RSS

Wednesday 100728

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
"Christine"
3 rounds for time of:
500 meter row
12 Body-weight Dead-lifts
21 Box Jumps, 20 inch box

You have 15 minutes to complete the workout.

Burpee Law #1
If you want to leave early from class, on any day, you can do so for a buyout of 100 burpees, otherwise, as you finish, watch others in your class, cheer them on, and provide an experience that you, yourself would want from your brethren. CrossFit Omaha is different from every other gym because we suffer together.

Post time to comments/LogWod.

Visit sicfit.com for more Videos

The workout that started it all. I was amazed at how many athletes struggled with such a remedial CrossFit weight. Muscle-ups are one thing, even though at the games level, no one should struggle with 9-7-5 reps. But snatch?

It's not that hard of a movement, especially at 135#/95#. Look at Speal and what a little technique can do. When it's easier to get more weight up with the power snatch than it is with the full snatch, you have a glaring weakness. That is not normal.

Great job Stacie. Your strength is to be commended but your technique was vastly superior, thus allowing you to finish 4th among all women in that event. That is amazing.

edit post

18 Responses to "Wednesday 100728"

  1. paul Says:
  2. somehow I knew it would be my favorite benchmark today! i am so incredibly sore that I don't know if it's wise to come in. no more time off for this guy! i am working out on my wedding day if it kills me, and doing burpees in the sand on my honeymoon.

    Drinking contest, Eric? You go right for the jugular, don't you.
  3. Shelley Says:
  4. Just saw a segment on Fox News while getting ready for work this morning that featured Crossfit. The owner of one in Virginia Beach demonstrated DU's and thrusters.
  5. Kelli Says:
  6. I'm super sore too Paul. I actually am going to do this tomorrow hopefully. My body is beat.
  7. Paula Says:
  8. I LOVE the "Burpee Law". Staying and cheering on our fellow crossfitters is what makes us different from any other gym in Omaha! I have been on the side of being the last one during the wod and you feel like you just want to quit. When you have people cheering you on it seemed as though I worked harder and faster and even if you DNF'd you still felt a sense of accomplishment and couldn't wait to come back the next day.

    Then there were a few times when people started putting equipment away and leaving and my performance dropped and had the "I suck" attitude. I cried on the way home saying to myself "what was I thinking- I don't belong here". I know it may sound pathetic and whoo is me attitude, but I've talked to others and they have all felt the same sometime or another.

    We that have been there awhile sometimes forget that we have ALL been there.... some more than other (Me). Ha! We all joined crossfit fit for different reasons. There is a wide span of ages and fitness levels at crossfit, but I know we all have one common goal and that is to be the best WE can be.

    To all you newbies out there, we are glad you joined us in the pursuit of becoming stronger and fitter than you ever imagined. There will be ups and downs, good days and bad. But keep coming back and I guarantee you it will be well worth it!

    And another thing....It is very important to log your workouts every time...whether it is here in the comment section or on logwod.
    In order to better yourself you must know how you are progressing. You might not what to because it's embarrassing but it is must. There is not a better feeling to know that the last time I did this wod I did 12 pullups with the green band and today I used the blue!!!

    OK...I'm done now! Can't wait for strength class this afternoon!! Have a great day!
  9. Steve Says:
  10. Agree with the new rule- workout isn't finished until everyone is done.
  11. Mel C Says:
  12. Aww Stace! You rock! And we get a shot of Joe doing some judging!
  13. paul Says:
  14. well said, Paula. it's a good new rule. It is easy to forget what a difference it can make to your performance just to know someone else gives a damn about how you are performing, and wants you to succeed.
  15. Kelli Says:
  16. Paula - you said it! I agree wholeheartedly with everything you said. Every day that I have been back with Crossfit has reminded me why I love this place. And to be honest, community is what counts and its what makes us different.
  17. Alicia Says:
  18. I agree with Paula! I'm about half way through my third month and hearing people encourage me to push forward and finish truly helps. I'm very happy that I joined this group. It has really made a difference and I feel great after each class... a little sore but great :)
  19. BigD Says:
  20. I'm all for the burpee law too. Having the group atmosphere is one of the greatest parts of CFO.
  21. Hilg Says:
  22. Paula, that's incrediblly well said.

    12:20 Rx'd for Christine....nasty girl! ;-)

    Way to go, Pete....awesome display....3rd Round Box jumps unbroken....inspiring!

    Hilg
  23. Nichole Says:
  24. Well said Paula!!
  25. Unknown Says:
  26. Damn... Pulled my hip flexor somehow yesterday and I still cant completely straighten my arms yet after Angie on Sunday so I'm taking an early rest day to see if it goes away and hit up Clean and Jerk tomorrow...
  27. BC Says:
  28. 11:05 rx'd (176#). Nice work 4:30!

    LOVE the burpee law, keep 'em coming!
  29. Pastor Justin Says:
  30. 9:21 rx'd @ 154# so actually it was 10 lbs over my bodyweight
  31. Tovar Says:
  32. Nice work Justin. Next time I'll have a clock to watch and make sure I get ya. :) I broke and dropped the bar 10 reps into my final round of dl's. WEAK moment.
  33. Crystal Says:
  34. 13:12 rx'd w/121#

    i hate rowing!! much happier with this one today. great job 6:30! looking forward to the rest day tomorrow.
  35. Kat Says:
  36. 11:25 Rx'd with 164#
    I loved this wod! I would definately like to do this bad boi again in a few months!
    Gotta work on my box jumps!

Thanks For Visiting!