RSS

Thursday 100422

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
Rest Day














The following information was taken directly off of Front Range CrossFit's Regional Games website. Looks like we find out team and individual workouts on Sunday at noon. I say we get together for Sunday brunch and find out together. What do you think?


Update


The North Central Regional Games are fast approaching, and we have been hard at work getting everything ready. The Judges have already had six training sessions, with one more two hour session to go. The parallettes are built. The boxes are built. The pullup/MU structure has been built and was used at the Mountain States Sectionals. The workouts have been designed, submitted and approved by CrossFit HQ. Here are the details of the event.

Affiliate Team Competition

As of 4/20/10, we have 30 Affiliate Teams signed up, but we only have 119 of the athletes that make up those teams registered. That number should be 180 athletes. The athlete registration for the Affiliate Team Competition closes at noon on Saturday, April 24th. That is in 4 days. After that deadline, each team will be stuck using the athletes that have registered to that point. That means that if a team cannot field a team of at least 2 men and 2 women, they will be disqualified.

If you originally registered your Affiliate Team, you received a confirmation email with a link to send to your Affiliate Team Members. You need to get that link to your team and get them to register ASAP. You are running out of time.

Individual Athletes

We currently have 108 qualified athletes that have signed up. The registration closes for the individuals at noon on Saturday, April 24th. If you have received notification that you are a qualified athlete, please register by that time.

Individual competitors will be ranked according to their performances at the Sectional Games. So the top five qualifiers from last year’s Regional Games will be ranked 1-5 and then the top finisher from each Sectional will be ranked 6-7, the second place finisher from each Sectional will be ranked 8-9 etc. We will be doing the different events in heats of 12 athletes, with the highest ranked athletes in the latest heats.

Sunday, April 25th
Noon
Affiliate Team Workouts are released
Individual Workouts are released



Thursday, April 29th
5-8:00 PM
Onsite check-in
5-8:00 PM
Heat assignments are released 5:00 PM



Friday, April 30th
8:00 - 6:00
Affiliate Team Comp
Master's Workouts #1 & 2



Saturday, May 1st
8:00 - 6:00
Individual Competition
Master's Workout #3




Sunday, May 2nd
9:00 - 5:00
Individual Comp
9:00 - 1:30
Team Finals
1:30 - 2:30
Individual Women's Finals 3:00
Individual Men's Finals 3:30
Awards Ceremony
4:00

edit post

11 Responses to "Thursday 100422"

  1. Addi Says:
  2. ugh. parallettes. that's what I was afraid of... so many things those could mean... all of which i suck at. :)
  3. Unknown Says:
  4. going to go ahead and open myself up for ridicule here by saying this but...

    i had a dream we were at regionals getting ready for some team oly event and the guy running the competition announced a change of the WOD. he announced some weird country line dancing event which was met with loud cheering by the competitors. everyone but me immediately changed out of their oly shoes into boots and cowboy hats and started dancing. i got the team eliminated immediately due to my lack of skill in country line dancing as i was trying to figure out exactly what was "functional" about country line dancing.

    i think my brain needs a rest day
  5. paul Says:
  6. HAHA! that's hilarious, Mike!
  7. Unknown Says:
  8. I just got chills reading the workout info! I'm ready to go!
  9. Gdawg Says:
  10. Parallettes scare me a bit! Can't wait for Sunday! Where is brunch!?
  11. Danielle Ostronic Says:
  12. Mike, that is one of the funniest things I have read, I am literally crying!! Line dancing is very functional, it gets your heart rate up and a lot of kicking.
    Thanks for making my day!
  13. GregP Says:
  14. I don't know which is worse. Before thinking I had to do 3 workouts and a gazillion pull-ups in one day or the anxiety of them spread over 2 days now.
  15. Kat Says:
  16. Bahahahhaha too funny Mike!

    I'm sooo looking forward to Regionals...I passed up free cookies from Paradise at work today! You KNOW I mean business when I pass up HUGE FREE COOKIES!

    For anyone not able to make brunch, I can pass along any information about Regionals at my place later that day. 4pm to be exact ;) Everyone come and grill out and be social!
    12220 Westover Rd.
    On 120th between Dodge and Pacific.
    You can call me at 402-658-7847 for better directions if you need!
    Hope to see lots of crossfitters there!
  17. Shelley Says:
  18. I'm pumped about Regionals! I'm nervous and excited at the same time which is normal for me.

    I got a good laugh from your post Mike!!!
  19. MeganMcNamara Says:
  20. Sunday Brunch sounds awesome to me!!
    haha Mike your dream was hilarious, but I find NOTHING wrong with country line dancing--I wish that was a WOD!!

    I'm definitely enjoying this rest day :)
  21. BC Says:
  22. Another workout on the road, this time 5 rounds of 200m run and 10 burpees. It wasn't very much fun to do by myself, esp on the top level of a parking garage. But the mixture of concrete and road sand made me learn real quick not to drag my knees on the way up and down during the burpees. No stopwatch (AK-47, Slim Shady and Shelley, can you believe I forgot my stopwatch back home?!? I should have my CF rights revoked) but I'm guessing 10, 11ish minutes, give or take.

Thanks For Visiting!