RSS

Friday 100326

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
"Nancy"
5 rounds for time of:
400 meter run
15 Overhead Squats (98#/68#)

Post time to comments.


Wonderful stuff right? Let me ask you one question though. Are any of these lifters in a shoulder shrugged position when in the overhead squat?

Post thoughts to comments.

edit post

16 Responses to "Friday 100326"

  1. Paula Says:
  2. 19:(37)?- Rx'd on OHS, but sub rowing for running due to my nagging ankle. Although OHS after rowing is not fun cuz you use so much of your upper body. I tried to primary use my legs, but easier said then done.

    Rita, I'm so proud of you going prescribed on OHS...they used to be such a weakness for you...
    You go girl!!!

    Jo, glad to have you join us early birds!! You killed this wod!! Awesome job to all at 5am!!
  3. paul Says:
  4. Nice work, 6am!

    This went much better than I anticipated. I used 88# but got all sets unbroken and finished in 17:29. Given what a weakness OHS is for me, I am pretty happy with this.
  5. Rita Says:
  6. 19:36 rx'd.

    Thanks for being in our class today, Jo!

    Great work everyone, 5 am!
  7. Shelley Says:
  8. I'll have to make this up on rest day. I've been out of town since yesterday morning. I can't really say I'm looking forward to OHS, but I know I need to work on my weaknesses:)

    Sounds like you guys/gals have done awesome with this one!
  9. BigD Says:
  10. 20:47 with scaling OHS to 88#. Did a few reps with 98# on warmups and couldn't get the stability down. I did way better on this than I thought I would. Did not break up OHS squats once, which is a huge thing for me. And my running was better. Hate to admit it, but I think switching to a more Paleo diet is helping. I know it's only been a little over a week and I'm still not 100% Paleo but I feel much better and not as sore after the WODs. Hope it keeps getting better.
    Awesome job 6AM!
  11. Jake Says:
  12. 21:55 scaled to 88. The overhead squats really slowed me down, I need to power through them next time and not set the bar down. I felt like I lost 30 seconds every time I did. Running wasn't great either, my cardio is pathetic.

    Great work 6 a.m. Way to kill it Greg Mo.
  13. Eric C Says:
  14. Good workout today! I scaled to 88# and finished at 17:47 or so. Broke up all the sets but the last one. I had to do the last set unbroken because Paul Audi wasn't breaking his sets up. I think Paul and I should definitely try Rx'd next time.

    Greg Mo and Megan 'McBadass' crushed this one. Just another reason they are competing in Denver.
  15. Steve Says:
  16. If I can't make it in today, I'd like to make this one up tmrw.
  17. Mel C Says:
  18. I can't make it in today so I am definitely doing this on a rest day because these are two things I really need (and want) to improve on!
  19. Kat Says:
  20. I can't make it in today but I can't say I'm sad about it....OHS are by FAR the WORST!!!! I will make it up unfortunately but I gotta face these demons at some point! God, who the hell invented OHS!! I'd like to meet him and then then kick him in the shin!
  21. Addi Says:
  22. 14:23 rx'd

    OHS was unbroken... the last 5 was always tough going. Running felt pretty decent today, but I have a hard time pushing as hard as I should on the 400s. Thanks, Libby, for making me run harder!

    Then, in the buy-out, I got EIGHT STRICT HSPUs!!!! Finally. 3 sets of 2 and 2 singles. Holy hell, I'm excited. It's a good thing I'm doing the paleo challenge, or I'd go on an epic celebratory beer/lasagna binge and ruin it all. :) Instead I'll make bacon. Almost as good.
  23. Stacie Says:
  24. That a girl Addi! Keep up the great work!!!
  25. paul Says:
  26. Congrats on the HSPU, Addi!

    Must you continue to be stronger than me?
  27. Addi Says:
  28. Start ordering the big-boy meals, and you might have a shot at catching up. :)

    Kidding. You're a beast, Paul. And the original CFO muscle-up monster.
  29. paul Says:
  30. You'd be proud of me, Addi--yesterday I ate a ludicrous amount of lamb. I highly recommend to everyone buying ground lamb and grilling lamb-burgers. sooooooo delicious.
  31. Danielle Ostronic Says:
  32. 17:38 with 53#. Did 2 sets of OHS unbroken.

Thanks For Visiting!