RSS

Monday 100308

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
Hang Squat Snatch - 3, 3, (3 reps) x 2 sets (same weight)

utilize 2 or 3 warm-up sets prior to attacking your work sets. These are to be performed with a solid weight for 3 reps, a good size jump for 3 reps, and finally another good size jump in weight that is challenging for 2 sets of 3 reps. Rest adequately between sets.

followed by,

3 rounds for time of:
50 meter sprint (82 feet there and back)
10 Burpees
7 Power Snatches (132#/87#)

Post snatch weights and met-con time to comments.














Paul Antoniak hitting the sit ups.
_________________________________________

Reminder that there will be no 4:30PM and 5:30PM classes this Friday in preparation of the St. Patty's Day WOD. The workout will begin between 7:00 and 7:15PM. All teams will begin the workout at the same time. You and your team are encouraged to be at the gym by 6:30 for payment of entry fee and workout area designation.

Make sure that your team has green knee-high sock of some sort for the workout as this is a requirement. They may be clovers, leprechauns, pot o gold, etc on the socks as long as they are green.

edit post

13 Responses to "Monday 100308"

  1. Rita Says:
  2. Hang Squat Snatch: 63#. New PR, too. Up from 39#.

    Met con 4:55, scaled snatches to 53#.

    Terrific pic, Paul!
  3. Shelley Says:
  4. Hang squat snatch: 77#

    Met con: 6:52 Rx'd; power snatches seemed easier in 2nd and 3rd rounds. Hope to have a new 1 RM PR on this as right now it's only 97#.

    Great job 6 a.m.

    Welcome Stacie!!
  5. Jake Says:
  6. I've had a sore right shoulder since the overhead squats last week, but today seemed to loosen me up.

    Welcome Stacie! It's good to see you at CFO.
  7. paul Says:
  8. DNF! two in a row. but this one was DNF rx'ed, so I'm happy. I've never done power snatches at that weight in a WOD before.
  9. Hilg Says:
  10. Hang Squat Snatch at 110 and running out of gas.

    Scaled the Metcon to 110# and finished in 6:43.

    Tried to visualize my Burpees with 4-5 beers on board....ohh boy!
  11. Gina Says:
  12. Hang squat snatch: 77# these seemed really hard today

    Metcon-scaled to 77#- finished in 8:10. Those burpees were terrible, I am getting concerned about Friday's WOD.

    BTW- if anyone is still looking for socks, I saw some knee-high St. Patty's Day socks at Target last week for $5. They were women's sizes, but might fit some guys anyway.

    Welcome to class Stacie, always good to have new people at 6am!
  13. MeganMcNamara Says:
  14. Sad I won't be in for the next few days...hopefully back by Thursday or Friday. I had my wisdom teeth removed today and I'm feeling pretty good but I also just took my pain meds ha

    This morning I went to 6 AM:
    Hang squat snatch: 99#
    Met con: 6:29 rx'd
    Had fun with the 6 AM crew--yall are great!

    I'll be thinking of you guys while I"m sitting on the couch!!
  15. Allison H :) Says:
  16. snatch snatch snatch!!!
    why must we torture each other!?

    53# best form 3x2, 58 and 63# were a hot mess 3x2 - so stuck with 53# for metcon. loved the sprints and burpees... power snatch is better than squat sntach! fun times today nooners! 7:35 i think? moved slow on the power snatch fo sho
  17. B3nj4m1n Says:
  18. Got up to 110 on hang squat snatch. Metcon 6:08 at 110. Great job 4:30! It was nice to see the new family: Joe, Libby, and Cruz today!
  19. Stacie Says:
  20. Hang snatch squat 98 x 3 x 2

    Metcon 4:55 rxd
  21. Addi Says:
  22. Hang squat snatch - 88 x 3 x 2
    These felt really good today - should have gone heavier, but the good Dr. Fostersen had just put everything back where it belonged, and I didn't want to knock it all out.

    Metcon - 5:02 rx'd
    Loved this one - probably could have gone faster on the sprints and burpees, but wanted to make sure I didn't have to rest on the PS.
  23. Danielle Ostronic Says:
  24. Hang squat snatch: I really dont know what happened. I think I warmed up with too much weight, 53#. So that when it came to put more weight on, it really wasn't moving anywhere. I ended up with 64 but couldnt beat the clock, so I basically got one full set at that weight.

    Metcon 5:56 with 68#.
  25. Kat Says:
  26. I got 77# for the hang squat snatch....I don't wanna talk about it.

    Metcon: 6:41 with 77#...Started Rx'd but my shoulder and wrist are still hurtin so I instantly dropped the 10 lbs after the first attempt. I can't wait to be back to 100%!!
    Great job everyone!

Thanks For Visiting!