RSS

Tuesday 100223

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
For time:
3 rounds of,
20 Handstand Push ups
20 Sumo Dead-lift High Pull (115#/77#)

immediately followed by,

100 Double Unders

The workout is 3 rounds of the couplet followed by 100 double-unders once. You may subsitute 75 no push up burpees or 600 single unders in place of the double-unders.

Handstand Push ups will utilize the standards set forth by sectional competition in Washington. For guys, this is two green bumpers separated by one ab-mat where the hands are placed over the holes. For gals, the same set up but with two ab-mats stacked.

Post time to comments.



















Greg Mo getting ROM
____________________________________

I have created a new blog for all of you. It is a nutritional blog with links, info, videos, and sometimes my eating habits. I will try to get Joe, Jon, and Amanda to contribute from time to time as well.

It is what I eat. There are some good days and some bad days but I try to fuel my performance as much as possible. It doesn't always work out that way though. I just want you to understand that your nutrition doesn't need to be super high quality nor do you need to weigh everything. Use a little common sense and don't over sweat the small stuff.

I want it to be an interactive blog with questions posted and links to info that you come across that may be of interest.

Nutrisimple - CrossFit Omaha


edit post

25 Responses to "Tuesday 100223"

  1. Unknown Says:
  2. I've got to stop checking this before I come in.
  3. Shelley Says:
  4. Scaled and DNF in the same WOD?!

    I started out Rx'd on HSPU's and then started missing more than I was getting so went to negatives and DB shoulder presses. Had 27 DU's left when time was called. Definitely felt like I took 2 steps backwards today on HSPU's.
  5. Jake Says:
  6. DNF

    Time was called with 4 SDHPs left in the second round. Did not scale the HSPUs.

    Great work 6 a.m.
  7. BC Says:
  8. dnf
  9. Fish Says:
  10. 19:31 not even close to rx'd, believe it or not this was my first attempt at being upside down.
    1st attempt, did not lock out arms(big mistake), then Joe stepped in and helped me out. Was able to do the handstand but that was it.

    For work out I did 5 handsatands then 15 seated dumbell presses 35#, did SDHP rx'd 115#, 600 Single unders.
  11. Hilg Says:
  12. DNF....no surprise but I just wanted to do the work and progress. Sooo...took Joe's advice and scaled to 10 Negatives and 10 DBP/round. Tried to do the DBPs at 40# but had to resort to 35#. SDHPs felt good at 115# and broke it into 12/8 & 10/10. Finished the last set of SDHPs after time was called. Tough one.

    Love the idea of the Nutriblog, Ricky. I feel like I try on the nutrition but there are so many distractions off course at home and traveling. I feel like I know what to do but need motivation to stay on. I'm hoping the blog will help. Are you planning to have a comments section on the blog? Maybe calling out experience in "public" will help keep us on??
  13. Hilg Says:
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.
  15. Shelley Says:
  16. I forgot to say in my comments that I'm super excited/happy that Irv and Karen Wattier are also signed up to do Masters along with Greg P. That is AWESOME!!!
  17. BC Says:
  18. The professional photos from Sectionals are available for viewing if anyone is interested. www.cmaxphoto.com, click on "client viewing," locate the CrossFit Sectionals gallery and enter password CROSSFIT0210. Lots of CFO pictures, I think there's at least one photo of all of us that competed, but I could be wrong.
  19. Gina Says:
  20. DNF! This was my first time doing handstand negatives with no bands. I did 10/10 negatives/db presses (25#). 77# SDHP's felt horrible, I guess I need to keep working on those. I got through 2 whole rounds and 5 negatives in 20 min.

    I am so excited for the masters competitors! You all will do great!
  21. MeganMcNamara Says:
  22. I'm not coming in until later this afternoon...4:30 or 6:30 haven't decided yet I kind of like being a floater.
    I posted on yesterday's blog kind of late so I'm gonna ask the question again and hopefully one of yall will see it today...Donohoe and Nick am I on yall's team for St. Patty's WOD? If so duh we are gonna win. 1.because all vball players know how to drink...especially ex vball players and 2.im irish!!! im thinking the team that wins should be of irish heritage ha.
    Anyway, that is so exciting that GregP, Irv, and Karen are doing the Masters!! Yall are gonna rock it!! Definitely looking forward to that trip :)

    Peace out!
  23. Danielle Ostronic Says:
  24. Attention to all that were at Stokes on Friday::
    If you were drinking Estancia Pinot Grigio and forgot to pay your bill please let me know, so I can get paid :)
    Or if you know who was I will give you a cut!!
    Thanks
  25. Rita Says:
  26. 18:39

    Took Joe's advice and did 5 handstands for 5 seconds and then 15 DB presses at 15#.

    Love the sumo high pull deadlifts.

    I am so happy I can do handstands -even if it's against the wall. I was able to touch my head to the top of 3 ab mats. Further than last week! What a blast.

    Congrats to the Wattiers! I'm proud of you and GregP!

    Ricky - love the Nutrition Blog.
  27. Allison H :) Says:
  28. ~*~ St Patty Day WOD TEAM ~*~
    Jake H and I, Mike O'Hanlon (SOUNDS IRISH EYY?), and Jess Jenkins (a red head so IRISH??)

    we are ready to shotgun beers!!!
  29. Unknown Says:
  30. 19:43 scaled. For HSPU did five handstands (no push up) then 15 seated DB presses at 25#. Almost dropped to 20# but pushed through. Scaled to 88# for the SDHP those were real rough and messy toward the end. Ended with the no push up burpees. Tough one. Nice work 5a.

    Looking forward to the St. Pat's WOD.
  31. Gdawg Says:
  32. This comment has been removed by the author.
  33. paul Says:
  34. i am doing something i hate, namely taking a few days off from crossfit. i didn't really take extra days off after sectionals, and i think that was a mistake.
  35. Paula Says:
  36. 19:44- Did HSPU's negatives and 77# Sumo's. The top of my head is very tender after crashing down on it 60 times. Then I did the 75 no-push up burpees to give my plantar fasciitis/heel spur more time to heal. Those were tougher than I thought!!!

    Awesome job this morning guys!!!

    Congrat to the Irv, Karen, and Greg P. on going on the Masters!! You will represent well!!!

    I too love the nutrition blog, RIcky!!
  37. Stacie Says:
  38. DNF

    Its kinds like these that only make you stronger...

    I liked this WOD
  39. hannah eileen Says:
  40. just in case anyone wanted to waste the next 5 minutes

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgH_ZoMOht8

    Have fun being a "shirt-less whore with a God complex"
  41. Brandon Says:
  42. Anyone need a male who can drink beer on their team for the St Patrick's day WOD? :-)

    BrandonB
  43. Becky Says:
  44. I really wish I would be there for St pats. Did 10 negatives with 2 AB mats. Then 10 presses with 25# for the first 2 then 5 and 15. Used 77# for sdlhp and felt good. Awesome job 4:30.
  45. Greg MO Says:
  46. HAHAHAHA!!!......thats the funniest shit ever Hannah!!!!

    Everyone has to see that!!!!!
  47. Kat Says:
  48. I DNF :(

    I did 20 negatives and 10 presses with 20lb db and 77# on the SDHP.

    I got through 2 rounds and was about 5 negatives into the 3rd round.

    Did 100 double unders in 1:56!! Did the first 40 all in a row (a PR for me!) and then it was 17 and from there it just kept decreasing....

    FYI, my head hurts....I should prolly get stronger so I don't have to do negatives ever again!
  49. Crystal Says:
  50. DNF

    went rx'd and enjoyed working on these. got to round 2 and stuck on the 3rd hspu. darn it! great job 6:30. everyone did great!

Thanks For Visiting!