RSS

Saturday 100814

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
"HOT"
For time:
400 meter run
50 Kettle Bell Swings, 1.5/1 pood
400 meter run
25 DB Push Jerks, 50#/35#
400 meter run
25 Box Jumps, 30"/24"
400 meter run
50 Push ups (new style)

The benchmarks are done. It's time for a change. It's going to be hot so bring water bottles.

Post time to comments/LogWod.



















Adam Brock


edit post

9 Responses to "Saturday 100814"

  1. BC Says:
  2. 18:49 - I scaled the DB push jerks to 35#, everything else was rx'd. Tough workout but definitely what I needed after a not-so-great week at the gym. The best part was afterwards my twins, Maddy and Livy, actually WANTED to mop up all the sweat angels we had left behind. And since I have no problem exploiting my children I let them have at it. Nice work 9am crew!
  3. BC Says:
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.
  5. Gdawg Says:
  6. what are the twins doing sunday afternoons? they wanna take over mopping for me and kat!?!? LOL!
  7. Addi Says:
  8. Twins were cracking me up today. A couple of Livy's gems:

    "I like to eat AFTER I workout. Helps me work up an appetite. I don't even know what that means."

    "I'm pretty strong." (points to flexed bicep) "Check it out."
  9. Paula Says:
  10. Attended the Clean & Jerk seminar today. Wow...learned a lot! Ricky suggested to widen my grip quite a bit which helped me make contact with the bar and then to start in a much lower squat. These tips made all the difference. Thanks Ricky! The millions of reps he had us at a pretty fast pace helped as well because I found myself thinking way too much....if you don't think and just go it seemed to be easier. I have some more work to do with my stance on the split jerk as well as getting deeper. Worked my way up to 114# probably could have gone a bit heavier but I was body said no more...I was exhausted!

    Great work everyone! GOOD TIMES!!!! I love this shit! Can't wait for the snatch next weekend!

    Thanks again Ricky for giving us this opportunity! Great coaching!
  11. Paula Says:
  12. Anyone else going to start the 7 day Nutrisimple test tomorrow besides Dave and I? It is actually ONLY 5 days of strict Paleo eating. I really like the idea of the performance testing...just to see how your eating will effect your workouts. I'm curious...are you?

    Who's in?
  13. BigD Says:
  14. I'm with Paula on this one. I'm very interested to see how a week of strict eating will affect performance.
  15. Unknown Says:
  16. Hitting a Bad Stretch in Training...

    Having major difficulties with matching the depth of my catch and the amount of drive I'm getting into the bar... I either drop to low and have the bar crash on me or wait too long and don't catch it at all... Good thing I'm still a month out..

    Tall Clean... Worked on Higher Catch and riding it down and a quick low catch.. Up to Reds
    Clean and Jerk (90%)
    154, 198, 218, 228
    242 and 248 for my sets over 90%

    Front Squat (2X2 @100%)
    - Yeah gonna try this again on a lighter day... 198, 220, 255, then proceeded to miss my old max each an every time I tried it... When down to 265 which I did for THREE last week and only got ONE rep with that... Call it after that..

    Weighted Bar Dips (25-35#)X6
    KB Swings (70-89#)X9
    Strict Pull Ups X12 (2 Unbroken and did 8,2,1,1 on last set)
    3 Times Through

    Might Head Over To Burke Tonight and Do Some Running
  17. Jake Says:
  18. Paula,

    I couldn't agree more about the seminar. I learned so much more about the mechanics of the lift as well as breaking it down into a progression to improve technique. Not that a CrossFit class doesn't provide some coaching, but 3 hours of dedicated time is well worth the $50.00. If you have any questions and want my opinion just ask (and I'll tell you to sign up for the snatch seminar).

    Thanks Ricky for all the time you put into making this happen for the gym.

Thanks For Visiting!