RSS

Wednesday 100331

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD(s)
A)
3 rounds for time of:
800 meter run
50 Pull ups

B)
3 rounds for time of:
600 meter run
35 Pull ups

C)
3 rounds for time of:
400 meter run
20 Pull ups

Choose your poison. You get only 20 minutes to complete either of the workouts. If you have to use a band for pull ups, you are automatically relegated to workout C. Workout C is also the only workout were you are allowed to scale down the pull up reps even more if needed. The major goal is to finish the workout, as this is where the intensity is and intensity is where the results are.

The runs are as follows:
800 meter run - From middle garage door up to 90th street (stop sign), then down to the farthest side of 88th street, and finally back through the middle garage door.

600 meter run - From middle garage door up to the first tree past the flag pole, then down to the farthest side of 88th street, and finally back through the middle garage door.

400 meter run - From middle garage door down to the farthest side of 88th street and then back through the middle garage door.

Post time to comments.



















How convenient, right?

edit post

15 Responses to "Wednesday 100331"

  1. Jake Says:
  2. Workout C as Rx'd, 11:32. Wasn't sure if I was at 88th street on the 1st 400...slowed me down quite a bit.

    Really great work 6 a.m. Several people tore up their hands, but no-one quit.
  3. Unknown Says:
  4. Did C as Rx. 14:21. Pull ups are really coming along but at the end I was only geting 1 or 2 reps in a row in before dropping down.

    Nice work 5a.
  5. Mel C Says:
  6. I am SO mad I slept in today! Running is something I need to get better at! Definitely doing this on Friday!
  7. BC Says:
  8. Option B in 19:32. 3 rips on my right hand, but at least they all happened in the last round. Broke my pullups up into sets of 5. Nice work 6am.
  9. paul Says:
  10. I hate to say it, but this is a good day to be out of town!
  11. Gina Says:
  12. I did C- scaled with a blue band. Started with a tan, but couldn't do more than 2-3 at a time, so I switched.

    Finished in 17:25- I def. need to work on both running and pull-ups.
  13. Gina Says:
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.
  15. ZachR Says:
  16. Today was my first day back to class after a 4 month layoff due to shoulder surgery.

    B-C Hybrid
    3 rounds:
    600 meter run
    20 strict pullups (assorted bands)

    19:11

    Started with the tan band, then moved to the blue band and finished with the blue/purple band combo.

    Great workout today and I will for sure be sore tomorrow.
  17. Steve Says:
  18. As excited as I am for this workout, I think I'm going to take the opportunity for a long outside run today.

    See you when the weather turns bad.
  19. Unknown Says:
  20. Three days in a row of pull ups for me... Yikes...

    Lift + 1

    Bench Press (1st time I've done it in about a year so don't make fun of my weight)
    135X5, 155X3, 175X3, 195X3 (Hard but could have done a little more)

    Deadlift Partials (Heavy Set of 4)
    ** Elevated on a 12" box, below knee
    265, 330, 375, 395, 415X4

    Cable Row X10 (300#)
    Sit Ups Holds X30 secs
    Bkward BB Lunges 135X5EA

    REST 6 HOURS (Busy Day)

    Metcon - Never Back Squatted in a WOD before so figured I'd try it...
    4 HSPU
    8 Bodyweight Back Squats (185#)
    12 Pull Ups
    ** 10 ROUNDS **
    - All sets must be unbroken to count
    - 15:23- All Unbroken, No misses
  21. BigD Says:
  22. Opted for Charlie group this morning. 14:38 as RX'd. Running and pullups getting a little better. Awesome job 6AM.
  23. Nate Says:
  24. 18:36 rxd for A. Hopefully no pull ups for a bit, my hands are extremely ripped. Awesome wod though.
  25. Jen H. Says:
  26. C finished in 15 with the blue band. Feeling a lot better about pullups and will hopefully move bands next time.
  27. Addi Says:
  28. Did a version of Tuesday's .com workout:
    7 rds of 3 front squats @ 125, 200m run
    (Stabbed my hand Tuesday afternoon, so I'm trying to stay away from anything with grip for a few days.)

    My arbitrary goal was sub-15, and I finished in 13:43. I'm arbitrarily happy with that.

    Tried to push the runs and keep a strong back at the bottom of the squats. I think I was successful with the squats. I always run hard the first and last round - it's those damn middle rounds where I slack off a little.
  29. Danielle Ostronic Says:
  30. Did B in 19:32 Rx'd.

Thanks For Visiting!