RSS

Wednesday 100224

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
Back Squat (Low or High, your choice)

You have 12 minutes to find your 1RM for the day. Once the time is up, take the number from the highest load you successfully squatted and multiply it by .9. After two minutes of rest, try and complete as many reps unbroken as possible with this weight.

followed by,

Box Jumps x 3 x 5 (exercise x reps x sets)

Start at a certain height and then go up for every set thereafter. You may not use the same height twice. Try and finish with the tallest height possible. Rest a few minutes between sets, whether you feel you need to or not.

Post 1RM and total reps with 90% as well as the highest you jumped for 3 reps to comments.














Melissa Beckmann in London of all places. Lucky, lucky gal.
________________________________

If you haven't already, sign your team up for the St. Patty's Day WOD. We need this done absolutely no later than March 5th. Teams that don't make the March 5th dead-line will not haves shirts ordered for them.

Money will be due the day of the event along with a minimum of 4 canned goods which will be donated to the Omaha Food Bank.

edit post

19 Responses to "Wednesday 100224"

  1. Jake Says:
  2. 265# low bar back squat max
    235# x 2

    3 reds and a green for box jump.

    Great work today 6 a.m.
  3. Shelley Says:
  4. 231# on 1RM low back squat; failed at 251# as I got stuck on the bottom. No PR today.

    209# x 8 reps; got stuck on bottom of 9th rep

    24" box plus 2 reds, blue and green on box jumps

    Great job Amanda running the class this morning.

    I see consecutive box jumps in the near future for Gina. Good job today!

    Is the sign-up sheet going to be posted soon for the Niobrara trip in August? Didn't see it on the board.
  5. BC Says:
  6. Low bar back squat, 264#x1, 12# pr. 90%, 235#x3.

    Box jumps, 24" box w/ 4 reds & 1 green.

    Fun wod today. Great job 6am!
  7. Fish Says:
  8. High bar back 264# new PR, 90% 235#x6. Box plus 4 blues on box jumps
  9. hannah eileen Says:
  10. has anyone signed up the old dudes and hot chicks yet?
  11. Eric C Says:
  12. @Hannah. We are signed up.

    SWEET pic Melissa!

    See ya'll next week.
  13. Hilg Says:
  14. Amanda, way to run a tight ship for 6am today...I need to be out early, thought I wouldnt' get to jump, and I was able to get it all in because of your leadership!

    323# X1 (New PR by 5#)
    290# X 4 (Last one was tough!)

    B
  15. Gina Says:
  16. Low bar- 168 x 9
    I got to 187, not a PR, but my shoulders were tight from yesterday, and I felt like I was having trouble holding the bar.

    New PR on box jumps, 20" box with a yellow plate on top (23"?)

    Great class this morning!
  17. Unknown Says:
  18. That pic should get sent to the main site
  19. Donohoe Says:
  20. I did 330 for a single then time ran out. Finished with 280 for 10 I think my math was off but either way it was a good day.
    I finished by jumping on the wooden stack once.
    Donohoe is out....
  21. Jenni Says:
  22. Today was a massive day for me at CFO. First, did 134# 1RM which is a 14 lb PR. Did 8 reps at 90%.

    Box jumps - I have no idea. I think I did the box, red and a green? The fear can be overwhelming.

    Finally, at the end of class, I got pullups. A year and 3 months after I began Crossfit, I got pullups. I also promptly lost my grip and fell flat on my ass, but I don't care because I can do a pullup!
  23. Rita Says:
  24. Because my weekly meeting at work was cancelled, I got to go to the 4:30 class today - the time I went to when I started CFO. Great to visit it again - it's frickin' HUGE now!

    Low back squat 158# - up from 131#. Was just about to go up and ran out of time.

    Did 15 reps at 142#. Prolly means my 1 RM is low? Eh....next time...

    Box jumps-2 red and 1 green. I'm scared shitless of these things so I'm a little slow about getting the height, but I'm still jumping higher and higher. I'll take it.

    Jenni - way to go on your jumps and pullups! I'm thrilled for you!
  25. Stacie Says:
  26. Congrats Jenni! Those pull ups looked darn good girl :)
  27. Gdawg Says:
  28. This comment has been removed by the author.
  29. Gdawg Says:
  30. This comment has been removed by the author.
  31. Unknown Says:
  32. Jenni, congrats on the pullups and the 1 rep max back squats.

    New PR on the back squat at 134# for me as well. Did 119# for 10 reps.

    Box jumps: 20" + 3 reds + 1 green; freaked out with 2 greens.

    Thanks for the encouragement today, Rita and Jenni!
  33. Anonymous Says:
  34. 131# did 119# for 4 squats. Box jumps scare me! I didn't even think I could do 20'' when I started today! Turns out I can do 24'' and a yellow. Shot for a yellow and a green and totally ate it, and then I was scared to keep going! GREAT job 430!
  35. Iron Nerd Says:
  36. First time doing a 1RM for back squat, so it's a PR! 280#, then went to 252# but only did 1 rep. I wasn't ready in my mind (252 is still pretty darn heavy...).

    Then 24" box with 2 reds, a yellow, and 3 greens. Thanks for the motivation 5:30!
  37. Danielle Ostronic Says:
  38. 173 for high low back squat. This might be a PR for me.

    Box jumps I got riser, red and green. Couldnt muster the courage to do the yellow, even after I saw Karen do it. That is why she is going to dominate in Masters!!

Thanks For Visiting!