RSS

Thursday 100722

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
Rest Day














The awards ceremony. What a fitting end to the season. I am so proud of Kyle, Addi, Rebecca, Dustin, and Libby. They performed well and demonstrated consistent and dominant fitness.

Kyle carried us through the first workout, the whole team dominated the second workout, Reba cruised through the run workout, and Dustin, Addi, and Reba picked up the slack when I couldn't do what I wanted to do in the final.

You guys are amazing and a pleasure to workout with. It was a dream team of sorts. Congratulations Team Tall.
_____________________________________

Our 2 year anniversary party is coming up quick. The golfing has been moved up to 1pm instead of 3pm so now the party will run from 6pm on instead of 8pm on. This should fit better with most of everyone's schedules since it is a Sunday evening.

We would be honored if everyone could make it out. If you will be gracing us with your presence, will you please put your name on one of the whiteboards? Start a list and let the gym know that you will be helping us celebrate.

I believe there may be some golfing spots available. If you are interested, please let myself or Amanda know soon.

edit post

11 Responses to "Thursday 100722"

  1. paul Says:
  2. Congrats on the squat PR, Hilg! You are a beast, and it was awesome to see you complete that rep.

    I did the one-on-one:
    15-12-9
    24" box jumps
    225# DL
    132# push press

    8:38

    that was a nasty little wod.
  3. BigD Says:
  4. Good seeing 6AMers puttin' in work! Nice PR Brian!
    Did 1RM on full cleans. Got 198 up. 13# jump so I'm happy. Then did a HSPU/DU WOD of 5 HSPU/30 DUs, 4 HSPU/25DUs... all the way down to 1HSPU/10 DUs. 7:04
  5. Gdawg Says:
  6. CONGRATULATIONS TEAM TALL! i'm slowly catchin up on videos from the weekend...you guys are AMAZING!
  7. Unknown Says:
  8. Ricky,

    We should do that "Muscle up/Snatch workout that was in the games.
  9. Addi Says:
  10. Good to be back at noon, even if nobody else was. :) Going to enjoy it while it lasts (today and tomorrow), since strength starts Monday. Can't wait.

    Did Amanda ("that Muscle up/Snatch workout that was in the games") - just barely missed the cutoff - 12:12. Considering the number of DNFs there were on this at the Games, I feel pretty damn good about that. I feel even better now that I'm icing my shoulder with an open beer.

    Then watched Libby crank out the power clean/HSPU workout without breaking a sweat. Damn.
  11. Unknown Says:
  12. Strength + 2 WOD's Today

    OH Squat - 3RM
    110, 154, 198, 220, 243... No Misses
    - Probably should have tried one more set

    WOD 1- Trying to keep the power demand high so I scaled up the box jumps as the reps went down..

    Box Jumps 10-1
    CTB Pull Ups 1-10

    On the Box Jumps...
    - Reps 10,9,8 - All on 36" Box
    - Reps 7,6,5 - All on 39" Box
    - Reps 4,3,2,1 - All on 42" Box
    * Finished in 7:30
    - Broke up my 9 and 10 Pull Up Sets too much and missed my chest on 3 reps... I can and should break 7 mins on this one...
  13. Addi Says:
  14. I'm interested to see how tomorrow's 1RM deadlift is going to be interpreted as a "barbell-less couplet." :)
  15. Eric C Says:
  16. Nick, I agree. I hope we see the muscle-up snatch wod! Looks like fun!

    1RM makeup of the push press 198# 6# PR
    1 RM makeup of the back squat 252# -26# way below PR. I don't think I've done a back squat since my last 1RM last winter. Something to work on!

    Ok Ricky, scratch the muscle-up snatch wod, I need the deadlift-back squat couplet. :)
  17. Eric C Says:
  18. Hilg gets a big PR and doesn't even post????

    Sup with that???
  19. Hilg Says:
  20. OK, lame.......flew to KC and back today so my arms are tired. ;-)

    350# on Back Squat.....27# PR. Was killer pumped. Special shout out to Paul (Hank Haney) Audi for his 'fairway on the 18th hole of a major' advice. "hip" was the swing thought that got me through that PR rep.

    Good times,

    B
  21. Mark Says:
  22. Did a modified version of an oldie but goodie WOD:

    3 rounds:
    5 SDLHP @ 132#
    10 mid thigh box jumps

    Finished in 3:23

    Then I worked on highest box jump possible and got to 20 inch box, 3 reds, 2 blues and a green. It was just below my chest.

Thanks For Visiting!