RSS

Thursday 100318

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
Rest Day



















In Dave Paladino's own words, "Here is a pic of me on the great wall doing a handstand. My form is actually getting better. I am in Beijing China this week to teach a class to Chinese CEOs on ethics in management."
__________________________________

Reminder that there are no Saturday classes this weekend. We will be hosting a try out for our CFO team that will represent us in Denver. You are encouraged to come out and cheer on our competitors. We will have at least 6 guys and 9 gals competing. I'm sure they would love a cheering section.

The workouts begin at 8AM and will go until completed. I am hoping to get them all in by noon. We will also be holding the second half of the tryouts on Sunday morning, starting again at 8AM and going until done.

We will have open gym for those that want to get a workout in immediately following the competition.

edit post

9 Responses to "Thursday 100318"

  1. Jess Says:
  2. Not alot of us at 6am (5 to be exact). I had all intentions of doing yesterday's WOD (I heart running) but decided I needed to work on some of my weaknesses so I did Monday's WOD instead with Eric C.
    OMG, that one sucked. I DNF, used #53 for thrusters, had 7 burpees and 15 DU's left when time was called.

    Great job 6am peeps-GregMo, Eric C, Greg P, and new guy(???) ;u)
  3. Unknown Says:
  4. Made up Monday's WOD with the thrusters at 5a. Jesus I suck at those. Scaled down to just trainers and did 120 per round single unders. Finished in 17:53. Pushed hard at the end. Amanda, thanks for being there for all two of us this morning. I've got to work on DUs.
  5. Danielle Ostronic Says:
  6. Ladies, and Eric, if you are interested in Belly Dancing tonight meet at Motion 41 Dance Studio (2918 S 125th Ave near Westwood Plaza Cimena, and Captiol Hair School) at 7.

    I have heard this is a great work-out and the teacher somewhat challenged me by saying nobody can take this class for more than 2 hours, we shall see about that.

    Anyway bring comfortable clothes, and $20. Questions 981-0369.
  7. Shelley Says:
  8. See you tonight Danielle! And, Eric if you come, it's got to be in belly dancing uniform:)
  9. Eric C Says:
  10. Haha! Would love to come, but I forgot today was the best day of the year! 1st round of he NCAA tournament. It's basketball ALL DAY for me. I'm never sick. I rarely take vacation. I will celebrate all day! If you can't go to Vegas for March Madness, you go to DJ's Dugout.

    Danielle, bring your belly dancers over here! I'm sure the guys would appreciate the entertainment. :)

    PS. northern Iowa is my 'lock of the day'. BOOK IT! :D
  11. Addi Says:
  12. Played with muscle-ups today - 1 per hour seems to be about all I can muster anymore, but at least I can (kind of) do them again! Was going to work on HSPUs as well, but they were bothering my shoulder a little, and they were WEAK.

    Also, Whole9 (Melissa Urban) posted this fish oil calculator to find your daily dose, based on Robb Wolf's recommendations. EASY.
    http://whole9life.com/fish-oil/

    Turns out, I'm not taking enough. Shocking.
  13. Allison H :) Says:
  14. Effeing sweet pic today!!!

    So I am feeling much much better today, coughing is minimal, so I felt I need to get out and enjoy this weather and feeling good... it was a busy day! I got a little crazy!

    I Ran 13 miles around lake zorinski (used a porta-potty out there!!! gross!!)

    went to 4:30 and made up monday's wod, scaled thrusters to 53#. double unders were every other jump and went fast and felt awesome! i felt much improved on these today, maybe it was the run prior to, or just that i had taken a big break from working out? i just felt good about them today!!! thrusters were killing my legs post run! time called when i had 5 double unders left, finished them after time anyways... i rested too much during this wod i know, and it was mostly during thursters i would say because of the jello leg feeling thing. but i loved it, and being able to push through it even though my body was saying ENOUGH!

    then stayed after to get my swing back and did 10 sets of 5 pullups. rested a few between each. Felt like form was good, and felt strong like i could have done more than 5 at a time for sure or even a few chest to bar!

    man being sick sucks because you can't workout as hard, or even at all... but when you are better and back at it again, it feels so amazing! Today was my kind of day!!!! :)
  15. Anonymous Says:
  16. My WOD via Jon Day:
    200m run
    8 pull ups
    8 push ups
    20 double unders
    7 pull
    7 push
    200m run
    6 pull
    6 push
    20 DU
    5 pull
    5 push
    200m run
    used green band for pullups tan and purple for first set of push ups then just tan. couldn't get any DUs that second set :( finished in 21 something.

    WOD 2 via Tony
    biked 3.75ish miles (to hyvee and back home). good times.
  17. Rita Says:
  18. Ran a little 3 miles around the Old Market and the Con Agra lake, running stairs, jumping on park benches and picnic benches and retaining walls along the boardwalk. It is so great to have sunshine. Wow, there's a playground out there! Especially dodging the wrestling fans.....

    Paula and I had a training session with Amanda this morning on the Snatch. She videoed us, a helpful tool. It was really cool to watch what we were practicing. It helped to break the video into slow motion to really see the details that make the difference between a lift from point a to point b (these are mine currently- and I'm not very svelte, at that) to a really beautiful lift (these are NOT mine, YET....but they will be.

    Way to go, Paula! Your lift looked so awesome today - it's been great doing these training sessions with you!

    Hey everyone - it's worth the money to buy training sessions with the coaches. Paula and I were lucky to train with Ricky, Jon and Amanda in the 12 sessions we shared in the past 6 months.

Thanks For Visiting!