cycle but after that it was 3,3 or 3,2,1 Rounds broke down as follows:
    3,2,3,2,2

    Congrats to Hira for getting her first unassisted pullups!!
  27. Shelley Says:
  28. I signed up for 6 a.m. and 7:00 a.m because I can't make 7:30 tomorrow night. Are the wods such that this won't duplicate too much?
  29. Addi Says:
  30. Congratulations, Hira!

    12 rds rx'd... 3-3-2-2-2

    I think I could have gotten 4 that first cycle - had 48 seconds left on the clock. Pistols felt pretty solid today, but power cleans just gassed me. More than an hour later, I'm still not quite recovered. Arms and legs were twitching all the way home. Christmas Carbs Attack!

    I'm not generally a resolution person, but I have set a couple non-New Year's-related goals lately:

    * Take better care of myself with recovery and mobility work (as well as avoid further lectures from Dr. Fostersen). Adding in a little yoga a few times a month and some lap swimming. (Has anyone else been paying attention to the Journal videos lately? I'm betting on a water event this year.)

    * Get my nutrition dialed in more consistently. I'm good at locking in before competitions, but I could do better the rest of the time, with further tweaks during crunch-time. I know how to eat - I just have to start giving a shit. Going to start keeping my own food log (coupled w/ training log to hopefully notice some correlations). Need to up my fats and maybe cut fruit.
  31. Unknown Says:
  32. Tonight showed how much being mentally into it makes the biggest difference.... Not a big fan of working out late at night and "longer" wods and it showed tonight...

    200 DU's
    50 Pull Ups
    30 Push Press (165#)
    10 Flights of Stairs (Flight actually composed of almost 2 flights)
    200 DU's
    ** Push Press and Pull Ups were broken up severely.. 6, 4, 4, 3, 3, then 5 sets of freaking 2 the rest of the way
    - 18:20 - Shitty
  33. Tovar Says:
  34. Ugh I really ate like shit over the past 4 days and consumed way too much alcohol... sure made for a rough workout. 4-3-3-2-2.

    No resolution set for me but probably wouldn't hurt to have one.
  35. Nick.M Says:
  36. Just got back to Omaha this morning so I didn't get in the gym today. Don't know how these bad knees of mine would have handled pistols though. Looking to get back in tomorrow.

    New years: Nothing really crazy thus far, but I want to get body weight back down to 230 (freshman year college weight). Hopefully that happens long before the end of 2011 but who knows...
  37. O'Kief Says:
  38. 11 rounds: 3,2,2,2,2 using 132#. Should have done at least one more round of 3. Legs are fried though.

    It takes an Act of God to get me to the gym at 6 am...such as Greg MO. I'm on the waitlist for Wednesday.

Thanks For Visiting!