RSS

Thursday 100415

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
This is a team workout so I need every member that is in town to show up today. You don't wanna miss this one. It's for bragging rights. Who's the top gender in the gym? I expect 20 plus at every class today.

WOD
Gals Against Guys
3 rounds for time of:
40 Overhead Squats (125#/85#)
50 Pull ups (40 reps for gals)
60 Box Jumps (22 inch/20 inch)
70 Double Unders
400 meter run

The rules are:
1. Your team has to finish the exercises in the order they are sequenced above.
2. Your team can not start the pull ups until the overhead squats are completed, and so on.
3. Only one person can be squatting at a time, one person doing pull ups at a time, and only one person jump roping at a time but there is no rule as to how the work is broken up.
4. You can box jump at the same time (1 - 22"/20" box)
5. Your team has to run the 400 together and can not start the next round until both of you have completed the run.
6. Two guys or two gals per team, where possible (Men against Women).
7. There is a 25 minute cut-off.
8. Watch the video below to get a better idea of the workout you're up against.

Certification Seminar Lunch-time WOD [wmv][mov]

Post team and time to comments.























Tara D. pushing through some front squats.


BEING A TEAM.

Today is different. A team workout. A rare occasion to feed off a partner. Use this opportunity to better yourself and your teammate. As a team you are one. No one is better or worse. You are a team. Just do your best. Effort is what creates improvement. Fear is what hinders you from giving your all. Your teammate is there to encourage you and pick up your slack, which you do in return. Lose your inhibitions and become one collective effort for the common goal of doing your best and finishing. Plan a strategy according to your abilities that will provide the most benefit. You have the freedom to break up the reps as you choose, use that to your advantage. So approach today differently, unite with the partner you are given. Put everything you have in to the workout. As long as you give 100%, I promise you, you will not let anyone down.


edit post

15 Responses to "Thursday 100415"

  1. Anonymous Says:
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
  3. Becky Says:
  4. Good luck ladies! I wish I could be there. I'll be home in a week! Kick some boy butt!
  5. Danielle Ostronic Says:
  6. So it looks like we get to use racks!! Sweet. I will be in at 6:30, hope my partner loves OHS :)
  7. Gdawg Says:
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.
  9. BC Says:
  10. Joined the noon group today for a little team torture. Worked with Ryan, we got through 2 full rounds plus 3 OHS, with the OHS scaled to 110#. Rough one. Nice job Ryan.
  11. Addi Says:
  12. Team WOD at noon with Jake H. Did the full 40/45(my weak girly parts)/60/70... finished 20 or 30 seconds after the cutoff. My OHS did not feel awesome (a couple warnings from my knee, but it sacked up and finished okay). My heartrate was a little out of control after the halfway mark, but it was a "fun" one. Nice work, Jake!
  13. Addi Says:
  14. For your non-paleo drinking pleasure:

    http://www.widmer.com/beer_deadlift.aspx

    Putting this on my post-regionals to-do list.
  15. Addi Says:
  16. Masters workouts announced!!

    http://games2010.crossfit.com/blog/2010/04/masters-workouts-announced-all-regionals/

    I promise that this might be my last post today.
  17. Eric C Says:
  18. Love the beer post Addi!

    Sweet WOD today. Closest I've been to visiting Mr. Pukie in a long time. It's funny how working out with a partner can push you (or at least me) to the limit. When I do individual WODs, I THINK I'm pushing myself that hard, but I'm not. Zach J and I were talking about how team/group WODs like this help you get into that last gear. You know, the one you think you are in when you workout solo (at least for me) There are some of you beasts that can push yourself like that every day. And I respect that.
  19. Unknown Says:
  20. Lift + 2

    Snatch (Any Catch)- Triples Unbroken- Can't set the bar down or re-grip
    88, 110, 135, 155, 165, 180 (NO Misses)
    Heavy Supported DB Row 3X12 (55#)
    Sit Ups Holds 3X30 secs

    OPT WOD - 2 min clock
    5 Muscle Ups
    10 Unbroken 225# DLs
    1st RD - 42 secs
    2nd RD- 40 secs
    3rd RD- 42 secs
    4th RD - 59 secs (Missed 2 MU's)
    5th RD - DNF - Hit the wall on MU's for some reason and could only finish two and the DL's

    REST 3 HOURS

    Wanted an all out sprint WOD
    Swings (55#)
    Pull Ups
    Box Jumps (24")
    21-15-9 - 3:29 - Could go faster... Box Jumps just didnt string together fast enough
  21. paul Says:
  22. This was a lot harder than i was expecting. Getting to rest while your partner worked really didn't help much.

    DNF rx'ed with Jimbo. Jimbo, you kicked some serious ass and were a great teammate. I was very thankful for your OHS prowess.
  23. paul Says:
  24. When I say rx'ed, i mean weight--we actually did not do Rx'ed reps.
  25. Gdawg Says:
  26. This comment has been removed by the author.
  27. Danielle Ostronic Says:
  28. 6:30 team wod with Leann! We finished 2 complete rounds, I used 77# on OHS and thank goodness Leann did most of them, as I was having some issues.
    I liked this wod, team stuff is fun.
  29. Kat Says:
  30. 7:30PM wod
    AMRAP tabata 2 min on 1 off of
    5 Deadlift-178#ish
    13 push ups
    9 box jumps 22inches

    I completed 15 rounds and was almost done with my 16th -10 pushups completed! I loved this wod-minus the pushups!
    I am getting better at box jumps and it makes my life a billion times easier! I would love to see this again with different exercises! The 1 min rest really helped me book through the rounds knowing I could work my ass off for 2 min and rest!
    Great job everyone!

Thanks For Visiting!