RSS

Friday 101119

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
AMRAP in 15 minutes of:
10 Overhead Squats, 98#/68#
20 Kettle Bell Swings, 1.5/1 pood
30 Knees to Elbows

Post rounds plus reps completed to comments/Logwod.


Functional or gimmick?

What if I told you the same guy did a 170 kilo overhead squat for 3? Does it change the way you feel? Why or why not?

170 kilo Overhead Squat for 3 reps

Post thoughts to comments.

edit post

10 Responses to "Friday 101119"

  1. Hilg Says:
  2. It is GOOD to be back....3 weeks off....lame.

    3 Rounds Plus 20 swings at 58lbs and 1Pd. Pace felt good for being a slug! ;-)

    B
  3. Steve Says:
  4. Picking up the bar, THEN stepping up on the ball would be a lot more impressive.
  5. paul Says:
  6. Somehow, the 170kg OHS 3RM seems more impressive to me. Maybe he fully opens his hips on those (unlike the OHS on the Swiss ball)?

    Still, that's unbelievable balance. I just like strength more than I like balance.
  7. Nick.M Says:
  8. I might have to go to the rec on campus and do this one after work. Looks kinda fun. I apologize to my fellow morning monsters for not being there. I just couldn't make myself get out of bed this morning!

    The swiss ball stuff is great. Is this a clue for some upcoming WODs? I hope so
  9. Unknown Says:
  10. GIMMICK

    I will give the guy props for being able to do it. In my opinion it belongs more in a circus act than a crossfit WOD. From a safety standpoint its even crazier than some of the WODs we do.

    The guy almost wipes out in the video, but was lucky enough to get the weight out in front before dropping it on his head or worse.
  11. Anonymous Says:
  12. Impressive, yes (I'm sure I couldn't do it), but what's the point? To show of in front of your friends? To showcase your circus act skills? I agree with Paul, I'd be more impressed with the 170 kilos for 3 reps than 1/3 of that for 1-ish rep on top of a stability ball.
  13. paul Says:
  14. that was way tougher than i expected. KTEs ruined me. I got 2 full rounds and then found every part of my arm, including especially my grip, way too fried to do any more KTEs.

    nice work, 4:30!
  15. Nate Says:
  16. tough wod today. 3 rds with 20 kb.
  17. Kat Says:
  18. 3 rds + 9 OH squats. The kte's were tough! I started doin em 5 at a time and had to talk myself up to do that many each time!

    Great job 4:30!
  19. Husker4Life Says:
  20. Don't think that should be a staple of anyone's routine, but I bet it does help with stability. Normally I wouldn't care about 'stability' but with ohs stability plays such a huge part. most people can easily squat the weight, but keeping it stable overhead is the tough part. Doing that without a solid base would make you focus that much more on your midline stabilization. Still, pretty sure I wouldn't do it.

Thanks For Visiting!