RSS

Tuesday 101005

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
Muscle-up Skill Development Day

followed up by

for time:
100 Ball Slams, 20#/16#

Compare to 040109.

Post time to comments/LogWod.














Lynn Cover warming up for bench press during a recent strength class.

edit post

8 Responses to "Tuesday 101005"

  1. paul Says:
  2. Very fun day. My shoulders were fried from power snatches, and I wasn't sure I'd be able to do any muscle-ups today. Luckily, I was--thanks to the nice, long warm-up and breakdown of the movement.

    My quads were also fried from yesterday, and so I wasn't sure I could match my old time for 100 ball slams (3:02). But I did: 2:56!
  3. Nick.M Says:
  4. Couldn't quite get myself high enough to do any muscle ups, but I think if I do some ring stuff on off-days I'll get em!

    Got 3:48 on ball slams. Couldn't quite go unbroken so i stopped for a breather at 70 so I could finish the last 30 at a reasonable pace.

    Good Job 5 AMers
  5. Hilg Says:
  6. Good times!

    Summer's over, less beer, better shot at muscle ups....getting so close.

    I'm pretty sure I was getting range of motion on the ball slams....still picking sand out of my hair! LOL 3:25

    Great job 6am!

    B
  7. Kat Says:
  8. soooo I crawled my ass out of bed to join the 6am'ers....glad i did it!
    I dont remember my time...maybe 3:40something?? that sounds right. I still cant do kipping muscle ups but I did get a couple with my feet on the ground a doing a lil jump. One day muscle ups! One day!
  9. Paula Says:
  10. Kat I was shocked to see you walk in this am....nice surpise!

    Muscleups...long way to go, but the holds on extensions are getting better.

    As for the ball slams...last time I got 4:39 and today 3:58, so I was real happy about that.

    Nice work 5am!
  11. Unknown Says:
  12. Trying a little more movement volume since I'm only hitting a 2/1 cycle...
    So I'm covering a lot of stuff during any given day right now..

    Front Squat + Split Jerk... Max
    (Front Squatted the weight first as long as I was able)
    110, 154, 198, 220, 245, 265 (Sq+Jk)
    275, 287 (Missed) (Jerked Only)

    Clean Pulls (Working on keeping my hip from shooting up on the 1st Pull) 4X2
    154, 242 (Warm Ups)
    272, 286

    Supported DB Row 3X6 (50, 55, 65)

    1st Metcon (Gymnastic)- 2 weaknesses
    1 Rope Climb (Floor Start)
    10 Push Ups (Have to be unbroken)
    5RDS (4:36)

    Rested 3-4 mins

    Checked out some row sprint times
    250m X 3 (2-3 mins recovery between)
    1- 44.3
    2- 45.5
    3- 44.7
  13. Eric C Says:
  14. Joe is such a good coach! All he had to do was stand next to me and stare and I was able to do my first.... and second... and third strict muscle ups!

    Then he brought me back to reality by making me do 7 extra slams due to poor depth on my squats.

    107 ball slams 3:22.
  15. BigD Says:
  16. Made up Monday's WOD on base w/90# for power snatches. 13:20 RX'd. DU's slowly coming back...

Thanks For Visiting!