RSS

Tuesday 100727

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
"Grace"
For time:
30 Clean and Jerks, 132#/92#

followed by,

"Annie"
50-40-30-20-10 reps for time of:
Double Unders
Sit ups

Cut-off for Annie is 10 minutes.

This is a rare double WOD day. Take advantage and get in the gym. These are two opportunities to get on the whiteboard record board. Try and knock off those that have already made the record board.

Watch the video below, can any ladies beat her time? Can any guys? The cut-off for Grace is 6 minutes. If this seems a bit much, then scale the weight because if it were really up to me, I would have the cut-off at 3 minutes. A weight that allows you to push three minutes is intensity. In fact, it's double the intensity of 6 minutes. Think about that.

Post times from both workouts to comments/LogWod.

Visit sicfit.com for more Videos

Check out Brooke, from CrossFit East Sacramento, do Grace. Two things, one, she is keeping technique fairly well and two, who says CrossFitters don't do lateral work?
______________________________________

If you haven't checked us out on Facebook or Twitter, you should consider. Now your favorite gym can be your favorite social media outlet too.
______________________________________

Hey guys, we need to know who is coming to the the party this weekend. There is a place on the whiteboard to sign up your family. We would greatly appreciate your time and community. This is a great time to meet up with friends and hang out. Get to know others better as well.

The fun starts at 6PM and will be hosted by Shoreline Golf Course.

edit post

12 Responses to "Tuesday 100727"

  1. Hilg Says:
  2. Grace 4:38 Rx'd
    Annie DNF but worked on DUs

    Great Job 6ams.

    Getting back from Weekend in Chicago Sunday but hoping to make it out - 50/50 for me and the fam.

    Hilg
  3. BC Says:
  4. Grace, 4:59 @ 110#. Eh.

    Annie, 8:39 rx'd, a full 1:24 slower than my last Annie time (7:15). WTF?!?
  5. Shelley Says:
  6. You had a birthday BC......getting slower with age:):)
  7. Eric C Says:
  8. Grace 4:34 Rx'd. I can't believe how hard the last 15 reps were. I thought I would be at least 1 minute faster. I like the WOD though.

    Annie 6:54 ish. 30 seconds slower than last time. Grace fatigued my core pretty good. Could not rip through situps this time.

    Can't make the golf tournament this weekend. Already golfing with my dad in an annual event. Have fun and have a cold one for me!
  9. paul Says:
  10. I went in with one goal and one goal only: to beat Eric. Mission Accomplished! grace: 4:10 (PR), annie: 6:12 (not a PR).

    This went better than I was expecting. Surprisingly, my quads were so sore during grace that they were more of a limiting factor than upper-body or breath, which is VERY rare for me.
  11. Unknown Says:
  12. LONG.... Lifting day

    Snatch (90%)
    110, 154, 175 - Doubles
    190, 199, 204X2X1 - No Misses (Easy)

    Snatch Pulls
    228-248X2X2

    Back Squat (Russian Squat Program)
    4X2 (255#)- Straight Sets - 2 min clock

    SL Barbell Deadlift- This one blows, a lot harder than expected
    98-108# - 5EA
    SS w/
    HSPU - 3X6 (Unbroken Reps)

    Front Bridge Stability Ball Holds
    (Have to walk feet while holding)
    2X30 secs
    SS w/
    Internal/External Rotation Cable Row
    2X10EA Arm

    Lift plus metcon tomorrow... Everything is feeling strong... Metcons included... Think I might have a better handle on integrating my O-Lifts and Crossfit training... Have to see if I keep PRing on other metcons... Especially main site days...
  13. Steve Says:
  14. Happy with my Grace time of 5:31 Rx'd. Unable to muster up an Annie.

    Congrats to Danielle on her record time... (whatever it was).
  15. Kat Says:
  16. Grace= 3:26 Rx'd
    Annie= 7:02 Rx'd...my shoe came untied during my 40 du and I retied em b4 startin my situps...wonder what
    I would've gotten....when we doin Annie again?? My goal is to beat Danielle...Reba's time is impossible to beat...you girls rock!
    It was nice workin out at 6:30! Great job everyone!
  17. Eric C Says:
  18. @Paul Audi: I see a drinking contest in our future....
  19. Kelli Says:
  20. 77# Grace 4:57
    Annie DNF (I've never been good at Annie...DU's are my worst enemy).
  21. Pastor Justin Says:
  22. First time doing these benchmarks!

    They were fun though.

    4:34 rx'd for Grace
    7:43 rx'd for Annie (du's have been my nemesis but I am getting better at them)

    I was pretty sore from Chelsea yesterday!
  23. Crystal Says:
  24. Awesome job tonight 6:30. I was great to have such a big class. Everyone was busting their butts!

    Grace DNF w/22 reps rx'd. Should have scaled. I was stubborn and said I should be able to finish in 6. Thanks Nick for being right there and pushing me for the last couple reps. When Jon called 5 seconds I wanted to stop but got that last one in, so I was one more closer to that 30 mark.

    Annie- 9:58 rx'd. Only 2:58 over my PR of 7:00. From the start I knew it wasn't going to go well. Double unders weren't there today and I gassed out on sit ups fast.

    Had my ass handed to me today. Somedays I wonder if Crossfit is for me and of course I can say it is. For me it's like having kids, you are tried and tested everyday. Some days it's on your side and some days it isn't. I'll be ready for tomorrow, if I can sit up and move my arms after the last 2 days of WODS!

Thanks For Visiting!