RSS

Monday 100510

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
Snatch 3RM

Find your 3RM. You will get a thorough bar warm-up followed by 5 warm-up sets. After the warm-up sets are completed, you will then get 3 work sets of 3 reps. These work sets should be "I know I can", "I think I can", and finally a "that would be awesome if I did."

All work sets will be seen by a coach

Post highest load lifted to comments.


Coach B on Snatch instruction. Watch it over and over.
_______________________________________

Fittest Over 50, by Various - CrossFit Journal [wmv][mov][iPod/iPhone]

Watch Karen and Greg duke it out with the rest of us. Great interviews guys.

Post comments.
_______________________________________

We are taking another order for fish oil. There will be an sign up sheet in the gym starting tomorrow morning and will be there for the rest of the week. I plan on placing the order on Monday, May 17th.

We recommend you paying through your account with us but we will accept checks, so long as they are remitted at the time of signing up. The price per bottle is $23.

We will soon be placing another order for clothing as well. I will notify the gym when a new sign up sheet is created and placed in the gym.

Now and in the future, we will require that payment for CFO clothing and/or gym ordering of any products be paid for at the time of sign up. We recommend that this be taken care of through your account with us but as mentioned earlier, checks will be accepted at the time of signing up for the order.

Thanks very much for your cooperation. (Amanda thanks you very much too.)

edit post

12 Responses to "Monday 100510"

  1. Rita Says:
  2. 63# x 3. Still have tendencies to bend elbows. Not giving up though. I want it to be my favorite lift.

    Paula! Wait to go! You did a great job! I am proud of your big jump today!

    Joe-I am really happy to see you again! The ol' gang IS back!
  3. Gina Says:
  4. I didn't get very heavy today, I have trouble catching in a power snatch instead of a squat snatch, so I stayed light and worked on that. I got 63# 3 times, but kept catching 77 too high.
  5. Addi Says:
  6. Tryout events?


    Love the masters' video! Karen and Greg made it look easy. Karen was a beast with the kettlebell, and Greg easily had the best-looking squats there.
  7. Allison H :) Says:
  8. 58#X3
    wanted to maintain good form and to be honest after over a month off this felt heavy to me. but felt my form was good.
    someday the heavier weight will come!
  9. Paula Says:
  10. 77# x 3- Tried 82# on the set of "that would be awesome if I did" but was unsuccessful! I was very happy with the 77# since my 1 RM a few months ago was 68#. It has to be the paleo!

    Thanks, Rita!! That's right, girl! Don't give up...with your drive and determination you WILL get...SOON!

    Great interview, Karen and Greg!
  11. Gdawg Says:
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.
  13. Kat Says:
  14. I did 99# about 4 times but I couldn't get it 3x in a row. I did 2 in warm ups. 2 the first time Joe watched me then it was all down hill....damnit
    Great job everyone!
  15. Kat Says:
  16. I did 99# about 4 times but I couldn't get it 3x in a row. I did 2 in warm ups. 2 the first time Joe watched me then it was all down hill....damnit
    Great job everyone!
  17. Danielle Ostronic Says:
  18. 68# x3. The movement started to come together on these. I did get a couple at 77# which is my 1 RM, so I am happy with this.
  19. Addi Says:
  20. Not a good day for this lift. Was hoping for 110 or maybe 120, but couldn't even get 104. 97 was pretty damn shaky, too. Just wasn't feeling it. Never got a good set of 3 - my body wanted to power snatch (poorly) once I got past 77, and I couldn't convince it to do otherwise.
  21. Shelley Says:
  22. Did last warm up set at 82# and didn't have time to do actual work sets. These will take a lot of practice/work on technique.
  23. Gdawg Says:
  24. This comment has been removed by the author.

Thanks For Visiting!