RSS

Tuesday 100406

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
Rest Day














Zack J, Paul A, D.J. R, and Jake H pressing the earth.

edit post

10 Responses to "Tuesday 100406"

  1. paul Says:
  2. that camera had to have a fast shutter speed to catch me in a stable-looking handstand!

    back squat 5RM: 308

    5 rds
    15 GH situps
    15 ball slams

    untimed, but not much rest.
  3. BigD Says:
  4. Took yesterday off to rest before my PT test on base this morning. Improved my run time by 32 seconds and dropped an inch off my waist since last year. I love CrossFit!
  5. Shelley Says:
  6. Good job Dave!

    Came in before 7:10 CFFB to work on HSPU's. I'm close but still not able to do from floor.

    Did snatch 8 sets of 2 at 77#; still need to work on not jumping too soon or bending the elbows early. I thought a little lighter weight would help, but I still have poor technique.

    Metcon:
    AMRAP of 5 DL's and 10 toes to bar:

    Did Rx'd on both (DL's 219#)

    7 full rounds plus all DL's in 8th round. I did all DL's unbroken and first set of toes to bar unbroken but after that did toes to bar in sets 3/2.

    Great job everyone!
  7. Kat Says:
  8. CFFB 7:10am

    Did snatch 8x2 on the minute every minute. I did my first 2 sets at 87# but dropped to 82# because I felt like my technique was sloppy with the higher weight. The 82# weight I felt much more comfortable and confident in my technique. It's amazing what 5lbs will do!
    Next was the AMRAP 5DL(219#) and 10 toes to bar...
    Those DL felt soooo heavy! I had to drop and reset each rep! I completed 6 rounds and 3 DL into the 7th round. I flew through the T2B surprisingly! It is always fun to try a movement that I havent in months because every since starting paleo I keep shocking myself at what I can do now that I couldn't just 8 or so weeks ago!!

    Great job everyone!
  9. Addi Says:
  10. Attempted to make up the CFFB today at noon. Didn't know it was power snatch, so I warmed up with the full snatch. Should have just stuck with that.

    80-90% would have been 96-108 for me, but my brain has shut down all communication with the rest of my body, and I just barely got through it at 88#. Lame.

    Didn't even entertain the idea of the DL/T2B after. My legs are trashed from all the running yesterday and my knee keeps catching. Today was stupid.
  11. Unknown Says:
  12. Metcon Only Day... Wanted something long and heavy so here we go....

    5 Squat Clean Thrusters (155#)
    25m Sled Push (90#)
    5 Deadlifts (286#)
    25m Sled Push
    4 SC Thrusters
    25m Sled Push
    4 DL
    25m Sled Push
    3..2.. All the way to 1 and then finish with one final sled push to the finish line....
    - 9:25 :)
    Didnt Break Up Any Reps, but had to stop on the sled pushes a few times because the damn sled got stuck on the rubber floor... Sled pushes got HARD!!

    Fun fun.. Lift + 1 tomorrow...
  13. Unknown Says:
  14. All P Snatches at 155 with the last set at 165.

    My back was pinching a bit on warmup sets for deadlift so I stayed light on the metcon at 225#- really dont want to hurt myself.

    Also the neighbor office complained about dropping the weight so i had to deadlift outside and run inside for the T2B. 11 rounds. hands shredded.
  15. Gdawg Says:
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.
  17. Kat Says:
  18. 7:35pm wod
    I worked my way up to 92#x5 reps for the OHS!
    MEgan M and I stayed back and did a modified version of sat's workout. I did
    50 double unders
    3 rnds of 3 GTO (C&J)
    10 box jumps
    40 du
    2 rnds of 3GTO
    10 boxjumps
    30du
    1 rnds of 3 GTO
    10 box jumps.
    Finished in 7 something(forgot the sec.)
  19. Shelley Says:
  20. 7:35 p.m. WOD:

    worked my way up to 99#x5 reps on OHS. took me 2 attempts as first set at this weight I dropped bar after one rep (bar got too far in front of me).

    Looking forward to rest day!

Thanks For Visiting!