RSS

Tuesday 100511

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
5 rounds for time of:
5 Push Presses (154#/104#)
30 Double Unders

Scaled weights are as follows:
132#/93#
110#/77#
88#/53#
65#/33# (newbies)

This workout has a 12 minute cut-off and the bar is taken from the ground.

Post time to comments.



















Shelley, post suicide run and on the ground of her own free will. Only a few moments earlier, Shelley was on the ground too but not of her own free will.


Three darts is too much!................

___________________________________________

Iceland Annie at the European Regionals - video [wmv] [mov]

Annie T from Iceland was only muscle-ups away from maybe winning last year's games. She had never done one before and could only do one at during the final chipper. I think she will be one of the front runners this year.

Check out her chest to bar pull ups during this workout, not to mention the whole workout itself.

Post thoughts to comments.

edit post

22 Responses to "Tuesday 100511"

  1. Ricky Frausto Says:
  2. Keep posting WOD results to LogWod.com. Especially the strength so that you know and can keep track of your progress.

    If you don't have an account, create one and then let me know which email account you used so that I can add you to the gym.

    You won't be able to see our gym wods until you let me know, so that i can add you.

    Great job to everyone who showed up for snatch. Bah Humbug to those that didn't. Hopefully we'll catch you on the next one.

    Ricky
  3. Gdawg Says:
  4. GTL!!!!!! sorry Shelley!!!!!!
  5. Paula Says:
  6. 8:47 with 93# and DU's. Felt I maybe should of/could of gone prescribed! I usually don't go prescribed on these types of wods, but there has been a few workouts lately where I kicked myself afterwards because I felt I should have.

    Great job 5am'ers! Those DU's are looking better!

    Jess, it's been nice to have you in class these past few mornings!
  7. Jess Says:
  8. Awh, Shelley!!! ;u)

    11:31 using 53# (77# was a little too heavy for me)

    I flew through the PP and spent the majority of the time on DUs. Dang it.

    Great job 6am peeps.
  9. paul Says:
  10. 7:16 rx'ed. Good one.
  11. BC Says:
  12. 7:44 @132#. Starting to get numb. gtl
  13. Shelley Says:
  14. LMAO again:)! No worries with the team doctor on board:)
  15. Rita Says:
  16. 7: and something seconds with 77#.

    When I was in it, I knew I could have done 93#, even if I would have had to redo a couple cleans and take a little longer.

    Hard workin' girl, you are, Shelley!

    It's fun to watch you jumping up in weight right now, Paula.

    Vicki: what a blast. Way to go on adding that weight!You're making drastic improvements and it's really fun for all of us to see that in you!
  17. BigD Says:
  18. Going to try this WOD later at a local gym. Headed into Upland CA today and caught a workout with Jeremy and the Crossfit Kinnick crew. Small 6AM crowd (me and one other guy) 5 rounds of 5 deadlifts, 5 hang squat cleans, 5 pushpress, 5 front squat, all with dumbells. Went 40s, 50s, 60s, 50s, 50s for mine. Finished in 14:30. Started easy with DLs, sucked after that. Good stuff though. Hopefully I can make up the snatch WOD Thursday out here.
  19. Eric C Says:
  20. 8:29 Rx'd.

    5 rounds was tooooo muuuuuuch....
    I was cruising til the last round when my push presses came to a screeching halt.
  21. Addi Says:
  22. 5:02 rx'd

    Loved this one. Short and heavy = favorite. Had to use a short rope (too many tall people at noon - we need to cap according to height. or I need to bring my own rope.) but that wasn't as bad as I expected - definitely slowed me down a little, but not much. Push press felt nice and heavy.

    After, worked on muscle-ups for a bit. Strung 2 kipping together for the first time, AND got my first strict muscle-up. And my second, and my third. Much better day than yesterday. :)

    Nice work, noon!
  23. paul Says:
  24. Addi, you disgust me. Are you taking human growth hormone, or are your genes really that much better than mine?
  25. Addi Says:
  26. It's just because you're such a dainty eater, Paul.
  27. Addi Says:
  28. http://www.crossfitwest.com/?p=5327

    Wish I had read this before snatch yesterday. :)
  29. Unknown Says:
  30. 5:05 rx
  31. Unknown Says:
  32. after reading addi's score what i meant by 5:05 is really 5:01. yeah...thats what i got...
  33. Eric C Says:
  34. Holly Molly. I just watched the Annie T video. Her CTB pullups were smoooooooth. Wow!

    It really is amazing to watch people that have perfect form. They make it look so effortless.
  35. Danielle Ostronic Says:
  36. 10:29 Rx'd Glad I went rx'd it was tough but worth it.
  37. BigD Says:
  38. Was able to knock this one out at the local Cardio Fit (nice for a normal gym) Went w/135 (all the had was 45# plates. No 44's) on push press as my shoulders were toast from the AM. 7:45. Was on track for a sub 7 when my damn speed rope broke during my last set of DUs. Never again will I buy the Nike speed rope. Piece of crap handle came apart on me so had to finish the set holding the rope w/no handle. Still a fun WOD.
  39. Addi Says:
  40. Mike, Libby got 4:06... just in case you mistyped again. :)
  41. Unknown Says:
  42. good catch addi- that "4" key is so close to the "5"- thanks for looking out

    4:01 rx
  43. Shelley Says:
  44. 5:35 Rx'd; huge class at 5:30 which was good to see.

Thanks For Visiting!