RSS

Wednesday 100929

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
For time:
10-8-6-4-2 rep rounds of:
Power Cleans
Run 100 meters after each round.

immediately followed by,

5-4-3-2-1 rep rounds of:
No Push up Burpee Power Cleans
Run 200 meters after each round.

Post time to comments/LogWod.



















Allison Hinkle pulling herself underneath the bar during a power clean.
_________________________________

This Saturday is the CrossFit Omaha Weightlifting/Met-con Meet. If you haven't already done so, please get your registration sheets to me pronto. We need these by Friday (anyone not belonging to the gym can fill them out at the time of weigh-ins) to help organize the meet. Be ready for a good time and an opportunity to learn a new sport.

Weigh-ins are at 8:30AM. A clinic on the sport of weightlifting will begin at 9AM and lifting will commence at 10AM. This is a learning experience and in no way is it meant for the highly skilled. As a matter of fact, I believe that every person I've talked to has asked me whether they think they are good enough to participate and every time, I have said, heck yes. You can't miss out on a tremendous time because of a little fear.

If you are on the fence about taking part, come talk to me. If anything, you can help out in some way to make it an enjoyable experience for those that are participating. We just want people involved.

And best of all......... ITS FREE!

edit post

15 Responses to "Wednesday 100929"

  1. Unknown Says:
  2. Is the meet free?
  3. Ricky Frausto Says:
  4. Hell yes it's free. We have about 30 people taking part. All levels. I wish there were more. You gotta do it Nick.
  5. BC Says:
  6. This. Wod. Looks. AWESOME! Unfortunately I will have to wait an extra day and make it up on Thursday, the man is once again keeping me down.
  7. Nick.M Says:
  8. Rx'd at around 18:30. Don't remember the exact time. Good Wod though.

    I want to do the meet, but due to the UNO game at 1 have to be there 3 hours early and can't participate.
  9. Mandy G. Says:
  10. Amanda should get paid extra today! She pushed me so hard and motivated me to do weight I didn't believe I could do. The workout was tough, but right now I feel awesome!
  11. Unknown Says:
  12. Okay, I'm in.
  13. ZachR Says:
  14. How exactly do you go prescribed on this workout? What is the weight for the power cleans?
  15. Eric C Says:
  16. 132# is Rx'd Zach.

    At a boy Nick! Way to sack up!

    Good to be back with the morning monsters today. Except I kind of felt like a guest.... : ) Great to see new faces!

    12:10 Rx'd today.
  17. paul Says:
  18. I'm excited to do this one tomorrow! Looks awesome. I'll try to beat your time, Eric...

    Unfortunately, I can't come to the meet on Sat. My parents will be in town.
  19. Hilg Says:
  20. Good to be back!

    13:00 at 110

    Glad I scaled to get back into it.....hoofed over some mountain terrian the past two weeks but that ain't the same as Crossfittin!

    Anyone interested in pictures from an awesome New Mexico archery elk hunt can see them at:

    http://gallery.mac.com/bhilgenfeld

    B
  21. Unknown Says:
  22. Second Day of 2/1

    Snatch Work - 3 Position
    * Muscle, Power, Full Catch
    88, 108, 128, 145

    Front Squat - 5RM
    155, 180, 220, 241 - Equals what I'm supposed to be able to do based off my current 1RM... The last rep was UGLY though

    Post Chain... SL RDL 3X8EA
    40, 45, 50's (2 DBs)

    Gymnastics Weakness
    1 Rope Climb (About 10-12 Ft)
    1 HSPU
    * 1 min Clock *
    Then 1 RC, 2 HSPU... 2 RC, 3 HSPU... Add 1 HSPU on each RD until unable to finish reps in under a min
    .. Coasted through 6 Reps then hit a wall at 7, but still finished the reps in under a min and finally crossed over at 8 reps... Needs a lot of work...

    Going to try to do either a run or a swim tonight...

    Off Day Tomorrow
  23. Allison H :) Says:
  24. oh man - this was not as easy as I thought it would be!!! used 82#, 17:51 - slow moving today, my lower back was not liking the cleans or the no PU burps! enjoyed this one even though I needed to push harder!
  25. ZachR Says:
  26. 13:57 using 154# for the cleans.

    Those 200 meter runs were pretty rough.
  27. Chip Says:
  28. 17:40 using 110#, should have pushed the run more, I can't remember the last time I wasn't sore.
  29. kahrs Says:
  30. 16:16@132 This was a good one for me to get some more running in but it killed me.

Thanks For Visiting!