RSS

Wednesday 101201

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
"Mary"
As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:
5 Handstand Push ups
10 One legged Squats, alternating
15 Pull ups

BRING MULTIPLE ROLLS OF TAPE FOR THE GYM AND FOR YOUR HANDS. You're going to need it.

Post rounds plus reps completed to comments/Logwod.












Jess Powers on her way up during a kipping ring pull up.
_____________________________________

Low fat diets could increase heart disease risk, say nutrition experts, by Caroline Scott-Thomas - www.FoodNavigator-USA.com
_____________________________________

If you finished the Paleo Challenge III, from start to finish, I need you to vote on the finalists. Stop by my office sometime over the next week to do so. Choose one male and one female.

edit post

13 Responses to "Wednesday 101201"

  1. BigD Says:
  2. Looking forward to this one on Thursday...
  3. Greg MO Says:
  4. 8 rounds + 5 HSPUs rxd

    Ugh...1 legged squats messed me up! HSPUs & pullups ended up being rest. Surprisingly all HSPU & pullup sets were unbroken but the squats were SLOW with a lot of rest between...

    6am seems to grow every morning & we continue too bust a$$! We even had a celebrity join this am, Kyle "the ox" Kasperbauer made an appearance & easily smashed everyone including me, for him it's business as usual...
  5. Shelley Says:
  6. 5 rounds plus 2 handstand holds and 4 presses @77#

    I did 2 handstand holds and 5 presses in place of HSPU's. I got a couple kipping HSPU's in warm ups, but I also missed when I couldn't keep my feet on the wall so it was recommended I do the above.

    I didn't have to scale the pistols though I had a few that I lost my balance and had to do over.

    Pullups were 8/7 first round and 3 sets of 5 after that. These felt pretty good in that I didn't have to drop below sets of 5 which I've sometimes struggled with.

    First 2 rounds of presses were with 53# and the rest were all at 77#.

    Great work once again 6 a.m.!!
  7. Hilg Says:
  8. Advice - DO NOT take a break from the Gym for more than a few days! ;-)

    4 Rnds plus 3HSPUs and 2 presses at 110# and 1 PU.

    Kipped my HSPUs but struggled with keeping the legs on the wall with a few. Pistols are a Pistol for me.....something to add to workouts on the road!

    Re-entry is a killer. Cool having Kyle in class today! Great job 6amers!
  9. Hilg Says:
  10. BTW-

    Happy Birthday, Shelley!!

    B
  11. paul Says:
  12. Happy birthday, Shelley!

    I guess I have to confront these weaknesses of mine tomorrow. HSPU and pistols all at once? We'd damn well better deadlift on Friday to make me feel better.
  13. Shelley Says:
  14. Thanks guys!
    4 rounds of 10 years on this earth, and I have to say the last round has been the most fun!!! I'm looking forward to many more!!
  15. Pastor Justin Says:
  16. 11 rounds + 5 pistols rx'd

    I'm gonna be sore in the mornin'

    The last two days have been fun!
  17. Nate Says:
  18. 10rds + 3 pistols rx'd. Been a fun week, except for monday, but a fun week non the less.

    Happy day of birth Shelly.
  19. Pastor Justin Says:
  20. 11 rounds + 5 pistols rx'd

    I'm gonna be sore in the mornin'

    The last two days have been fun!
  21. Mark Says:
  22. 7 full rounds. I thought pistols would be the worst (and they were pretty tough) but pretty much every exercise was pretty tough by the end.

    I had to use a 15# dumbbell to keep my balance while doing the pistols. This really tired out my shoulders.

    I'm off to sunny Cali today until Tuesday so I will see you all next Wednesday!
  23. Iron Nerd Says:
  24. Almost forgot to post my results. I fell 10 pull-ups short of 5 rounds, doing HSPU negatives (3), Pistols (green band), and Pull-Ups (purple band). I really wanted to finish that 5th round, but I wasted a lot of time trying to balance against the wall... add HSPU to the list of things I really need to work on.
  25. Stacie Says:
  26. 8 Rds + 10 pistols
    HSPU-pink and tan bands. All pull ups were butterfly. Getting better!

Thanks For Visiting!