RSS

Wednesday 100630

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
"MATH"
For the least amount of points, complete:
90 seconds of rowing
30 seconds rest
90 seconds of box jumps, 20 inch box
30 seconds rest
90 seconds of bench press, 88#/63#

Here's how it works:
For the row, you must try and get as close as you can to 500 meters. Whatever is left of 500 meters, is your initial score.

For the box jumps, you must reach 45 reps in order to subtract zero points from your score. If you reach 46 reps, you can subtract 1 point from your score and so on and so on. If you don't reach 45 reps, you will add a point for every rep below 45. For example, if you only reach 30 reps, you will add 15 reps to your initial score.

For the bench press, the scheme is the same except the magic number is 30 reps. Reach 31 reps and subtract 1 point from your score. Reach 29 reps and add 1 point to your score.

You are shooting for a negative score.

Post score to comments/LogWod.

CrossFit Games competitors: Rest Day


Coach Mark Rippetoe talks about the arch during a bench press.

Speaking of Coach Rippetoe, he is coming to Omaha again. He will be hosting a 3 day cert in our very own gym. If you want to learn how to barbell train, he is the go to guy. He and his staff will touch base on the squat, press, dead-lift, bench press, and power clean, along with basic biomechanics and programming. It is well worth the price. Click on the link below to find out more info.

Starting Strength Seminars: Omaha, Ne - August 13-15th

_____________________________________

Sign up for the July 10th competition. We have had about 10 people sign up yesterday and now we are looking for more. It will a lot of fun and it will break the fear of competing you may have. Competing at sectionals next year is a goal that you should strive to achieve and are very capable of doing. Start your prep July 10th.

edit post

13 Responses to "Wednesday 100630"

  1. paul Says:
  2. This looks awesome--I can't wait to do this at 4:30, even though I know it is going to hurt like hell.

    Why isn't anyone posting times? I am very disappointed in your commitment to blogging, people. Granted I am the other extreme, but I post my f-ing by-myself-on-vacation WODs. ENTERTAIN ME!
  3. BC Says:
  4. Yeah! What Paul said! I got your back bro. Any chance you can make it @ 5:30 instead Paul? We can get the band back together & f*** some s*** up!
  5. jakeH Says:
  6. 526 meters on row, 50 box jumps, and 49 bench presses for a total of (26)+(5)+(19)= (50).

    I rowed my ass off to avoid starting with a positive, then did what i could. Everybody was working hard today during the noon weenie roast, oh wait there was one girl. Fun times.

    Get after it Paul. I know you can row.
  7. Hilg Says:
  8. My schedule sucks. I'm in tomorrow and am really looking forward to making this one up.

    B
  9. paul Says:
  10. Thanks for posting, guys! Jake, that's a crazy score! BC, unfortunately I think it has to be 4:30 for me today.
  11. Unknown Says:
  12. Last heavy Clean and Jerk Day... 10 days out from the meet

    Clean and Jerk (90-95%) - Aiming for no misses this time...
    154,198, 218,238,248,254X2X1
    - No Misses, but felt tired
    Clean Pulls (100-110%)
    265-296- 4X1
    Front Squat (Build quickly to a 2RM)
    - 2 min clock
    185,225,245,261 - No Misses

    7 Swings (81#)
    14 Inverted Rows (CTB)
    21 Push Ups
    3 RDS - Again not timed but I'd say around 6-8 mins total
  13. GregP Says:
  14. Did this one after barbell class deadlifting and presses. I didn't make 500 but it was faster than I have rowed before. Only got 32 box jumps, legs didn't want to work too well. I got 32 bench presses for a final score of 39.

    I miss going at 6am, but I am glad Ricky is doing the barbell classes. I think all my lifts are heavier and with much better technique. If any one is thinking about going to the next one, I would encourage you to do so. if you have any doubts about the benefits I bet all the current participants in the first session would tell you to JUST DO IT.
  15. paul Says:
  16. This was awesome--nice work, 4:30!

    508 row, 55 box jumps, 41 BP
    final score: -29

    My chest was KILLING me after this. I knew this would hurt, but I wasn't expecting that kind of pain. I thought I'd be out of breath, but I really wasn't (by crossfit standards, anyway).
  17. BC Says:
  18. 472 row, 46 box jumps, 27 bench press, final score +30. The row is about what I was expecting, I was hoping to get 50+ box jumps but I was way out of breath, and I just plain gassed out on bench. That :30 rest seems like :05! Would definitely like to give this one another go in 6 months or so. Nice work 5:30.
  19. Pastor Justin Says:
  20. 446 row + 75 box jumps + 40 bp's

    I think I did the math wrong in class and on LogWod.

    I really suck at rowing!!

    +14
  21. Kat Says:
  22. 469 row/50 box jumps/41 bench RX'D which is +10

    The row is about what I expected, the box jumps were tough and I'm happy I got more than 45 and THANKS BC for spottin me on bench! You definately got a couple more reps out of me!
    Great job 5:30!
  23. O'Kief Says:
  24. 494 row; 48 jumps; 33 bench = 0.

    Logwod won't let me post 0 so I rounded down to -1 (cause this sucked). However, I felt obligated to post the truth: my score was 0 on Math. And I chopped down the cherry tree.
  25. Crystal Says:
  26. 395 row, 50 Box Jumps, 19 Bench.

    total: 111 rx'd

    Should have scaled the bench. Box jumps were ok. couldn't keep a smooth rhythm today. still trying to improve on the consecutive. row was close to what i thought it would be.

    this one was fun. great job 6:30.

Thanks For Visiting!