RSS

Friday 100723

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
Dead-lift 1RM

Find your 1 rep max dead-lift. If you are taking my strength class that starts next Monday, I would encourage you to do this workout.

Post weight to comments/LogWod.













One bad ass &@$#*! (Respectfully speaking, of course)
_____________________________________

We still have golf spots available. Talk to Amanda or myself if you are interested.
_____________________________________

I also have some slots open for the upcoming strength class that starts on Monday. If you are interested, and I know you are, come talk to me. This class is well worth the price of admission. You will learn so much.
_____________________________________

Who wants a gym throwdown in September? Post your thoughts to comments.
_____________________________________

If you aren't following us on Twitter and Facebook, you really need to. This is a great way to find out about what's going on in the gym before anyone else. Don't be left out. Follow or Friend us today.

edit post

25 Responses to "Friday 100723"

  1. Unknown Says:
  2. Deadlifting, baby!
  3. kahrs Says:
  4. I think a Crossfit Total Ladder Competition would be fun.
  5. BC Says:
  6. 328#, 24# off my current 1rm (352).

    6:35 on the mini-metcon.

    I would definitely be in for doing another throwdown, with one suggestion - if there's going to be an open division and a novice division, let's have the novice do scaled versions of the open instead of doing 2 different wods. After all it's all about work capacity and pushing yourself and own limits and capabilities, and in a regular class setting we don't do 2 different wods, we just scale as necessary. That's also how it would work at Sectionals. Just throwing it out there.
  7. BigD Says:
  8. 401# 1RM. PR by 26#! To quote one of my favorite 90's football movies, Place at the table! (or at least the 400# DL list).
    And this was done with good form and under control (no pain afterwards) thanks to Ricky's coaching in the Strength classes. I know I've said it before, but if anyone is on the fence about whether or not to do the strength class, you will NOT be dissapointed! Not only am I getting stronger, my body isn't getting hurt from bad form. Add some good paleo eating in with that and you can't lose.
    6:42 on the metcon afterwards. I liked the quick explanation/3..2..1..Go!
    Thanks for hitting DLs with me Hilg!
    Oh yeah, and as for a Throwdown in September?...Bring it!
  9. Chad Says:
  10. Count me in for a Sept throwdown. Sign up for the strength class people. My 3 rep max bench press during the 6/14 WOD was 195lbs. I hit 7 reps at this weight on 7/20 during the strength class and I'm jacked about it. Killer program, much improved knowledge and technique, 3 x a week busting ass will get you results quickly.
  11. BigD Says:
  12. Oops, in giving praise to the Strength Class, I forgot to mention the coaching of Jimbo helping us get better as well.
    My bad bro!
  13. GregP Says:
  14. #264, no PR today, it just wasn't there, but still way more than I could do before attending the strenght class. Can't wait for the next one to start.

    Thanks Ricky for telling us to come in because when I first glanced at it I almost went back to bed. Good thing I read the whole post.

    I would do the next throwdown, hopefully it isn't one of the weekends I have to travel. I agree with BC on scaled instead of completely different WODs for open vs. novice.

    Congrats to all those who got PR's this morning!!
  15. Eric C Says:
  16. 1RM deadlift =296#. 24# under. You really can't expect to get better at deadlifting by doing situps, or pullups, or anything else.... except deadlifts.

    I am definitely one who needs the strength class....

    It was a fun class this morning! ...and it was hilarious seeing everyone's face right after the first round of the metcon, when Ricky said, "2 more rounds". Freak'n priceless!!!
  17. Tovar Says:
  18. I just had to post a link to the CrossFit.com discussion board site I stumbled across last night. Apparently someone started a thread titled "Your 2010 Crossfit Games Competitor 'Power Trio of Hotness' list. Needless to say there are quite a few guys out there that think the world of our 14th fittest female and her physique. Ha! Quite a few Libby fan's out there too.

    Here is my personal favorite........ "Lauren Plumey and Stacey Tovar ... don't need a third - those two could keep a guy busy for years."

    I couldn't agree more. Got to love those Plumey Plums! :)

    http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=59790
  19. Jess Says:
  20. 174#, not a PR BUT last time we did 1RM DL all I had to do was pull it from the ground and drop it. I am very pleased because I was able to pick it up and control it on the way down so I know I have gotten stronger.

    5:59 for the metcon using 15#dbs

    Great job 6am peeps
  21. Addi Says:
  22. Plumey Plums... ha!

    I, for one, was absolutely scandalized by Omaha's short shorts.
  23. Addi Says:
  24. Heads-up:

    Tomorrow, midafternoonish (I think 3??), birthday shenanigans for the Fostersens, Josh, and me will be beginning at the Rose & Crown pub. (on 20th across from the children's museum - we'll probably be on the patio in back)

    Old Market wanderings to follow at whim, perhaps ending up in Dundee or thereabouts.

    I imagine we'll be out and about until the wee hours of the morning, so give one of us a call or a text to catch up with us!
  25. Crystal Says:
  26. That's awesome Dustin! You crack me up. Better watch out! LOL!

    Addi, the Omaha girls were so much more scandilious than the all the other girls! Really?!! They were just jelous of ya'll!!
  27. Gdawg Says:
  28. HILARIOUS posts on that discussion board...some creepy posts, but mostly funny! you may have some stalkers on your hands though Tovar!
  29. Addi Says:
  30. Last noon class for 8 weeks. :( Good money has it that that will be 8 weeks of no girls on strength days. (I'm looking at you, Lindsey! ha.)

    The bad news is I didn't PR on deadlift. The worse news is I'm still way short of BC's DL.

    The good news is that my pistols at the Games were not a fluke - did 10 today before class and they felt great.

    The better news is that I beat BC by one second on the metcon. 6:34 w/ 30#. I thought my quads were going to explode, but it was totally worth it. (note: it was totally not worth it. My quads are currently swollen to at least double their normal size.)
  31. paul Says:
  32. what was this metcon? boy, i hated to miss today!!
  33. Addi Says:
  34. I think it's still supposed to be a surprise for evening classes...

    suckers.
  35. BC Says:
  36. Oh I see how it is Addi, you call me out 2 days before you start going to strength class, and therefore won't be doing the same wod's as me. Tomorrow. 9am. Winner take all. Nate Dogg and Warren G got to regulate.
  37. Hilg Says:
  38. Now this is how CFO should post.....good stuff.

    385# DL - 33# short of PR...wow. It's all in my technique.....or Crossfit Karma balancing out my 27# Back Squat PR yesterday! ;-)

    Congrats, Dave, on getting on the big board with the 401# DL! As always, great working with ya!

    I'm with Eric C, Greg Mo and I staring at each other with that "we're not done" look...priceless.

    B
  39. Hilg Says:
  40. Now this is how CFO should post.....good stuff.

    385# DL - 33# short of PR...wow. It's all in my technique.....or Crossfit Karma balancing out my 27# Back Squat PR yesterday! ;-)

    Congrats, Dave, on getting on the big board with the 401# DL! As always, great working with ya!

    I'm with Eric C, Greg Mo and I staring at each other with that "we're not done" look...priceless.

    B
  41. Paula Says:
  42. Damn Stacie, you better watch out for that Yahya guy...he has a MAJOR crush on you!!! Libby and Stacie definitely have a lot of admirers out there. That's awesome! Maybe CFO should do its own calender! Ha!

    I'm definitely down for a throwdown next month. Hopefully I can make it to this one!

    Dave, I too can't wait for the next strength class to start! I love them and HIGHLY recommend and encourage those who are considering them. After watching the games I realized it is all about strength and of course don't get me wrong there is some skill involved as well. But, as they say "only the strong will survive"!

    WELCOME TO 5AM CLASS, JESS AND MANDY!!!!
  43. Paula Says:
  44. Oh yeah....A huge congrats to Dave on making the board with your DL PR and Chad's bench PR, and Brian's big jump on back squat! You guys ROCK!!!
  45. Nesbitt Family Says:
  46. This comment has been removed by the author.
  47. Nesbitt Family Says:
  48. 462# DL (PR immediately followed by a very brief, unexpected, nap) ...Thanks for the coaching, Jon!

    Also, Strength Course = Win.

    Great job making the board, Z.I.!
  49. Paula Says:
  50. As Ricky stated Fight Gone Bad is coming and it's on Sept. 25th! Livestrong has officially joined the fight, so now it will benefit anyone with cancer. Good times for a good cause!

Thanks For Visiting!