RSS

Thursday 100225

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
CrossFit Omaha would like to welcome and introduce:

Cruz Patrick Westerlin

Born on February 25th, 2010
Weight: 7 pounds 1 ounce
Height: 21 inches


WOD
As many reps as possible in 10 minutes of:
5 Power Cleans (154#/110#)
10 Pull ups

After two minutes of rest,

As many walking lunges as possible in 2 minutes.

Your final score would be how many reps you completed both within the couplet and the walking lunges. For example, if you completed 5 rounds plus 2 cleans and then 80 lunges, your score would be 157.

If you have to use bands in order to do pull-ups in a workout or you struggle with doing more than two at a time, you will substitute jumping ring pull-ups for this workout.

Post score to comments.



















Congratulations to Jen Duffey who got her first pull-ups last night and in the process, fell off the bar. Great job woman. You are improving by leaps and bounds these last few weeks.

edit post

44 Responses to "Thursday 100225"

  1. Anonymous Says:
  2. Jen, I want to be the first to say, AMAZING PICTURE!!! You did awesome girl! You got two in a row and then just flew off from excitement! I understand, I would have done the same thing!
  3. Rita Says:
  4. Jen, congrats!!!! I am so proud of you. There is no other feeling than when you FINALLY overcome that weakness!!!!
  5. Jenni Says:
  6. Thanks for posting the worlds worst pic. Even though I'm a total klutz, I still got a pullup. Maybe someday, I'll do them with grace :)

    thanks to everyone for the support and not making me feel even more embarassed for falling on my ass!
  7. BC Says:
  8. Best. Picture. Ever.

    142 total reps today, rx'd-5 full rounds of cleans/pullups and 67 lunges. The cleans/pullups went better than expected, and the 2 min of lunges just flew by. Nice wod.

    As a reminder I will be placing the latest apparel order after the 6am class on Monday. You have till then to get an order placed for this go-around. Plus all new apparel items are in the works, including brand new t-shirts (new designs AND different shirts), shorts and even a few surprises.
  9. Shelley Says:
  10. 182 total reps Rx'd.
    88 reps on cleans/pullups and 94 lunges. Cleans felt easy; pullups were sets of 5 for first round and a half then mostly 3's and even some 2's. Lunges felt good.

    Good job once again 6 a.m.!
  11. paul Says:
  12. Congrats, Jen--AWESOME picture!
  13. Hilg Says:
  14. Lunging through the St. Louis Airport....just kidding about the lunging part but I am clean. ;-)

    Will do this one tomorrow...makeup day.

    B
  15. Jake Says:
  16. Great picture. I think several of us took some spills yesterday!

    157 reps (132# cleans).

    6 rounds + 2 reps of Cleans and pullups.

    65 walking lunges (and I felt every step).

    Good work 6 a.m.
  17. BigD Says:
  18. 126 reps. Rx'd on cleans. Got through 5 rounds of those and 4 on pullups before time was called.
    Great to be back!
  19. JonD Says:
  20. Congrats Jen, you have come along ways with pull ups and thats awesome you got 2 in a row. That just shows the desire you have to get better!

    On a side note, anyone see the evil smiles that steve and mark have in the background!
  21. Danielle Ostronic Says:
  22. That is such a great picture Jen!! Congrats on your pull ups. glad they didnt bring you down...oh wait :)

    Very excited that little baby Westerlin will be here soon!!
  23. Rita Says:
  24. 160 reps.

    75+3 reps on cleans (99#) and jumping pullups

    82 walking lunges

    Thanks for helping with the cleans, Amanda. Today, I just really wanted to stop bending my elbows and muscling half the time by doing them right: shrugging shoulders, extending, meeting the bar and catching fast with my elbows high. After the workout and I was tired, I decided to practice a few more cleans before putting it away. Knocked out 4 cleans perfectly correct and swiftly. Amanda's face of happiness was precious. Her comment,"You certainly met the bar." Good day at the office again.

    Great job, 5 am! Paula, your cleans are beautiful!
  25. Unknown Says:
  26. Go to the games site and watch the Montoya guy's athlete profile video...just weird

    http://games2010.crossfit.com/
  27. Unknown Says:
  28. congrats Joe and Libby!
  29. Stacie Says:
  30. CONGRATS JOE & LIBBY!!!

    Hope all went well... can't wait to see lil Cruz!
  31. Greg MO Says:
  32. CONGRATULATIONS JOE AND LIBBY!!!!!!!
  33. Tovar Says:
  34. Congratulations Joe and Libby!! I hope he looks like mom. Ha!:)
  35. Shelley Says:
  36. Congrats Joe and Libby!!
  37. Kat Says:
  38. CONGRATS JOE AND LIBBY!!! Watch out for Libby kicking all our asses in the WOD's while feeding Cruz!

    Nice job on the pullups Jen!!!!
  39. paul Says:
  40. Congrats Libby and Joe! I'll be curious to know if he learns to walk on his hand or feet first.
  41. Crystal Says:
  42. Way to go Jen on the Pullups. I love the pic!

    CrossFit is growing! When do the kids classes start!! LOL!
  43. hannah eileen Says:
  44. Congrats Joe and Libby! I'm sure he's a doll!
  45. O'Kief Says:
  46. Congratulations Joe and Libby!
  47. Danielle Ostronic Says:
  48. Congrats Libby and Joe, what a blessing. We need a picture ASAP.
    I heard Gabe is a very proud Big Brother :)
  49. Blog on Life Says:
  50. Danielle you make me laugh haha. Gabe is going to be so protective! :o) Congrats Libby and Joe!!!! I bet he is precious! Jen, CONGRATS! At first I thought they caught you in the middle of kick skipping!
  51. BC Says:
  52. I just heard a news story about a newborn baby challenging all the nurses and doctors to a muscle up contest. Weird.

    Congratulations!
  53. Brandon Says:
  54. Congratulations Joe & Libby! Did the baby come with an Abmat and red volleyball shorts? haha :-)

    BrandonB
  55. linds Says:
  56. Congratulations Joe & Libby!! Hope all is well and I can't wait to meet Cruz!

    WOD= 88 reps Rx'd + 80 lunges = 168
  57. Danielle Ostronic Says:
  58. If anyone is interested you can get a Free Nordic Natural Omega 3 Sample Kit by emailing samples@nordicnaturals.com or call 800-662-2544 x317. Leave your name address and how you heard out it (I saw it in better nutrition magazine).
    1000 people get 3 single serving samples including Omega-3 Purified Fish Oil and Childrens DHA.
  59. Paula Says:
  60. CONGRATS JOE AND LIBBY!!!!!

    And congrats to you too Jen on the pullups!! I LOVE the picture....definitely a classic!

    160 reps - 95 of cleans/jumping ring pullups and 65 lunges!!!

    Great job on the cleans, Rita!!! Looking good!

    Awesome work 5am!!!
  61. Addi Says:
  62. Congrats, Joe and Libby!

    Jen, that picture is bad-ass.

    7 rds + 5 cleans, 67 lunges. Could have done more cleans touch-and-go, but I would've spent all my saved seconds waiting for my pullups to come back. Just in case anyone's keeping track (and I know you are), I still hate bodyweight exercises.
  63. BigD Says:
  64. Congrats Joe and Libby!
  65. Jenni Says:
  66. Congrats Joe and Libby! We all can't wait to meet him :)

    I'm stuck at work late today and won't make it. I'm looking forward to making this one up tomorrow.
  67. Allison H :) Says:
  68. CONGRAT-U-LAAAAYTIONS LIBBY & JOE!!

    Also... CONGRATS to JENNI!!! First pullup waaay awesome girl! Freeze frame pic of falling - priceless! Definately a scary feeling though... I fell during our last Fran. But then you just get back on the bar because thats how we do at CrossFit O! Great work Jenni!

    See all ya'lls tomorrow when I make up todays!
  69. Steve Says:
  70. Congrats Jen.

    And congrats to Libby and Joe!

    151 total for today, as rx'd.
  71. Unknown Says:
  72. Congratulations Joe and Libby!!

    129 for today with 77# and one arm jumping pullups.
  73. Kylie Says:
  74. Congratulation Joe and Libby! I can't wait to meet the little one!
  75. Becky Says:
  76. Congrats new parents! It must be an amazing experience.

    Jenni, I'm so proud of you, and that picture is priceless. You'll never forget the day now :)

    Didn't have as a high a number as I would've liked today had 70 and then 62 lunges =132. But went Rxd, so can't complain too much. Thanks again Jon for cleaning up after me :)
  77. Becky Says:
  78. Congrats new parents! It must be an amazing experience.

    Jenni, I'm so proud of you, and that picture is priceless. You'll never forget the day now :)

    Didn't have as a high a number as I would've liked today had 70 and then 62 lunges =132. But went Rxd, so can't complain too much. Thanks again Jon for cleaning up after me :)
  79. Unknown Says:
  80. Congrats to Joe and Libby!
  81. Wes Says:
  82. HAPPY BIRTHDAY CRUZ PATRICK WESTERLIN!!!

    Congratulations Libby and Joe!!!

    Wes
  83. Eric C Says:
  84. CONGRATULATONS! Great news!

    Fantastic pic too
  85. Kat Says:
  86. I got 5 rounds and 3 cleans and 86 lunges..if my math is right that gives me a total of 164
  87. Danielle Ostronic Says:
  88. I got 5 rounds, not Rx'd did 99. Towards the end I got better with my quick elbows! Also I wanted to do strict pull-ups (to get stronger) but didnt, I put a bar on one of the racks and put a bar across it, pulled myself up to it.
    Got 77 lunges. So total was 152.

Thanks For Visiting!